Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Varlyrio Challenge

Varlyrio is a vibrant guild, but it is up to you to show how the various aspects of daily life in the guild!

Build a vignette (maximum 32 x32) that shows some aspect of daily life in Varlyrio. it could be a villa or scene from the capital of lllyria including canals. A stone or gem quarry run by dwarves near the Coluna Mountains, adventures in the inland sea, a whaling or merchant ship or even a pirate ship. Perhaps show workers tending to an orchard or even something as small as a gondola.

Scoring the will be done by two guild leaders and MikeyB using the following criteria:

1) Build idea and fitting in with Varlyrio 20pts

2) Story and characters 10pts

3) Build quality/originality/photography 20pts

Rules

No digital entries

Max base size 32 x32 or equivalent stud area

Minimal photoshop effects allowed

Maximum 5 pictures no larger than site guidelines, 800x600

Create a new thread for your entry and post one photo and a link in this thread

No multiple entries at this time

Deadline is December 16, 2012 and is open to all Guilds of Historica members.

If you have any question please ask in this thread or PM MikeyB.

Prizes

Frist prize is the Lord of the Rings Shelob Attacks set

Honorable mention, a Varlyrion elite soldier, Garra (CMF 8 conquistador)

Enjoy and have fun!

Edited by MikeyB
*This IS an officially sanctioned EB contest*

Nice contest! I will be sure to enter this once exams are done (maybe earlier) are multiple entries accepted?

alright, I'm just waiting for the sky to clear (we're just having the first snow) so I can take the pics. My moc is done and fits the criteria perfectlty well!!

Nice contest! I will be sure to enter this once exams are done (maybe earlier) are multiple entries accepted?

No.

I thought I put no multiple entries in the rules, (I know they were in the list of rules that I PMd the guilds leaders)

they are in the rules now!

Looking forward to everyones entries!

Fun contest! I don't know if I have time to build a moc but It will be fun to see everyone's entries.

alright, I'm just waiting for the sky to clear (we're just having the first snow) so I can take the pics. My moc is done and fits the criteria perfectlty well!!

I didn't thougt that the snow was so early in Germany, we in Sweden (A little way away from Stockholm) got it 2 days ago.

skys have cleared up, snow has melted, in other words: the first entry:

dscn2062.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus
Added picture for link.

This sounds very enteresting, especially the deadline works great for me! :sweet:

Me too :thumbup: I should be able to enter, I'll just put some time for it in my daytimer :laugh:

what I wonder: are the free build points going to count for our original guilds?

Edited by kabel

Is it ok with some overhang on the 32x32? I want to add a base around the moc

that's fine, some overhang is exceptable as well.

what I wonder: are the free build points going to count for our original guilds?

Not sure if free build points are going to the original guild or not. Hope one of the guild leaders can answer that .

I say yes so long as you also include at least one figure from your guild. Remember though, this is a fifth guild entry showing daily life there, so make sure the MOC displays that first and foremost.

Because Kabel entered his already, it is exempt from the one figure rule and can be a free build.

thanks for the clarification Z, Lucky Kabel included a Mitgardian merchant in his build!

I say yes so long as you also include at least one figure from your guild. Remember though, this is a fifth guild entry showing daily life there, so make sure the MOC displays that first and foremost. . .

So we have to include a figure from our guild, but it doesn't have to be our Sig-fig (eg. it could be just a stereotyped merchant?)

Edited by Kai NRG

Will absolutely participate, I really like Varlyrio looks.

So we have to include a figure from our guild, but it doesn't have to be our Sig-fig (eg. it could be just a stereotyped merchant?)

My build has a figure from an earlier moc, but not my sigfig. As this was approved, I guess it works just fine!

Instead of using my sig-fig or some Kaliphlin in my entry, can I use a Valaryian that I am planning on using as one of Ageven's followers in future builds (and my guild still get the free build points)? Also, am I alowed to make a border around a 32x32 base (like Z often does)?

the use of the fig and the border is no problem. As to the free points, I am not sure the contest count toward free build points but I am sure the mods or Z will be able to answer that.

the use of the fig and the border is no problem. As to the free points, I am not sure the contest count toward free build points but I am sure the mods or Z will be able to answer that.

I say yes so long as you also include at least one figure from your guild. Remember though, this is a fifth guild entry showing daily life there, so make sure the MOC displays that first and foremost...

I was wondering if, even under those conditions, it would still be valid. :wink:

Nice to hear about the border, I'm not sure I'll be able to but I'm thinking about giving one a go...

Contest entries for Varlyrio can count as free builds so long as there is at least 1 guild specific element in the build. A figure or whatever.

Contest entries for Varlyrio can count as free builds so long as there is at least 1 guild specific element in the build. A figure or whatever.

Thanks! That should be easy.... :grin:

Edit: It was easy... (clicking the picture takes you to the topic)

8199151793_5394ef8dde.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG