Eurolock

Helm's Deep expansion [MOC]

Congratulations Eurolock in blending so well the actual set with your Moc, it looks fantastic.

Now we just need this as an addon set, I'd buy the caves seperate to helms deep happily.

Same here, even if it was more expensive than the actual Helm's Deep fortress. That would actually be kind of cool if Lego made a D2C set that you could add on to really make a set accurate. The Helm's Deep set could be mass produced and sold at stores like it is now and then they could have an add on D2C set that's like 250-300 bucks and makes the set nearly identical to the actual thing in the movie for the really hardcore fans. No figures or anything, just stuff to make it more accurate.

I absoultely love this build and am trying to figure out how to reproduce, or at least approximate, it. Any chance you could post pictures of the various components from more angles? Thanks.

Splendid display piece. Like others have said, it's impressive how you have managed to keep the official set almost completely intact and just built and expanded upon it to create a more "whole" feel. Good work.

I absoultely love this build and am trying to figure out how to reproduce, or at least approximate, it. Any chance you could post pictures of the various components from more angles? Thanks.

I can certainly take some more pictures that show the various parts of the build - though I might not get a chance until the weekend. I think the key parts are the spiral ramp that leads up from the front gate and the 'floor' that fits inside the curved inner wall of the original set. These were the key challenges in integrating the official set into a larger scale MOC.

And thanks again for all the generous comments everyone. :classic:

Hi, did you use 2 set of the official helm deep? Or just 1 set? Thanks. Excellent MOC, always wanted something like this..

An amazing piece of work, Eurolock. I joined Eurobricks so I could join in with the others who've posted praise for it! Seriously, this is my first ever post! The moc really captures the feel of the film-set. I can't decide which of the many well-thought out bits I like the most: the Glittering Caves, the great hall, the bridge gateway, the back stairs, or that ramp.

I'm one of those people who loved the books before seeing the films and now like bits of both (prefer film Aragorn to books Aragorn, prefer books Paths of the Dead to film Paths of the Dead etc etc etc), so I thought your nod to the detail of the thrown stones was a really nice touch.

I second the requests for more info on how you did it all.

Right, I'm off to find out how Penguin built that gondola for his Gotham PD airship....

Hi, did you use 2 set of the official helm deep? Or just 1 set? Thanks. Excellent MOC, always wanted something like this..

I used about 90% of the parts from a second set (as this was more cost effective than getting everything from bricklink). The pick-a-brick selection at my local Lego store helped a lot too as I was able to get LBG 2x1, 3x1, 4x1 and 2x4 bricks and DBG 1x3, 1x4, 1x1, 2x4 and 2x6 bricks which helped a lot.

I will post some more pictures that show the various key parts of the integration with the official set soon since a few people have expressed interest. I'm really glad so many people like it.

Great work, your extention looks fantastic, really love the caves especially! Fantastic job! :thumbup:

That is a real work of art there. I have seen the movie several times, because it is one of my all time favorites. You have truly struck it right. I can see Helmsdeep as it is shown in the movie. Magnificently done. My compliments. :thumbup::wub:

Hey guys.. I'm new to this site but not new at all to Lego. I stumbled onto the site because of this masterpiece, I have been looking for ideas to in crease the size of my helms deep and this is by far the most beautiful piece I've seen. although I won't be able to replicate your work, I will definitely know in which direction to go with my build. Thanks for this great display.

This is just amazing! All the details. I am reminded of an iceburg, only 10 percent above the surface, omly 10 percent of this MOC visible. I am not sure you could post enough photos to do it justice.

The castle is great, but adding the rocks and the mountain and the caves, ah the caves.

I await your next creation, after I more fully explore this one.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Very impressive. I especially like the creative rocky mountain system; if only i had that many slope bricks! :laugh:

Altogether a very well executed MOC. :thumbup:

Edited by Endeavour

I ordered a second Helm's Deep (wthout the minfigs) from Ebay and it just arrived today. I also ordered a bunch of random DBG and LBG pieces from Bricklink. I'll likely start building soon. Any additional pictures would be much appreciated.

Hi Eurolock, seeing your MOC Helm's Deep definitely put my own aspiration for a Helm's Deep MOC to shame, nonetheless I am so thrill upon seeing your gallery.

Btw I would like to know if your Gamling figure is custom made? Cos I could not find the torso and leg parts from the catalog anyway.

Hope you can enlighten me about that creation.

Thanks.

Gamling's legs are just Eomer's. The torso is 973pb691c01 (kingdoms dragon knight scale mail) - but I swapped in dark red arms and flesh hands. Nothing rare..

Keep meaning to get some more pictures on Flickr to show how some things liked the ramp etc were done.

Gamling's legs are just Eomer's. The torso is 973pb691c01 (kingdoms dragon knight scale mail) - but I swapped in dark red arms and flesh hands. Nothing rare..

Keep meaning to get some more pictures on Flickr to show how some things liked the ramp etc were done.

Thanks for the clarification, now I know what I could do with a spare Eomer around.

Looking forward to more delectable pictures from you.