Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Well, I should be back in full swing of building soon. After a rough month, we finally have some progress with my wife. She has a bulging disc in her neck that is pushing on her spinal cord. That is what was causing the temporary paralysis and muscle spasms. While it is not corrected yet, we are setting up a date for surgery and she should be back on her feet and walking within 2-3 days after the surgery. Thank you all for the support and kind words you offered while I was out, we are very relieved that is the cause of all of this, rather than a neurological disorder as was the fear of the doctors.

That being said, I will not have enough free time yet to get a build done for Challenge 5, but over the next couple of weeks I am hoping to do more than work, sleep, take care of her and run 4 kids around every minute I have.

Good to hear that your wife is on the road to recovery! Not so good to hear that you won't have time to get an challenge 5 entry done in time but thats life. Looking forward to seeing a freebuild though!

Welcome, Joseph Chuikov! Looking forward to seeing some new places in Kaliphlin!

Yes thanks for the help i found the resize option minutes after i posted that. Kayne, I am also very glad that you finally got a Diagnosis!

Joseph, of the Blue Knights, welcome to our guild!

Come have a seat and tell us more about you, your knights and the port you came from!

--

Kayne That's a sigh of relief, I couldn't imagine what you were going through.

SkaForHire Fantastic news! We should have a big wedding here for Dugal !

Kai Nice garden! the round roof is particularly nice, good to see our little university is starting to get flushed out :sweet:

Well, I should be back in full swing of building soon. After a rough month, we finally have some progress with my wife. She has a bulging disc in her neck that is pushing on her spinal cord. That is what was causing the temporary paralysis and muscle spasms. While it is not corrected yet, we are setting up a date for surgery and she should be back on her feet and walking within 2-3 days after the surgery. Thank you all for the support and kind words you offered while I was out, we are very relieved that is the cause of all of this, rather than a neurological disorder as was the fear of the doctors.

That being said, I will not have enough free time yet to get a build done for Challenge 5, but over the next couple of weeks I am hoping to do more than work, sleep, take care of her and run 4 kids around every minute I have.

Thank God for that. I'm glad to hear she's better.

How are we all doing for Challenge 5? I have built the shell and awaiting BL to do the detailing. I hope we will see some more awesome Kailphlin entries again.

Ska, can I have a wedding party for Dugal in my Challenge 5 garden?

:classic:

How are we all doing for Challenge 5? I have built the shell and awaiting BL to do the detailing. I hope we will see some more awesome Kailphlin entries again.

I'm doing my dead level best to finish by the end of the month (yeah, that's tomorrow), since I want to hide my ninja in it. . . all I have left is the top ruins, I want to do something impressive, but that's looking tough. . . Still, I think you guys will like the inside!

Kayne -- Glad to hear you have a diagnosis and a way to treat it. Usually it's the uncertainty that's the worst. BTW, in other wife health news, my wife is at the doctor's today with a strep throat infection. Last time she got this it was bad, and they told her she'd have to have her tonsils out next time it happened :distressed:.

Joseph -- Welcome aboard! Tell us a bit more about your background, where you're from, etc. Make sure you embellish it a bit!

Yuck! Never had my tonsils taken out, but all of my siblings have and I remember them hating it. Best of luck to her!

Kayne -- Glad to hear you have a diagnosis and a way to treat it. Usually it's the uncertainty that's the worst. BTW, in other wife health news, my wife is at the doctor's today with a strep throat infection. Last time she got this it was bad, and they told her she'd have to have her tonsils out next time it happened :distressed:. . .

Apparently I'm destined not to be left out either. . . I ran right through a sliding-glass window today :wall::wacko: . . . so, my guess is I won't be getting too much more building done today (don't quite feel up for it), but I should have a WIP of the progress so far up soon. Sorry to hear that, hope you get it taken care of soon, are you going to be able to build a Challenge V build?

Apparently I'm destined not to be left out either. . . I ran right through a sliding-glass window today :wall::wacko: . . . so, my guess is I won't be getting too much more building done today (don't quite feel up for it), but I should have a WIP of the progress so far up soon. Sorry to hear that, hope you get it taken care of soon, are you going to be able to build a Challenge V build?

Any assessment of the damage? The window I mean :innocent:

I've done that with a screen door before, the worst part was it wasn't my house :blush:

Edited by soccerkid6

Any assessment of the damage? The window I mean :innocent:

I've done that with a screen door before, the worst part was it wasn't my house :blush:

The window? Completly ruined - I shot pieces of glass probably about 5 feet away or more! :laugh: I was going pretty fast and with a good running start. In fact, I went completely through and ended up sitting down on the other side (wondering if hoping I was dreaming. . .) :laugh: In fact, I'm still thinking it might just have been a dream (just wait until I have to do something with my left hand. . .). And at least (although we're renting) it is "our house". . . (still, I'd rather go through a screen door than a glass one any day!).

The window? Completly ruined - I shot pieces of glass probably about 5 feet away or more! :laugh: I was going pretty fast and with a good running start.

