Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

Ok, well it seems the best idea would be to just run back to the beginning of this maze, and try going all left, if that doesn't get us anywhere, we can just leave through where we entered.

Let's see if there is more than one option for going back. If not, then I say we just try to go through as many doors as possible, since we are running out of time.

Pretzel walks out of the dead end, and looks back at from where they came from. Unfortunately there was only one way, the one that they came from. But there is the other doorway to the left.

The party takes the doorway to the left. Unlike most of the other doorways, this doorway leads into a long tunnel. They walk for four minutes until they finally arrive to another split in the tunnel. The air feels thick. It is different then the rest of the tunnels.

bl.jpg

The question is... which way? (22 minutes remain)

The party goes straight, and discovers another interesting room.

2.jpg

Some makeshift weapons, three crates, a dead frog, and a bat that seems to uninterested in the party.

adam.jpg

"This is equiptment of the ostrich raiders, I'm sure."

Edited by Flare

I use my magnifying glass on the bat.

"Good God, these demons look more evil than ever when seen through a magnifier!"

"What are we supposed to be looking for here anyway, frog essence or something gross like that. Anything a dead frog could give us?

The bat appears to be sleeping. It would be wise to not wake it up. The frog is long dead. Nothing useful unless you like to eat frog legs.

But there are a few interesting items inside of the crates.

In the first crate Erdy finds an apple core, an empty bag (labeled bird seed), and a stack of musty papers. Most of them seem to be illegible, although if enough time was spent then it might be possible to find something that was legible.

In the next crate she finds is empty.

When Erdy, she finds something magical. It is... a magical shovel! *oh2*

heroica-shovel.jpgMagic Shovel - (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest)

adam.jpg

"Whoa... it looks like a normal shovel but it is infinitely awesomer... :wub_drool: But lets hurry up, there are only 18 minutes left till we'll be locked in here!"

Edited by Flare

"I would love to add another shovel to my collection...of one...should we use it to dig right away. :drool:

Otherwise, let's go back once and then go left again.

Edited by Palathadric

We'll save digging time for later, as for now, let's run back to the entrance to this cave, and go left, instead of straight.

Monk, you can hold the shovel for now.

"Why, thank you!"

"I would say that I think it would take too long to go all the way back to where we first entered and then take all lefts. We should just try to go through as many passages as we can, in my opinion. :sceptic:

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 12 Cleric

Power: 22

Defense: 5

Health: 22/22

Ether: 17/20

Gold: 122

Equipment: Staff of Malbert (WP:10,
Light-Elemental
), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, 3 Gold Bars, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something
when used, limited to three uses per quest)

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17.5 Druid
*party leader*
*lucky*

Power: 27

Health: 31/31

Ether: 19/20

Gold: 452

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe, Bronze Statue

adam.jpg

Adam
, Level 21 Berserker (NPC - controlled by The_Customizer)

Power: 30

Health: 40/40

Gold: 0

Equipment: Regular Standard Ordinary Sword (WP:9)

Inventory: nothing

The party goes back one room and takes the left path. As soon as the walk through the doorway a door slams down behind them. In front of them is another door, which looks just like the one they entered at the very beginning of the caves.

1.jpg

The door opens. "You found the exit, good job." said the voice. "Now prepare to fight my minions, weak heroes! You have no choice but to die at the hands of the demon-frogs. That is, if we had hands."

The only way is right into the middle of the froggy territory. What will the party do?

Hmm, maybe it would work to just throw a bomb or two out there before we go out, removing a good amount of their health before even having to attack them.

What do you guys think?

I use my magnifying glass on the pests outside to attempt to determine what their stats are like.

"Hey, Erdy. Why don't we throw dirt on them with our shovels and bury them? What will a snake a bunch of frogs be able to do against that?" :wink:

Pretzel attempts to use his magnifying glass on the frogs, but he ends up falling out of the doorway right in the middle of the frogs.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog A

Type: Vermin, Demon

Level: 16

Health: 306/206

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit
- The demon-frog ribbits a powerful ribbit and confuses the target.

Special II:
Savage Summon
- Summons another Demon-Frog to join the battle.

Special III:
Creepy Croak
- The demon-frog gives a mighty croak, and doubles his health, at the loss of 5 health from each party member.

Drops: Demon-Frog Essence, Paralyzing Venom

Note: If one demon-frog is defeated, the other one flees the battle. Specials #1 & #2 alternate as long as his health is above 50, otherwise special #3 occurs.

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog B

Level: 15

Health: 325/325

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit

Special II:
Savage Summon

Special III:
Creepy Croak
- The demon-frog gives a mighty croak, and doubles his health, at the loss of 5 health from each party member.

Note: If one demon-frog is defeated, the other one flees the battle. Specials #1 & #2 alternate as long as his health is above 50, otherwise special #3 occurs.

