bootz

MOC/WIP: Modular Car Dealership + 2 new cars

Really nice work, I like how it progressed and got better with time. You have actually given me a great idea for a new MOC of my own! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm glad I inspired you, I'm looking forward to seeing your own MOC.

Looks good. With all that white, what if you made the blue band taller and put bolt in white letters in it? Also, I appreciate that you kerned the L and the T, but the difference is too much. Try reducing he space between the hot letters to one stud, or open up the space between the L and the T.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Super inspireing! That gumball machine is better than Legos! P.S. you spelled staff sfatt so it sounds like he's fat. P.P.S. I saw the updates on my way to comment super cool! Gonna read em again!

IMAG0860.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

IMAG0862.jpg

IMAG0863.jpg

Please excuse the mess, there's been alot of construction in town.

Seen the movie 'Giant' have we 'bootz', the big boss up high above this charges and customers eh ? :laugh:

Looking better each update.....Brick On ! :grin:

Seen the movie 'Giant' have we 'bootz', the big boss up high above this charges and customers eh ? :laugh:

Looking better each update.....Brick On ! :grin:

I actually have not seen it, but that is indeed the idea. My girlfriend doesn't like that his office is so open, but I love the way it looks.

I like the final result 'bootz'....he is still watching over his city eh ? :laugh:

What's next ? :wink:

Up next is finishing the sidewalk. The interior is basically done now, no pics yet though.

I'm much happier with the way the front looks now, though I still might have some tweaking to do. I took gotoandlego's advice about the small lettering above the door and fixed the L and T. I also centered the door, I don't know why I didn't in the first place.

Edited by bootz

I'm confused. I just read this topic from the start, watching the Bolt dealership transform over time and then the last post is back to one level.

I like this version though, as it has lots of glass to show off the cars inside. I thought the 3 level version was moving away from car dealership to look more like a police station.

I love that red car from a few posts back.

I'm confused. I just read this topic from the start, watching the Bolt dealership transform over time and then the last post is back to one level.

I like this version though, as it has lots of glass to show off the cars inside. I thought the 3 level version was moving away from car dealership to look more like a police station.

I love that red car from a few posts back.

I just started rebuilding it a few days ago, a second floor is to come. I got tired of the way the 3 floor one one looked. Like you said, it didn't look like a dealership anymore.

I got all these trans clear windows from a PAB wall and decided to put them to good use. My goal was to let in a lot more light with this version.

I think it looks like a real (Ford) dealer now. I would not add another floor.

I'm thinking now that I might just leave it one floor. If i did do a second floor, it would only be a small office, the dealership I work at has the offices upstairs.

I want to pick up more of these trans clear windows plus some dark red bricks and build a school in this style. After I put this together my first thought was "school".

On a side note, I got my first ever Lego train yesterday after two decades of wanting one. Red Cargo Train wad on sale at TRU so I jumped at the chance to get it.

Edited by bootz

I like this new version better. It definitely has more of a dealership look. The old one looked like it could be the Bolt HQ building. Personally I'd keep this one, one floor as well. Either way I'd like to see what you have in mind :classic:

IMAG1114.jpg

IMAG1121.jpg

All we know is he's called the Stig!

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

Service/parts counter and manager's desk

IMAG1124.jpg

The inspection machine and special tools lockers.

IMAG1126.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg