Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Four

Day4Banner.png

Bergulf (badboytje88) was happily spending his night howling at the moon like a wolf.

IMG_0408.jpg

He growled as he saw the dark figure that closed in on him.

IMG_0410.jpg

Bergulf was unwilling to go down without a fight. In an extraordinary feat of strength, he managed to pick up a large metallic boulder...

IMG_0411.jpg

... Which he threw at the hooded figure. Unfortunately he wasn't a good shot, and the boulder flew straight over the figure's head...

IMG_0414.jpg

... And hit Hervi's ugly grave instead,

IMG_0420.jpg

Having spent all his energy, Bergulf turned away from his attacker, hoping he would be given some time to catch his breath...

IMG_0415.jpg

But the attacker impatiently shanked their target in the back and headed back home. Bergulf was a Loyal Einherjar.

IMG_0418.jpg

Sigmund (Sisco) entered the hall, hoping to enjoy a little midnight feast.

IMG_0403.jpg

Pleased to find a few scraps still lying around from the afternoon, he quickly dug in...

IMG_0404.jpg

He was so engrossed with his chicken drumstick, he didn't hear the creaking floorboards above him.

IMG_0402.jpg

The dark figure lined up their target...

IMG_0400.jpg

... And threw their sword into the back of Sigmund's neck.

IMG_0399.jpg

Morning arrived again and the einherjar crept into the hall. They were shocked to find Sigmund's dead body lying on one of the tables.

IMG_0395.jpg

"Fear not, my brave warriors. Sigmund was a Servant of Loki. Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) was also a Servant of Loki."

"Harald!" Ragnar called out, "there's scum all over my table. Clean him off."

IMG_0394.jpg

But Harald was nowhere to be found. He had left Valhalla, as Odin had ordered. He had received a mission, and when it was over, he'd never want another one.

IMG_0393.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

1-1.jpg

Ragnar the Great

2-1.jpg

Harald

Living Players (16):

12.jpg

Beorn Ale-Lover (Bob)

16.jpg

Dragmall (Dragonator)

2.jpg

Finn the Squinter (fhomess)

13b.png

Stemid the Pale (Sandy)

14.jpg

Sveinn the Uninspired (Scouty)

21.jpg

Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

25.jpg

Erik the Boneless (Etzel)

18.jpg

Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

8.jpg

Wary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

22.jpg

Patrekr the Red (Palathadric)

9.jpg

Cranebeinn (Chromeknight)

17.jpg

Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

24.jpg

Dagrun (Darkdragon)

6.jpg

Rurik the Bastard (Rick)

13.jpg

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

4.jpg

Carl Poem-Piece (Capt. Redblade)

The Dead (again):

1-2.jpg

Magnus (Masked Builder) - Einherjar - mod-killed, Day One

DTDS.png

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs) - Einherjar - convicted, Day One

SMS.png

Steinvoir Meat-Shield (Shadows) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

JB.png

Jormund (JimButcher) - Servant of Loki - murdered, Night One

CG.png

Gerrid (Captain Genaro) - Servant of Loki - convicted, Day Two

GTF.png

Gofraid the Foog (Fugazi) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

CM.png

Chief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

HPH.png

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) - Servant of Loki - convicted, Day Three

BB.png

Bergulf (badboytje88) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Three

SIG.png

Sigmund (Sisco) - Servant of Loki - murdered, Night Three

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar (Town) or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutralcharacters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 72 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 48 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

What a great relief to see two Servants of Loki dead this morning, hurrah!

It's unfortunate about the loss of Bergulf, at least we have him confirmed and use whatever findings he's had to our advantage.

Surely by now the servants of Loki are severely weakened, let's hope that we only have two more to go

Well, it seems like an open secret, and there isno harm in saying it now. Bergulf was Artemis, the town investigator.

Which Hervi knew of course. Because Bergulf always asks Hervi what to do...

The question is, did he get a result last night and pass it on before dying?

And in other news I was speaking to Hephaestus. He was blocked last night. But then, Hervi knew about him too. Hopefully the scum blocker is now dead.

Excellent great news that we made the absolute right decision to convict Hervi. More importantly, we had rid of 2! I am sure we are not that far of nabbing the rest. Poor Bergul... We will avenge your death...

Four scum! By my fuzzy gray bush, we got four scum! :grin_wub:

...Although this does disprove my theory about the serial killer working with them. :blush:

The question is, did he get a result last night and pass it on before dying?

Any information gained is lost when the person dies, so this would be impossible, unfortunately. In the end Bergulf's only result was the not-so-true result he got on Hervi and himself. It now seems like Hervi was tailored, and Hervi did well in his control of Bergulf. Fortunately, it was not solid and Bergulf only thought he could be sure of his information. I wonder if this "tailor" has connection to the Prankster role and that's what's causing confusion among the power roles. I asked Hervi in private for the identity of the Prankster (I thought it appropriate since if he was town any information he had would not die with him, plus a role such as a prankster doesn't sound very einherjary to me)...he was quite quiet of the fact, which means it doesn't exist (which I wouldn't be all that surprised if it didn't) or it was one of his scum mates. In terms of today, I think it'd be well to first review what info we have among us from Hervi's death, as well as poke those who insist on sleeping in the shadows as this ordeal continues.

Wow, this is great. Two more down, at this rate we should be able to get back to feasting very soon. It is too bad Bergulf was killed and he ended up being loyal, but that means lots of stuff we can analyze today at least. I think Dragmall was spot on when he said that Hervi's death would help us no matter what alignment he came up with, and now it's time to start the process and catch the last evil ones.

Wow, this is great. Two more down, at this rate we should be able to get back to feasting very soon. It is too bad Bergulf was killed and he ended up being loyal, but that means lots of stuff we can analyze today at least. I think Dragmall was spot on when he said that Hervi's death would help us no matter what alignment he came up with, and now it's time to start the process and catch the last evil ones.

I agree that there is much to analyze and most of it will be spent trying to determine how much Hervi lied about. While I hope we can get back to feasting, I have a feeling with their numbers reduced by so many, it will be that much harder to sniff out the last scum that remain among us. But I agree, input from all persons will be crucial as the easiest thing for a scum to do at this point would be to lurk in the shadows and hide among our quieter members.

My what a great turn of events. I'm sorry to see that we lost Bergulf, but nabbing two servants since the start of yesterday is great progress! There can't be that many of them left.

Fantastic, two more down. :thumbup: Bergulf was indeed Artemis, so losing him is certainly unfortunate, but we are still doing quite well in my view.

There are a few things for us to assess today now we have confirmation of Hervi's scummy alignment. I think it should be an interesting and manly day.

Awww Yeah. Serial killer, now I actually WANT to be you, cuz you're a total badass!

It seems just a process of elimination now, there can only be one or perhaps two left, can there?

More from me later, I got a test to make. A vikingly test.

After Hervi's passionate speach at the end of yesterday, I was sure we had made the wrong choice, but color me pleasantly surprised! But why did Hervi go to such great lenghts to give us the "when you find me innocent tomorrow, do this" -speech? Did he expect people to change their votes in the last minute? Did he want to throw us off the tracks?

But there are perhaps two or three more Servants to go, so we have to keep our heads cold even though it years to celebrate our victorious night. With the Einherjar investigator gone, it will be that much harder to find the remaining few.

This is progress. Four scum in three days, but at the price of our investigator? Damn. And now the chances of finding that last scum are growing slimmer; s/he will no doubt try to hide knowing that the rest of his/her teammates have fallen.

This is progress. Four scum in three days, but at the price of our investigator? Damn. And now the chances of finding that last scum are growing slimmer; s/he will no doubt try to hide knowing that the rest of his/her teammates have fallen.

Really? It's unfortunate that the scum have nabbed some key Einherjar, but to get four of them this quickly bodes quite well for us. The chances of finding the scum aren't growing slimmer at all. Maybe if we were randomly picking out of a hat, but we're not. We have quite a bit of discussion surrounding Hervi that we can look back on. We have people who called out Sigmund previously. We have the voting pattern for Gerrid. That's quite a bit of information that we should be able to use to narrow down the rest of us to a handful of people.

Perhaps we can start by having you explain how you've been helping. For example, when the votes were being cast against Gerrid, your lack of contribution to the bandwagon came right at the point when the deciding 12th vote and the securing 13th vote would've helped seal his fate. Perhaps you were hoping that those votes would not come in?

Your vote for the now proven Einherjar Bergulf came at a point where it would make the vote 5 for Bergulf and 9 for Gerrid. You even used the excuse that 3 votes had come in while placing your vote, yet that would've still been 6 for Gerrid. The momentum had shifted yet you went against it in what now looks like an effort to split the vote. I called you on it then and I'll call you on it again now.

I'm glad to see we were right about Hervi. It's nice to see a dead scummy Sigmund too, but it's too bad that we had to lose our investigator. I'm confident we can defeat the Servants of Loki the good old way, by wrapping them up in their own web of lies, though.

And in other news I was speaking to Hephaestus. He was blocked last night. But then, Hervi knew about him too. Hopefully the scum blocker is now dead.

If this is the same Hephaestus Hervi was talking about and if it's true that he hands out ascetic modifiers(?) at night and Hervi knew about this, what were the Servants of Loki afraid of? How could Hephaestus thwart their plans for last night by making someone unblockable (assuming that that's what the ascetic does)?

But I agree, input from all persons will be crucial as the easiest thing for a scum to do at this point would be to lurk in the shadows and hide among our quieter members.

While you weren't lurking in the shadows yesterday morning, you were quick to point out we should look at Day Two's voting record. Even after I suggested that the meatshield theory, which Dragmall brought forward more explicitly later, could hold some weight, you insist on looking at the Day Two votes. Moreover you seem to credit Hervi with getting Gerrid lynched even though it were Finn and the late Gofraid who led the vote against Gerrid. Hervi didn't vote for Gerrid right away after unvoting Dragmall. However, when he woke up from his nap, he realised it would either be Artemis or Gerrid. You said yesterday that you didn't understand why Hervi, if he were scum - which we now know he was - would keep Artemis (the investigator) alive over Gofraid (the vigilante). As I already said yesterday, Gofraid is a smart warrior and would figure Hervi out eventually. But why would Hervi want to keep Artemis alive on Day Two then? The events of Night Two suggest that he was trying to get Artemis to confirm him as Einherjar. Coupled with helping to lynch Gerrid, he had hoped Day Two and Night Two would establish him as the Einherjariest of Einherjar.

After Hervi's passionate speach at the end of yesterday, I was sure we had made the wrong choice, but color me pleasantly surprised! But why did Hervi go to such great lenghts to give us the "when you find me innocent tomorrow, do this" -speech? Did he expect people to change their votes in the last minute? Did he want to throw us off the tracks?

That he initially didn't come forward with his suspicions about who the Servants of Loki were that were 'setting him up' led me to believe we were right by lynching him yesterday. He's probably just trying to confuse us with his final breath, but there it's likely there is some truth in the information Hervi brought forward, as Cranebeinn seems to confirms the existence of Hephaestus. One thing that stood out to me was that Hervi was pretty concrete about what Juno was doing on Night Two and even told us that he thought Juno was a protector. He also claims knowing about a watcher. I think Hervi might be worried that Juno was seen targeting Artemis on Night Two. It's entirely possible Juno was not protecting Artemis but rather was framing him. That way, when Artemis would compare himself to Hervi, they'd both show up as Servants of Loki and Artemis would be led to think Hervi was Einherjar. I think there's a good chance Juno is the Servants' framer.

