Hello everybody ! It's long time since I have posted a creation on eurobricks. The one I present to you today is finished for two months now but I have been very busy working on the building instructions.

Building instructions for this model are avaible.They cost 9 euros. Contact me at guillaume.meurisse@gmail.com to buy them. Payement by paypal (with this mail adress)or iban. I will then send you the pdf file.

First of all, I want to thanks some guy who has really helped me :

-my father who helped me resolving some problem while creating the building instructions

-Nathanael Kuipers who also helped me with the building instructions and whose I spoke about my model

-Jurgen Krooshoop who gave me some advice to modelize quicker my hoses

-PG52 who lent me freely some parts to finish my model

-and further : blakbird, nico71, tony_st170,...

Let's introduce the real jeep :

jeep-hurricane-19.jpg

Presented by the Chrysler group as the most maneuverable, most capable and most powerful 4x4 ever built.It owns to v8 engine which delivers each 335 horsepower.Chrysler used its multi-displacement system in the Hurricane. This system allows half of the cylinders in an engine to be deactivated when the vehicle doesn't need as much power.(source :howstuffwork). But the most impressive thing is the steering of the jeep which is able to mill around.To do this, wheels take a strange position and right wheels turn in a different direction than left wheels :

jeep-hurricane-layout.gif

And here is my lego model :

a_jeep_hurricane_lego_technic0020.jpg

It tooks me approximativly 150houres to build it and I think that it's the first jeep hurricane which really works (without beeing pretentious).jeep_hurricane_lego_technic001.jpg

The look is quit characteristich and I think it's not difficult to recognize the real jeep.

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic008.jpg

I designed meticously all characteristichal elements such as cradle,motors,backgate,bullbar,...without forgetting about optimization. Optimization means lightness, a very usefull property to have a working lego jeep. Finally, the model still weights 1kg900 which is quite heavy. Fortunately, the model is still able to mill around like the real one does. But you will hear that motors struggle in high gear because most of the flat are too rough.

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic014.jpg

Without forgetting feet-step :

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic019.jpg

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic018.jpg

Here is the functions list :

-Integral propulsion with two speed gearbox

-Steering on both axles

-Independant suspension with caster angle,portal axle and king pin inclinaison

-Mechanism to switch from normal to zero turning radius mod.

The four wheels are powered by two L-motors. These motors are connected together via a differential to compensate the difference of speed between both motors.

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic016.jpg

A central differential is used between right wheel and left wheel ( unlike our traditionnal car where central differential is used between front and rear wheel). On the above pictures, you can also see the transfert case and the gearbox used to change the direction rotation of one pair of wheel.jeep_hurricane_lego_technic0021.jpg

The steering works with a M-motor. It can be disconnected to change from normal mod to zero turning radious mod with this gearbox :

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic025.jpg

The change from one mod to other mod is done thanks to pneumatic. Sardo-autovalve is used for this function.Two pneumatic cylinders (connected on the racks and moving with them) extend and by doing so, bring closer the links which pull the hub, so the wheels turn. As racks are not especially in their neutral position, I have created a system to back them to the center. But racks are linked with a 12t to the motor, so to move racks, the 12t gear need to move and the motor also. It's for this reason the M-motor is disconnected at the same time by a big pneumatic cylinder.

During all these changes occurs, a last one happens : the change of direction rotation of on peer of wheels.

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic022.jpg

It is done by the pneumatic cylinder under the frame ( no more space inside).

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic004.jpg

The blue pin is used as a stop because there are too much slack between rack and wheels.

jeep_hurricane_lego_technic020.jpg

As you can see on the above picture, wheels turn much more than cv-joint can. For this reason, I have shifted from one stud from the lower triangle the cv-joint.

I have plenty of things to say on this model but I prefer to be short and comprehensible because my english is not enough advanced to exprim what I want exactly to say.

You can see all the pictures of this model on my brickshelf galery :

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=510206

And here is the video :

Last but not least, I have spend lot of times creating the building instructions so everyone can build my model ! They cost 9 euros. Contact me at guillaume.meurisse@gmail.com to buy them. Payement by paypal or iban. I will then send you the pdf file.

building_instructions1.jpg

building_instructions2.jpg

building_instructions-bom.jpg

I'm very happy with this model and after all the time involved I'm pleased to finally present it to the community. It's time to build another creation. As usal I'm open to any comments and remarks !

Guillaume.

Edited by GuiliuG

I like the car GuiliuG it look just like the real thing. :classic:

The steering makes for a interesting model.

I think I spotted a flaw in the instructions... the 23th step... I think it should be more detailed,its does not seem to be very clear in how you join the sub assembly to the main model.

I also think you should add a pin 1/2 in both the holes above were the grey axle (3) goes through the too small liftarms,

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hmmm do you have a video of it driving? If I have all the pieces then I would definitely consider purchasing instructions!

Very great Moc you make Guillaume,

Good looking and a stunning technics in it. :wub:

Olso that step 23th is a mistary for Ryan makes us hapy :tongue: (just kidding Ryan, it's not clear too see)

Edited by VFracingteam

Last but not least, I have spend lot of times creating the building instructions so everyone can build my model ! They cost 9 euros. Contact me at guillaume.meurisse@gmail.com to buy them. Payement by paypal or iban. I will then send you the pdf file

Do we send the 9 euros to this e-mail?

I have made a rough copy of step 23 and edited it,this may help you in future with tricky steps. :classic:

Download

Olso that step 23th is a mistary for Ryan makes us hapy :tongue: (just kidding Ryan, it's not clear too see)

You bad man..... :iamded_lol:

Do we send the 9 euros to this e-mail?

Yes.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I did not think that anybody could build a functional Jeep Hurricane in Lego Technic. Bravo! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

129_0601_06la_33z+2007_jeep_hurricane+rear_side_view.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thanks everybody ! The video was posted on the first post but I hadn't put correctly the link. Here it's :

Alasdair : I have built the jeep with the building instructions and haven't found any problem. Honnestly, I don't see where's the problem with the sub-assembly step23? And I don't understand where you want to put the pin 1/2 ?!

Edited by GuiliuG

Well, it doesn't cound as it was never finished, I couldn't be bothered to finish the body work but it worked great!

Maybe that's way nodody ever posted it......

Alasdair : I have built the jeep with the building instructions and haven't found any problem. Honnestly, I don't see where's the problem with the sub-assembly step23? And I don't understand where you want to put the pin 1/2 ?!

Well I guess that's ok then, the 1/2 pin is in each of the connectors.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I did not think that anybody could build a functional Jeep Hurricane in Lego Technic. Bravo! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Someone built one a few years ago.

Oh yep Allamp, I have already seen your MOC but I didn't know it was able to drive. So I'm the second one to build a working jeep hurricane :p

@Meatman :Coney's creation is not really a jeep hurricane for me because it works more like a bulldozer ( one motor per side of wheels).

Also, to be clear my paypal adress is the e-mail adress I have posted above.

Oh yep Allamp, I have already seen your MOC but I didn't know it was able to drive. So I'm the second one to build a working jeep hurricane :p

@Meatman :Coney's creation is not really a jeep hurricane for me because it works more like a bulldozer ( one motor per side of wheels).

Also, to be clear my paypal adress is the e-mail adress I have posted above.

Yeah, with the two buggy motors it goes quite well, and with the wheels turning to such a high angle turning on the spot does not strain the motors that much. But yours is still the first to be finished as well as working like the real thing. Well done :thumbup:

An excellent MOC with splendid maneuverablity, appearance and independant suspension. :thumbup: