Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Nice recent mocs.

There is plenty to see and comment. :)

When it comes to aftermarket parts, I have spent a small fortune on them, so I obviously like them. However, I only use pieces that fit in with regular Lego, so no ultra detailed pieces made out of multicolored resin.

Susan Zr. or Master Regulator (whichever you prefer :tongue: , Z), I have a question. How do you accomplish the beautiful curves of the tower in this wonderful MOC? I really wish to learn this technique for a future MOC.

Edited by Penkid11

Good to be back. Screw studying, I totally prefer hanging out on Eurobricks.

my exams are in 8 days, revision hasen't started yet :snicker: I'll start on monday...

Susan Zr. or Master Regulator (whichever you prefer :tongue: , Z), I have a question. How do you accomplish the beautiful curves of the tower in this wonderful MOC? I really wish to learn this technique for a future MOC.

That is a pretty advanced technique... The basic structure is 2 strips of tank tread wrapped around a wheel with technic beams and plates to get the right thickness.

That is a pretty advanced technique... The basic structure is 2 strips of tank tread wrapped around a wheel with technic beams and plates to get the right thickness.

Hasn't Nannan uploaded a tutorial on that technique?

I am not sure. I saw a similar technique without the wheel in the center before. The addition of the wheel really makes the whole thing more stable and allows for a center connection point.

:facepalm: There's a ... but then... and the...

Maybe a picture would suffice? Words are hard to read. :tongue:

Lucky for you, I plan to use that technique in an upcoming MOC. I'll show a photo or two as I go.

Hey guys!

I've been gone for what seems like an age, life has been extremely busy, one thing after the other and then straight back into competitions. I do apologize for my absence, but life has a way of making things difficult at times.

I'm sure you will all agree that Z has done a great job keeping things running smoothly (cheers mate!)

Even though I am supposed to be Guild Leader, it's really just a name, as Avalonia belongs to you guys. You build the mocs and create the stories that bring this land to life, so I fully believe that you are all in charge and responsible for this guild, you all do a great job!

I'm quite glad I've had a break from GOH, as I do hope to keep it running with new stories and competitions after the main story line had finished. I think now, looking back, I would have preferred to be just a participant rather then help run GOH with all the behind the scene stuff. I am a builder at heart and would always rather be building and taking part, rather than all the organizing. All of us guild leaders feel that way, we are all 'builders' rather than 'readers' and 'commenters'.

The quality and improvements everyone here has made is amazing. I can always tell a moc by a GOH member on Flickr, they are always such good quality!

I hope to start being more active now, as I am also building at lot of new mocs.

Keep up the good work everyone, the end rewards shall be worth it!

Hooray for the return of DC! Yes, being an administrator does cut into some building time and also makes it hard to comment honestly and participate in the contests. But it is part of having a community build of this size.

I also really think the MOC quality has exploded since round 1 and we have some castle building BEASTs in Avalonia. Considering this was my first real trip into castle myself, I can say I feel this has really helped my building skills a lot.

Let's stay strong in challenge 5 and load our chests with gold!

Welcome back DC! Glad you are online again! You have done some great mocs yourself according to your Flickr! :classic: And Z have done a great job leading the mighty Avalonia! :thumbup:

Just waiting and waiting for my Bl or der to arrive! Hope to finsish my Varlyrio moc soon!

Edited by de Gothia

Good to see you back as well DC! I have also been watching your stuff on Flickr. I'd love to see you take on a Varlyrio MOC! I can imagine it would be gorgeous!

I received five lego related things in the mail today. Was better than my birthday! two small Bricklink orders, one order from Brick warriors and one from Brick Forge and finally, Sean Kennedy's new book "Cool Castles" Only down size was I really wanted the antlers from Brick Warriors but for some reason I messed up the order and got bear traps instead! Easily fixed. I just made another order!

We have leadership! Wonderful to see you back DC. Looking forward to new MOCs from you.

Heheyy! DC!

Welcome back, it's been some time :grin:

thanks Susan for your awesome leadership while DC was gone, you've done great!

Z has his nice shiny Regulator badge, so his efforts did not go unnoticed.

Like Z said, this guild has some serious building talent. Virtually everyone here can put out very impressive mocs and even those who are newer to building are already learning pretty quick, thanks to the great help and inspiration from everyone else.

How is everyone feeling about GOH? Anyone burned out? I know a lot of you have been here since day one and have built non-stop - that's a feat in itself!

How is everyone feeling about GOH? Anyone burned out? I know a lot of you have been here since day one and have built non-stop - that's a feat in itself!

I think the story is just getting interesting. Though there may not be that hype that GoH had when it first started, but now that it's down to the action, I think everyone should be getting exited again.

I really want to get in the game properly. I still haven't built anything substantial, and I really want to show off what I have. The second I can get my hands on a big collection of gray bricks and brown plates, I'm going to build until I can't feel my fingers.

I think the story is just getting interesting. Though there may not be that hype that GoH had when it first started, but now that it's down to the action, I think everyone should be getting exited again.

I really want to get in the game properly. I still haven't built anything substantial, and I really want to show off what I have. The second I can get my hands on a big collection of gray bricks and brown plates, I'm going to build until I can't feel my fingers.

I can't remember when you started but GOH had heaps of hype when it started, it died down in challenge 2, and has been going up and down since.

but it i sgetting interesting and I don't want it to end! :laugh:

How is everyone feeling about GOH?

I can only speak for myself but I am still in love with GoH and Avalonia. (And Evilonia. And Varlyrio.) I very much hope that GoH is active until I come back from my unfortunate building break (studying abroad). That is not until June but even if no-one is building GoH anymore at this point I still have a large list of Mocs I finally want to make alive.

Anyone burned out?

Obviously not. I'd love to. But that would mean that I would build. Keep it going, great stuff happened here during the last weeks!