Where was the fire? :tongue:

Where was the fire? :tongue:

No fire. . . but I was playing tag. . . (you'd think I'd have grown out of it, maybe :toungue: ). . . anyway, here are a few shots of the progress I've made on Challenge V:

Right:

8144945343_1997c37a37.jpg

Left:

8144976582_6c09423610.jpg

Top:

8144945463_591e16dea0.jpg

Back:

8144945249_e2cfd74986.jpg

The roof/walls of the the temple will be hard, I don't have much red/dark red left. . . I'm thinking about a trapdoor to cover the entrance to the chamber, we'll see! (And after taking the pictures I saw that my ninja is still there - can you spot him?) (Oh, and please, ignore the "rubble" :grin: )

Of course! Tag is one of those games you start to play again in High School after the Junior High intermission... Why is it that way? Because it is. Even if you're an adult its still thoroughly entertaining, especially if the one you're playing with is having a ball.

I've been working on several concepts trying to learn how to build more compactly. Here is a sample board of some of my concepts:

LionsBluffMicro.png

I've posted some of these already but I left them in for comparison. The bottom row are my older concepts which I have abandoned because I realize now I don't have the time or attention span to build something so massive. and the top row are my more recent concepts The two on the top left are alternate models that I am thinking of making in full scale and I am leaning toward going with the second one. Any suggestions?

While I am a giant fan of the massive builds, I agree that the compact builds often offer more detail. I am also trying to be more detailed in a smaller space. Both for attention span reasons as well as practicality of life! The massive projects get derailed too easily with the distractions I currently have, so I figure I can hone my skills with the smaller more precise builds. As to your sample board, I think that both of those mountain fortresses look very intriguing. I like the idea of the skull cave underneath the middle one

Both of those mountains look great, the second one especially, although what is the red supposed to be?

MK, that would certainly look fantastic minifig scale (is that the size you're planning on?)! If you can build it like that boy do you have a lot of rock! The idea of a cave down there is great as well! ::thumbup:

Been gone awhile... sorry.

Most importantly: I am glad to hear the better news Kayne, I wish your wife a speedy recovery now that you at least know what is going on!

Also, welcome to Joseph!

SkaForHire Fantastic news! We should have a big wedding here for Dugal !

That would be awesome, she was very touched by the last representation by Kai (It has been a while, but I am pretty sure it was Kai's travel log - right?)

Absolutely, MOC away. As for progress, I unfortunately only have this weekend to build... and the Weekend is almost over... grrr. What I have in mind is really complicated, so I may have to go to backup.

The window? Completly ruined - I shot pieces of glass probably about 5 feet away or more! :laugh: I was going pretty fast and with a good running start. In fact, I went completely through and ended up sitting down on the other side (wondering if hoping I was dreaming. . .) :laugh: In fact, I'm still thinking it might just have been a dream (just wait until I have to do something with my left hand. . .). And at least (although we're renting) it is "our house". . . (still, I'd rather go through a screen door than a glass one any day!).

Ouch!!!!!! I hope you recover soon.

I'd like to join, the character's name is Magnus.

Short story:

Magnus is descended from a lost race of people called the Terrans.

The Terrans are a mystical and mythical people gifted with exceptionally long lives, vitality, and few of them can control the elements.

The noble and ancient Houses of Mørke, Lys, Brand, and Blæst, and Arkovis have been lost to the ages.

Magnus in his youth discovered his latent and supernatural powers, having enhanced dexterity, agility, strength.

Asking his father what were the changes overcoming him, his father, Freidrich, explained that they were descended from the ancient Terrans, and thus the time came when he

must journey forth and establish himself and conquer the world, whatever that may be.

His command over the elements is limited to lightning bolts, manipulation, and electric fields. This ability is limited to the amount of Magt (Spirit energy) he posseses and develops.

His level of command over electricity and lightning causes strain on his body, and he thus faints if used over long periods of time. Thus he scarecly uses them.

Descended from the lost House Arkovis, he journeys across the world studying alchemy, medicine, swordsmanship, and his understanding of Magt.

Magnus is currently 24 years old. It is rumoured that Terrans do not age as humans do.

His ambition currently is to experience the world and establish himself, as his father wished him.

magnus.jpg

Welcome Magnus! Normal I'm not a fan of tan minifigs, but that one looks great! :thumbup:

Ska, yes, that was me. . . :sweet: I'm a lot beter really. . . I've made progress on the roof of the temple, but I'm not quite sure I like the style, I'll upload a WIP soon (for some reason it reminds me of a state capitol. . .). It's pretty much that or no roof, though. . .

Welcome to Kaliphlin Magnus! Just a side note on the fleshy head... I call all my fleshy minifigs "invadors". :grin: Anyway nice backstory and looking forward to seeing some MOCs!

While I am a giant fan of the massive builds, I agree that the compact builds often offer more detail. I am also trying to be more detailed in a smaller space. Both for attention span reasons as well as practicality of life! The massive projects get derailed too easily with the distractions I currently have, so I figure I can hone my skills with the smaller more precise builds. As to your sample board, I think that both of those mountain fortresses look very intriguing. I like the idea of the skull cave underneath the middle one

Exactly but all the builds I have seen from you seem to be perfectly detailed unlike some of mine.... :laugh: I have a hard time finishing sometimes when I get near completion and I have to work on another project until I get inspired again for the finishing touches....