Just one remaining, huh? Do you know something we don't?

How about bringing forward the PR's that Hervi knew about. The remaining scum know/knows about them, anyway, and it can help not wasting our effords on these people, or perhaps help nail them. Keep in mind it's a distinct possibility more than one scum existed in Hervi's group of scummy gods.

Something stood out to me from yesterday, namely Beorn's behaviour. To me it seemed like he was annoyed with me. The only logical reason I can think of for that would be that he was annoyed because we were lynching his buddy. I think it's very possible Hervi vented his frustration among his buddies, and that caused him to turn angry with me as well.

Look at this post:

snapback.pngScubacarrot, on 21 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Canute, Sigmund and Beorn. May I kindly ask what you think about the events of the whole ordeal?

Hi. No, you may not kindly ask my thoughts on the matter, however you may angrily ask them. I've already made my thoughts and visions of today quite clear when I voted for Hervi. I'm a very simple person and when people bring confusing things into the ordeal like plays and acronyms, I get very confused and end up having to read the day thread many times over and that makes me sad.

That being said, I'm not only voting him out because of my lack of comprehension. I'm also voting him out based on the reasons everyone else has already stated and thus I haven't a reason to restate them.

snapback.pngSisco, on 21 October 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Well, I woul' jus' like teh bring forward tha' I not be of a speakin' mind; I've not been blessed wi' teh powers of speech tha' some 'o my companions 'ere 'ave been. Tha' bein' said, I have been payin' attention teh the events of teh day, and teh case agains' Hervi seems mos' convincin'. So's I'll be placin' my vote fer:

What? *huh* Oh, you can't speak good/right. That's fine, none of us here are supposed too.

That would be fine, if it were not that his earlier other post, where he said he laid out his reasons very clearly, is this:

Vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

I've been reading through the discussions today and I believe this is the most sound option available. At any rate, I doubt that Snotra is a serial killer, however we have seen evidence of a serial killer existing.

Wait. So the reasons you clearly laid out is that he's been reading through the discussions and found it the most sound option? To me it seems like he's slipping under the radar. Lack of comprehension is a great tool for avoiding participation, I'd say. Furthermore, he interacts with almost no one, and then makes a joke post with someone that's found out to be a scum? Yeah that's not suspicious at all.

Beorn, I'll be frank, I think you are very suspicious, and would love some serious and original input from you. I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

If this is the same Hephaestus Hervi was talking about and if it's true that he hands out ascetic modifiers(?) at night and Hervi knew about this, what were the Servants of Loki afraid of? How could Hephaestus thwart their plans for last night by making someone unblockable (assuming that that's what the ascetic does)?

I believe Hephaestus is an inventor, from what he's said. Which is an difficult role to fake.

And Ascetic (immune to all night roles) is one of a handful of possible inventions.

He says his night action was "unsuccessful". Presumably he was blocked, but possibly not.

As for who is a servant of Loki, nothing leaps out of things Hervi PM'd me.

Other than Petrus is likely town.

Whether that's him being honest, or trying to guide me into the arms of the last Lokite, I don't know...

Beorn, I'll be frank, I think you are very suspicious, and would love some serious and original input from you. I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm not sure why you'd think I was annoyed with you. Rereading that post I don't see any signs of me being annoyed. I started out with a humorous opening, continued with my thoughts, and then closed with how I still could not understand Sigmund. I'm sorry if you thought I was annoyed with you, I'm not. And, no, I'm also not flying under the radar; I happen to be talking to people privately as well. Just because I'm not talking with you doesn't mean I'm not talking to other people.

That being said, what original input can I come up with? Should I make things up? Everything has already been said and there's not much else that I can provide to the conversation.

