Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Six

Mmhmm. Thanks Wary. :thumbup:

I hope Rurik takes a moment to kick himself in the megablocks for not consulting you before blathering out useless accusations. :laugh:

As a note Wary, Dagrun came running to you fuming because Rurik told him our plan. So helpful! I'm just glad it was late enough not to ruin it for us.

A janitor, sure, but flat out false readings that seem to have no indication of the truth being revealed: RIDICULOUS.

I'm just trying to find reasons for why there seem to be so many scum dead already. But let's not argue about the ridiculousness about the conversion action. We seem to agree this is an odd situation we're in and the ridiculousness might as well be in the way conversions work. If they can convert in a two-stage process it might also explain why there seem to be so many Servants. So, let's assume Wary's story checks out. This means Dagrun was incredibly desperate to get Dragmall killed.

Can anyone clarify why the scum can't win while Dragmall's alive though? :look:

I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but I guess we will have to test it. It's a possibility Dragun used the name of Petrus even though it was a towny, but we can't know...

But to think that Dagrun would give away her fellow scum so easily is just plain stupid. She had to make sure the conversion, which she intended her scum mate to do would not be blocked. Why would she give them away? From Wary's conversation with her it becomes clear they knew Dragmall is a blocker and they knew Wary was talking to him. Giving Wary Petrus' name made sure she would be blocked or tracked and not her real scum partner.

So let's find the real Servant of Loki still hiding among us, because you're foolish if you think it's Petrus.

So let's find the real Servant of Loki still hiding among us, because you're foolish if you think it's Petrus.

Is it you then Rurik? Perhaps it is both of you? You were very quick to run to Dagrun after all, and Dagrun never said Petrus was the only scum left. That's certainly an interesting point to make, since you are so convinced for no reason at all that Petrus is not a servant. I wonder why you would be so convinced?

While it is possible, I think you're more likely just a bit crazed in the head.

Can anyone clarify why the scum can't win while Dragmall's alive though? :look:

Well, he's leading the town block.... :hmpf:

Then it's between you, Snotra, and Patrekr. Everyone else is confirmed, more or less.

Considering how Beorn tried to set Snotra up with that fake rolecop result I'd be less inclined to consider him a servant. Patrekr, while not overly active and unconfirmed, doesn't ring any alarm bells for me. In my mind that puts it between Rurik and Petrus.

Interesting that Petrus hasn't had anything to say yet, isn't it? Rurik's just been doing all the fighting for him so far.

Is it you then Rurik? Perhaps it is both of you? You were very quick to run to Dagrun after all, and Dagrun never said Petrus was the only scum left. That's certainly an interesting point to make, since you are so convinced for no reason at all that Petrus is not a servant. I wonder why you would be so convinced?

I'll let Petrus defend himself, but he was suspicious of Hervi since Day One. He was against lynching Finn. Unfortunately, the Servants took take of him because you outed him the night after, probably because they thought he did inherit the investigator action after all. Petrus also was against lynching Cranebeinn, who you trust now.

Then it's between you, Snotra, and Patrekr. Everyone else is confirmed, more or less.

By the way Dragmall 'confirms' people I am confirmed it seems.

By the way Dragmall 'confirms' people I am confirmed it seems.

No, you are confirmed as not killing on night 4. Everyone else is confirmed by role verification, actually.

So yes, I am the broadsword killer as some of you know and I am actually the vigilante. After taking everything into account, it is my understanding that Cranebeinn gave a spear to Gofraid on night 2 and that is why he was seen that night being able to target someone. At that point I knew I needed to find someone to trust, because I was automatically going to be accused of being a serial killer as soon as I popped my head above water. Thankfully the person I chose to contact turned out to be the protector who was in contact with a blocker (supposedly town). Since that point I've been working with the town block behind the scenes taking out the scum one by one.

Oh dear. Want to try again, or be lynched as a liar?

I'm trying to figure out how they know I'm the broadsword killer, to this day I still don't know

Perhaps that's a hint as to who we need to be looking at?

Probably a good idea to clarify there Cranebeinn, Gofraid's spear had to be something else as the inventor can only hand out protective items. However Wary has worked hard thus far to take out the scum, and I see no reason to lynch him unless it becomes clear that he has to kill everyone in order to achieve his manly goals. Personally, I think it's more likely he just has to survive, based on past experience with this god.

But to think that Dagrun would give away her fellow scum so easily is just plain stupid. She had to make sure the conversion, which she intended her scum mate to do would not be blocked. Why would she give them away? From Wary's conversation with her it becomes clear they knew Dragmall is a blocker and they knew Wary was talking to him. Giving Wary Petrus' name made sure she would be blocked or tracked and not her real scum partner.

But the sole fact that Dagrun initiated conversation means two things: A, she thought he was the serial killer, B, she is reckless by default. Giving up Petrus with that does not seem like such a big leap from that.

I'm just going to make a fool of myself again, but I'm just going to say it, what if Dragmall, Wary and possibly some others are a third party faction? I don't really care, since they don't factor into our winning condition, so taking out scum is 100% priority anyway. As I see it, there can either only be one, or two scum be left. It seems most probable at this point it is either Rurik or Petrus. Sorry dudes.

There's no way we wouldn't gotten at least a whisper about an entire third party faction by now.

Look. I know one thing about Wary, he is working with Dragmall. It seems he is not the vigilante, that's the easiest option to explain, then what is he? A killer, sure, but alligned to who? Dragmall, it seems. He is not a serial killer, I think, since he did not take the option from Dagrun, I think. Or he just thought the option with Dagrun was too inferior, it's a distinct possibility, and it makes Wary the serial killer that we used to know. (Now you're just the serialkiller that I used to knoooow). Not that it matters, we ain't here to kill any third party, now are we. :sweet:

It might also explain why Dagrun needed Dragmall dead. Maybe they are rivals! Oh snap, shit just got turned around. I can explain everything, wow hold on.

Ok, Ok. Listen to me. I got the whole answer, I am a genius, and we are all screwed.

So here it is: There are TWO teams of scum. But they are rivals, yet they are both evil, and both servants of Loki. I am going to throw up I'm so smart! That's why there are so many dead scum, there are just TWO GROUPS.

I am going to panic and run in circles now.

Since the town actions have been disclosed already, I'll lay them out here so we have full clarity. I just finished explaining this to Rurik in private, perhaps he will get off his high-horse and admit he is wrong now instead of constantly looking for any reason not to lynch Petrus. :laugh:

I am the town blocker (verified as the tracker saw me target the correct person)

Sveinn is the town protector (verified as the watcher has seen him target me each night he said he was)

Cranebeinn is the town inventor (he gave me an item last night finally, woo!)

Canute is the town tracker (verified as he saw me targeting the correct person, along with others targeting the correct people)

Carl is the town watcher (verified as he has correctl identified the people that targeted me on three nights)

Wary is the town vigilante or neutral SK with a survival win condition (he has helped kill everyone we have asked him to and has provided the evidence to get the final scum)

Wilhalm was tracked last night and seen doing nothing, my conclusion is that he is vanilla.

This leaves Petrus, Rurik, Patrekr and Snotra. Of these four, we have the most evidence against Petrus. Therefore he is our lynch for today. :thumbup:

It would also explain the distrust Dagrun mentioned. Oh gods, oh gods oh gods.

It explains EVERYTHING. Oh my god. If this is true, I love this game, if not, I still do. Oh my god I am shaking, and we are screwed, mostly screwed.

It might also explain why Dagrun needed Dragmall dead. Maybe they are rivals! Oh snap, shit just got turned around. I can explain everything, wow hold on.

Ok, Ok. Listen to me. I got the whole answer, I am a genius, and we are all screwed.

So here it is: There are TWO teams of scum. But they are rivals, yet they are both evil, and both servants of Loki. I am going to throw up I'm so smart! That's why there are so many dead scum, there are just TWO GROUPS.

I am going to panic and run in circles now.

You need to lay off the mead, Snotty. :drunk:

Hmm, I saw Petrus lurking before, odd that he didn't have anything to say. Probably stealing more of our manly food from the table.

Oh here he comes now! How exciting. :moar:

I'll come back to the mound of pig poo Dragmall has been building whilst I've been exploding stuff, and firstly comment on this:

From the silence I can only assume all your minds are blown. I know, mine is too.

Yes, my mind is blown. And I think you've nailed it. It really would explain so much, and it's not that dissimilar to other conflicts Ragnar has been involved with.

Two scum factions, both Servants of Loki, neither knows the other, and presumably rivals until they can merge. One branch of the Servants realises this as soon as the first scummo dies and they spend some time trying to kill each other before joining up and then trying to kill the rest of us.

It explains how we've had dead scum coming out of our ears, and yet we're still here. And how we still seem to have so many night actions still around despite losing a large number of townies.

It explains our win condition and it also explains people's odd behaviour. I had begun to think there were serial conversions to account for how people's behaviour changed so much (town one moment and scummy the next; supporting one scumbag and then accusing a rival) but actually during the phase where the two factions were trying to kill each other they would both have looked pretty town as they were actually looking for other scummos to lynch. Once they realised they could merge, they didn't want to kill each other, not knowing who the others were, explaining why Dragmall was so repeatedly keen to lynch obvious townies (to avoid lynching another unknown scum).

It also explains the kookiness behind Bergulf's investigation technique, and why it was so important as to have an inheritor.

I doubt they merged when Dragmall spoke to Hervi, that would have been too early to account for all this, but perhaps when Wary spoke to Dragmall?

It explains why this is palpably the last day, and therefore how the numbers work. The scum both control the killing actions (they always have) but now they're one ugly morass and one more townie lynch and they're home free.

I'll come back and try to address some of the ridiculousness that Dragmall and co. have been spouting. I can only assume the last scum are Dragmall, Wary, Canute, Carl and Wilhalm.

You forgot Sveinn and Cranebainn. If the town block is scum, we would've won already. :tongue:

No. No way would Canute or Carl be scum. From my interactions with Dragmall and how information has fallen, that is yet another ridiculous statement being spewed.

Well, as an Einherjar, one faction or two, I think you're scum and you should be lynched today, Petrus.

From the silence I can only assume all your minds are blown. I know, mine is too.

You have certainly blown my mind dear wife. :drool:

You forgot Sveinn and Cranebainn. If the town block is scum, we would've won already. :tongue:

They're quite obviously the ones being manipulated.

I think what Snotra is suggesting is a very real possibility and I think it's the twist to our situation that I've been looking for. As I said earlier today, I think this is going to be our last day if we don't lynch a Servant of Loki. So, let's lynch Dragmall (or someone else on his team) and 'verify' this theory. If we're wrong, we can always follow Dragmall's leads tomorrow because, if we have to believe him, we still have plenty of Einherjar to spare against the last Servant of Loki. If you're a loyal Einherjar, you can't possibly be against this plan to verify Snotra's theory.