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog A

Type: Vermin

Level: 8

Health: 71/71

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog
- Calls another Evil Frog to join the battle and 50/50 chance causes cursed-effect to the target.

Drops: Paralyzing Venom

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog B

Level: 9

Health: 82/82

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog
- Calls another Evil Frog to join the battle and 50/50 chance causes cursed-effect to the target.

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper A

Level: 6

Health: 51/51

Special:
Poisonous Bite
– Causes 3 damage and the poisoned-effect to the target.

Drops: Venom

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper B

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper C

Level: 7

Health: 59/59

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Level: 11

Health: 123/123

Defense: 2

Special:
Heal and Summon
- Heals all battle members (enemies and party members) with 3 health, and invites another enemy to join the battle.

Drops: Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Magic Viper Skin

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric

Health: 22/22

Light-Elemental

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, 3 Gold Bars, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*

Health: 31/31

lucky

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe, Bronze Statue

adam.jpg

Adam
(NPC - controlled by The_Customizer)

Level 21 Berserker

Health: 40/40

Party leader, please choose battle order. And both of you choose your actions (and remember to choose Adam's actions too, please)

Edited by Flare

Ok, considering that me and Adam are the strongest of the three, here is the battle order:

Erdathcath drinks Smelling Salts

Adam attacks Demon Frog A (Front row obviously)

​Monk Pretzel (You should probably attack the other Demon frog, or one of the snakes)

Erdathcath attacks Demon Frog B (Back row, with Handcannon)

Does that sound good to you Monk?

As she continues to ponder the fight, Erdathcath realizes it would be best to yell for Eugene, and ask him to bring another Hero from the Hall. A hero who is strong, and smart in a difficult fight like this.

Edited by The_Customizer

"I can absorb most of the free hits delivered against me, if I fight from the back row, but neither you nor Adam have any form of protection, so I'm not sure whether I should fight one of the weaker opponents, in an attempt to finish them off as quickly as possible, or if I should join you in fighting the stronger ones."

For now, I will attack Green Viper A from the front row, unless Erdathcath tells me otherwise.

Battle Round 1:

Erdy - smelling salts

Adam vs. Demon Frog A - Defended Counter

Monk Pretzel vs. Green Viper A - Critical Hit

>Erdy vs. Demon Frog B - Hit / Aim

Evil Frog A - free hit on Erdy - 4 damage

Evil Frog B - free hit on Adam - 9 damage

Green Viper B - free hit on Monk - 1 damage

Green Viper C - free hit on Erdy - 4 damage

Magic Red Viper - free hit on Erdy - 6 damage

Erdy takes some smelling salts, making her hastened. Adam then does a Defended Counter against Demon Frog A, receiving 16 damage but causes 9 damage in return to the devilish amphibian. Monk Pretzel then performs a critical hit on Green Viper A, striking the snake with 32 damage. Erdy then hits Demon Frog B causing 27 damage to the frog. Afterwards Erdy receives a total of 14 damage from free hits, Adam receives 9 damage, and Monk only 1.

Enemies:

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog A

Level: 16

Health: 297/306

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit

Special II:
Savage Summon

Special III:
Creepy Croak

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog B

Level: 15

Health: 298/325

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit

Special II:
Savage Summon

Special III:
Creepy Croak

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog A

Level: 8

Health: 71/71

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog B

Level: 9

Health: 82/82

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper A

Health: 19/51

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper B

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper C

Level: 7

Health: 59/59

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Level: 11

Health: 123/123

Defense: 2

Special:
Heal and Summon
- Heals all battle members (enemies and party members) with 3 health, and invites another enemy to join the battle.

Drops: Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Magic Viper Skin

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric

Health: 21/22

Light-Elemental

(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*

Health: 17/31

lucky

adam.jpg

Adam
(NPC - controlled by The_Customizer)

Level 21 Berserker

Health: 15/40

Party leader, please choose battle order. And both of you choose your actions (and remember to choose Adam's actions too, please)

Edited by Flare

"Should I heal Adam or attack again? You seem to be in excellent from since you acquired that satchel from Ricky, so it's not unlikely that some miracle will be performed, especially since you are also looking exceptionally fleet of foot, after sniffing at those smelling salts, but I guess it's up to you."

I will heal Adam from the back row. If Adam is already at full health when it gets to my turn, I will fight repeat my previous action.

If Erdathcath tells me to do otherwise, I will follow her instructions.

Ok, it seems it would be best for me to try attacking twice, and if I don't get a Shield (Roots of life) it would probably be best for you to heal Adam, who would then attack again.

Therefore the battle order is:

Erdathcath attacks Demon Frog A from Back Row

Erdathcath attacks Demon Frog B from Back Row

Monk heals Adam (If needed.) If not needed he repeats attack

Adam repeats attack.

What exactly is a defended counter?