Oh sorry, I misinterpretated the joke then. :blush:

I don't think it's true you can't add anything, Beorn. I haven't seen an original thought from you on any of the days. Your style seems to be to show up to say something about the events of the night, and then to show up again when voting has begin, and you've gone for the popular vote every time. Not a bad thing, two out of three have been scum, after all. But it does not do anything to steer you in the clear.

If you've been talking to people in private, which is good, I encourage everyone to do it, if scum don't slip in thread, they might in private, you might give us some insights? Are/Were any of the people you're talking or were talking to scum? Did you talk to any of the deceased and did they have any worthwhile thoughts. The problem is, Beorn, you look to be flying under the radar to me, along with some others. I deliberately chose you to ask things first because you seemed the most suspicious, and you still do.

I believe Hephaestus is an inventor, from what he's said. Which is an difficult role to fake.

And Ascetic (immune to all night roles) is one of a handful of possible inventions.

He says his night action was "unsuccessful". Presumably he was blocked, but possibly not.

As for who is a servant of Loki, nothing leaps out of things Hervi PM'd me.

Other than Petrus is likely town.

Whether that's him being honest, or trying to guide me into the arms of the last Lokite, I don't know...

So if the inventor was blocked who blocked him? Is anyone in contact with this Mercury fellow that Hervi mentioned? If Mercury knew the identitiy of Hephaestus, I can't see a fellow townie blocking another townie.

Oh sorry, I misinterpretated the joke then. :blush:

I don't think it's true you can't add anything, Beorn. I haven't seen an original thought from you on any of the days. Your style seems to be to show up to say something about the events of the night, and then to show up again when voting has begin, and you've gone for the popular vote every time. Not a bad thing, two out of three have been scum, after all. But it does not do anything to steer you in the clear.

If you've been talking to people in private, which is good, I encourage everyone to do it, if scum don't slip in thread, they might in private, you might give us some insights? Are/Were any of the people you're talking or were talking to scum? Did you talk to any of the deceased and did they have any worthwhile thoughts. The problem is, Beorn, you look to be flying under the radar to me, along with some others. I deliberately chose you to ask things first because you seemed the most suspicious, and you still do.

I'm one of the few that didn't talk to Hervi because quite frankly I didn't trust him, but I didn't talk to any of the other scum. I'm not sure what else you'd like me to say. Most of my suspects have turned out to be loyalists so it's obvious that my intuition is off.

I'm one of the few that didn't talk to Hervi because quite frankly I didn't trust him, but I didn't talk to any of the other scum. I'm not sure what else you'd like me to say. Most of my suspects have turned out to be loyalists so it's obvious that my intuition is off.

Wait a minute... most of your suspects have turned out to be Einherjar? The only Einherjar you actually voted for was Danr. Perhaps you can tell us who you suspect now.

First off, unlike Stemid, I'm completely unsurprised Hervi was scummy scum scum, considering I've been saying that in private and public since day one. I'm very relieved we lynched him, especially after day two when it looked like it might not happen, and he'd squirm and charm his way out of it. But he's dead, yay!

Another big 'well done' to the broadsword killer, fantastic work, just fantastic. :wub:

I'm also unfortunately unsurprised that Bergulf was both killed and came up town. I was saying yesterday he was scummy, but in private towards the end of yesterday I shared my theory that he was town and was kept alive to be manipulated by Hervi and co. My theory centred around the wooziness and his mode of investigation. It would make sense for Hervi, acting as the kindly mentor, to coach Bergulf (I still believe that happened, not that it matters). Bergulf's mode of investigation speaks of a framer, and so many other people have mentioned it that the possibility of framing isn't new. All Hervi had to do was keep Bergulf alive and keep framing Bergulf and he'd get opposite results, Hervi just didn't count on the wooziness side effect of framing. Anyway, sorry Bergulf, but I believed you were town after all before you died. We should, however, have enough to work with without an investigator, and we are doing incredibly well to have rid ourselves of four scum so quickly.

Well, it seems like an open secret, and there isno harm in saying it now. Bergulf was Artemis, the town investigator.

