LiamM32

2013 Train Sets

The PF battery box setup costs $NZ170 here in New Zealand so I won't be buying one. Battery holders for rechargeable AA cells from Dick Smith is what I will be using on my Lego trains, it's what I used with my 16mm scale locos and they worked really well too. Surely the opportunity is there for an AFOL with the right skills to draw up a slimline battery box and make them using 3D printing. Unfortunately I've never been able to master any kind of CAD program or I would be busy doing it right now.

I found the simpler solution is to just you stickers to cover the battery box. using tiles sideways would make stripes harder to line up.

Can you find the rechargeable battery box?

Sal

WFB, WI

Heh heh heh, so simple and so brilliant.

Meanwhile, I'd be interested in hearing more about your couplers and your experience with them (though probably in a new thread).

The PF battery box setup costs $NZ170 here in New Zealand so I won't be buying one. Battery holders for rechargeable AA cells from Dick Smith is what I will be using on my Lego trains, it's what I used with my 16mm scale locos and they worked really well too. Surely the opportunity is there for an AFOL with the right skills to draw up a slimline battery box and make them using 3D printing. Unfortunately I've never been able to master any kind of CAD program or I would be busy doing it right now.

Try bricklink, they are only around $60NZ there, I just bought another 4, they are so much easier than dismantling a locomotive to change batteries.

for $60nz you can buy a 9v motor i think even less they are around $40nz. Thats what i do no need for PF, but i have alot a 9v Track if you only have the new plastic stuff then you are stuck with PF.

Nice to see alot of kiwis on here :-)

I just hope toy world has the horizon express up for pre order or in the shop on the 1st.

Heh heh heh, so simple and so brilliant.

Meanwhile, I'd be interested in hearing more about your couplers and your experience with them (though probably in a new thread).

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was busy this past weekend at a local train show, (my first ever public display).

Yes, the sticker is a great solution IIHO. I don't like to use stickers whenever possible, but it is a necessity.

The couplers are quite simple. I will start a thread shortly.

Anyway, back to my displaying at the train show, If LEGO wants to sell more train sets, they should set up at trishaws. This summer the first LEGO store opened in my area. While at the train show at least a dozen people asked where they could get and how much LEGO train sets cost. Countless others said they didn't know LEGO made train sets. I also found it neat how many adults were interested (without kids). It was an interesting experience, you can see pics on my Brickshelf (when approved).

Sal

WFB, WI

Try bricklink, they are only around $60NZ there, I just bought another 4, they are so much easier than dismantling a locomotive to change batteries.

Yes good old Bricklink :classic: I'll have to save up my pocket money though as October was a heavy brick buying month so getting PF battery boxes will have to wait :cry2:

Nice to see alot of kiwis on here :-)

Yes we get everywhere :laugh: