Sariel

The Unofficial LEGO ® Technic Builder’s Guide by Sariel available f

Really thats very useful mate!

:thumbup:

The discount is for all Lego books and the free ePub is included with every printed book.

Just preordered the eBook version, to be sure I got the 40% discount. Less than $15, it's a bargain :sweet:

The confirmation mail included the download links. Obviously the files are not on the server yet. Too bad, I had my hopes up for a few seconds.

Whad'ya know, after logging in the PDF and ePub ARE available!! Whoohoo :wub_drool:

Edited by Gekke Ted

I was about to order it however p&p is nearly as much as the book at $17 to the UK :(

Any brilliant deals for Amazon?

I was about to order it however p&p is nearly as much as the book at $17 to the UK :(

Any brilliant deals for Amazon?

As far as I can see, no brilliant deals. And you have to wait till November 30th. Good luck mate :wink:

I just got this e-mail from No Starch Press (from whom I pre-ordered my print and eBook copies months ago):

"Hey Technic fans,

I'm emailing to let you know that The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder's Guide is now in stock, and we will soon be processing and shipping your pre-ordered copy of the book. A tracking number will appear in the order record on your account page on nostarch.com within the next day or two. In the meantime, we put the ebook versions in your account; you can download this file by logging in at nostarch.com, clicking "My account" in the left sidebar, and then by clicking "Files" at the top of the page.

We hope you enjoy the book! Just let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your order.

Best,

Seph Kramer

No Starch Press

help@nostarch.com

800.420.7240"

That;s right the 40% discount is now available.

Also, here's a little promotional video for the book:

Pre-Ordered at Amazon ... though I have to wait. Shipping this book to Germany would be too expensive.

I cancelled my Amazon preorder (est. shipping date Dec. 5th.) and placed an order at NoStarch with the free eBook offer. Downloaded the eBook right away and now waiting anxiously for the print edition. Price after discounts with shipping round about 27€. I hope i'll find some time this weekend to read a bit...

I already purchased only the digital version (I live in Italy, so shipping expenses should have doubled the price!) at NoStarch, but still didn't receive the download link...

Anyone else, by ordering the sole ebook, did receive it, already?

I already purchased only the digital version (I live in Italy, so shipping expenses should have doubled the price!) at NoStarch, but still didn't receive the download link...

Anyone else, by ordering the sole ebook, did receive it, already?

I have ordered the eBook and received the links right away. Read some of my recent posts (on the previous page) in this topic :wink:

Edited by Gekke Ted

I have ordered the eBook and received the links right away. Read some of my recent posts (on the previous page) in this topic :wink:

OK, sorry, I didn't realize you ordered the eBook version... :cry_happy:

I already received my order receipt, by email, as soon as I completed payment through Paypal, but there was no link to the files, in it, nor there is any related download available in my account page, on their site... :sad:

Maybe I'm only too much eager to read it!

OK, sorry, I didn't realize you ordered the eBook version... :cry_happy:

I already received my order receipt, by email, as soon as I completed payment through Paypal, but there was no link to the files, in it, nor there is any related download available in my account page, on their site... :sad:

Maybe I'm only too much eager to read it!

No problem :sweet:

I wasn't expecting download links right away, because I figured I was pre-ordering. Obviously I was pleasantly surprised to see the download links working, after I logged on.

You haven't received account details, like:

Thank you for registering at No Starch Press. You may now log in to https://nostarch.com/user using the following username:

username:

I have received three emails, with order confirmation, account details and download link. Did you check your spam folder?

No problem :sweet:

I wasn't expecting download links right away, because I figured I was pre-ordering. Obviously I was pleasantly surprised to see the download links working, after I logged on.

You haven't received account details, like:

Thank you for registering at No Starch Press. You may now log in to https://nostarch.com/user using the following username:

username:

I have received three emails, with order confirmation, account details and download link. Did you check your spam folder?

I received three as well...

but they where one for order confirmation one with accont details and a last one, again with account details but with a blank name (probably a server mistake...).

No download link in the emails and no download links in my "download" section on the site...

The download links in the email didn't work, so that's no problem. The actual problem is the blank username. That's possibly why you didn't receive the download link in the first place.

Probably best to call or mail them and explain the username issue. Should be fixed easily, I reckon.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Best course of action is probably to contact them at help@nostarch.com

Edited by Sariel

Thanks Ted and.... Sariel!

I already sent them an email, hope they'll answer soon...

I really look forward to read your book, I'm a big fan of yours!

I'll update my post as I'll receive a feedback from NoStarch.

Bah.. I pre-ordered *weeks* ago.. and NOW they have a discount sale?? :sceptic:

ahh well.. I guess you're worth full price, Sariel :wink:

Downloaded the PDF last night and had a skim... whoa... talk about text-dense!! going to be a great read when the print edition arrives!

Really like how you made different versions of various mechanisms for studded, studless.. and old/older/new parts (eg: the 3 different diffs!)

great work!

RB

I'm glad you like it. It's really important to me that you find the book up to your expectations :)