Indeed that was one of Hervi's leaks yesterday that I alluded to. He said in the thread how Rurick and I had been going on about Artemis's playstyle. I didn't remember once bringing up the playing style of Artemis, however I had commented a lot about Bergulf's playing style.

...Although this does disprove my theory about the serial killer working with them. :blush:

Actually, that was my theory. Fourth paragraph here.

It now seems like Hervi was tailored, and Hervi did well in his control of Bergulf.

Why do you think Hervi was tailored and not that Bergulf was framed? Surely framing Bergulf would be the most efficient thing to do, as then he'd get opposite results no matter who he investigated? And it's considerably more common to have a framer than a tailor.

Even after I suggested that the meatshield theory, which Dragmall brought forward more explicitly later, could hold some weight, you insist on looking at the Day Two votes.

The part of your speech that Wary quoted in that link actually suggested you were looking for confirmation of Hervi's towniness from Artemis, and had nothing to do with any meatshield theory of Dragmall's.

The events of Night Two suggest that he was trying to get Artemis to confirm him as Einherjar. Coupled with helping to lynch Gerrid, he had hoped Day Two and Night Two would establish him as the Einherjariest of Einherjar.

And as I said, it rather looked like you were pushing Bergulf to come forward to say that he was.

I think Hervi might be worried that Juno was seen targeting Artemis on Night Two. It's entirely possible Juno was not protecting Artemis but rather was framing him. That way, when Artemis would compare himself to Hervi, they'd both show up as Servants of Loki and Artemis would be led to think Hervi was Einherjar. I think there's a good chance Juno is the Servants' framer.

This was the theory (about framing, not about Juno) I first outlined to you in private, and when I see you post it, it rather makes me think I was right. Is Hervi still worried?

How about bringing forward the PR's that Hervi knew about. The remaining scum know/knows about them, anyway, and it can help not wasting our effords on these people, or perhaps help nail them. Keep in mind it's a distinct possibility more than one scum existed in Hervi's group of scummy gods.

This is the most sensible thing I've heard so far. There is surely no issue in identifying exactly what the scum knew?

I still can't believe how much information an unconfirmed member of our group seemingly managed to amass from so many people, so let's have it helping the town now, not just the scum.

So if the inventor was blocked who blocked him? Is anyone in contact with this Mercury fellow that Hervi mentioned? If Mercury knew the identitiy of Hephaestus, I can't see a fellow townie blocking another townie.

Did we somehow establish yet that Hephaestus is Einherjar? You seem to suggest he is.

The part of your speech that Wary quoted in that link actually suggested you were looking for confirmation of Hervi's towniness from Artemis, and had nothing to do with any meatshield theory of Dragmall's.

I can see how you can read that sentence like that in retrospect, but at the start of Day Three no one knew of the protector feeling woozy after protecting you on Night One and Bergulf feeling woozy after investigating Hervi (by comparing him to himself) on Night Two. I made that statement, expecting Hervi would come forward and tell us that Artemis had been unsuccessful again. Besides, when I spoke first on Day Three, I also replied to Stemid and suggested the meatshield theory, and I replied to Canute and suggested Hervi knew or feared what Gofraid was up to and decided to block and kill him. So, I don't see how I was trying to establish Hervi as Einherjar with that post.

This was the theory (about framing, not about Juno) I first outlined to you in private, and when I see you post it, it rather makes me think I was right. Is Hervi still worried?

Indeed, I'm sorry for not crediting you with it. I somehow thought the framing theory was already out in the open. I also shared my theory about Juno possibly being a scum framer with you in private after Hervi spoke his last words yesterday. I was just trying to say that Hervi might well have been trying to protect Juno by providing him with an alibi for targeting Bergulf on Night Two.

Wait. So we have this "protector" who apparantly felt woozy one time. And then there is this Juno. Who may or may not be a protector. Are they the same person? Or what?