Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Heroica RPG - Quest #49: The Light That Reveals Everything

Cronk will heal self. That was good fight, indeed. It is good to be challenged to test one's limits.

Do not forget to keep up Helmer's end of the bargain, Sir Helmer. Cronk would be happy to say a few words after the remains are interred.

Haldor claps Cronk on the back cheerfully, as they walked back toward the buildings.

"You sure showed him, mate, funny how he seems to act so much more courteous once you've proven that you're more than a match to any like his lot. We should go and take a rest and a long draught of ale, you've earned it."

Cronk heals himslef back up to full health at the cost of 1 ether and the party decides to go to the Dining hall for supper.

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk
(Played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 24 1/3 Paladin
*Blessed*

Power
: 44

Defense:

Health:
44/44

Ether:
26/27

Gold:

Equipment:
Twin Broadswords (WP:20, user can attacks 2 enemies in the same turn, user is unable to use a shield), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory:
Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12,
Light
), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 8), Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Blacksmith Writ, Bedroll, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Greenskin heads on stakes

Passing through the Sanctuary the heroes meet the siblings, priestess Mandrea and Sir Mandric, and two dark blue dressed novices.

8106961746_c0a2fb1fb9_z.jpg

8083324308_371e259ed8_t.jpg

"Hello messengers! How are you doing? Have you had time to admire this sanctuary of Ennoc? I think it's almost as nice as the Temple in Eubric."

Cronk is sorry, Haldor, but Cronk does not drink any more. But Cronk has bigger problem at moment. Apparently, Cronk was not specific enough in wager with trainer about which combatant was to do the actual interring of Orc remains. Cronk needs to learn to specify more.

Hello, Priestess Mandrea and Sir Mandric. Cronk hates to be a bother, but Cronk has some remains that need a respectful burial. Is there somewhere that Cronk can inter them here? If not, are there appropriate containers available for Cronk to purchase in which to carry them for now?

8083324750_0c25bbc351_t.jpg

"Did you have to bring them in here in the Sacntuary? There is a graveyard on the northern side of the convent. I'll take you there now if you promise to be quick about the burial, we don't want to miss supper, right?"

The party follows priestess Mandrea to the graveyard.

8108328769_bd3cdf0d80.jpg

"Well, lets get to it then. You do have shovels, right?"

Alexis studies the gravestones:

In memory of

Behomund of Toranti

Paladin of Ennoc

In memory of

Praymond of Foulouse

Paladin of Ennoc

The Light guided him

In memory of

Arbun II

Priest of Ennoc

The Light wants it

In memory of

Borert of Landern

Paladin of Ennoc

In memory of

our beloved daughter

Halina Bright

Novice of Ennoc

"Sir Behomund and Sir Praymond fell during a failed attempt to retake the lost Kingdom of Ennon about a hundred years ago, these are not their real graves but just memorial stones to honor their bravery. Priest Arbun and Sir Borert were active members of our convent and died of old age, Sir Borert about 70 years ago and Arbun was my predecessor and died not yet 12 years ago. Poor Halina is a tragic story, she was a novice here in the end of Arbun's lead. She tried to learn the ways of the cleric but she didn't have the talent for it. She tried too hard, eventually burnt herself out and decided to take her life in reaction to her failure. Her death really struck our convent hard and priest Arbun never really recovered."

Haldor looked on solemnly accross the graveyard, but he quickly snapped himself to his senses.

"Cronk, I could help, if you would like. And Priestess, I thank you for your kindness to me and my friends, it is welcome in such times where respectable people are few and far between. It saddens me to hear such tales of the death of children, ones so young should not have to go through things like this in their lives."

Cronk thanks Priestess Mandrea for taking Cronk to graveyard. And many thanks to friend Alexis for the use of the shovel and friend Haldor for help with digging.

After consulting with Mandrea about a suitable place in the graveyard, Cronk and Haldor dig hole deep and wide enough to inter remains. Cronk removes heads from stakes and placing a a cloth from Cronk's pack around them, places them in the hole. Then Cronk and Haldor refill the hole with dirt.

Let friends bow heads. May Ennoc watch over the souls of these beings along with whichever gods beings may have worshipped. May the Righteous Light ensure that no being forget the difference between revenge and true Justice. Or that a being's race is not all that being is.

Cronk does not know how these Orcs were killed. Nor does Cronk know what was in Orcs' hearts. But Cronk prays that Orcs may find peace in the afterlife that all beings deserve. In Ennoc's name, Amen.

Do Priestess Mandrea or friends want to say any words?

Can grave be marked "Grave of the Unknown Orcs" later. Cronk would be willing to cover expenses.

Haldor bowed his head in respect.

"There was something that we used to say, when the elders would light the funeral pyre of one who had died a noble death: 'May your soul sing of honour and glory, guided up by the very flames that Torrik forged our mortals body from, forever in the green pastures and cooling snows of Wartan's kingdom'. I don't suppose that this has much relevance now, but it is all that I know. I just hope it was quick for these people, no man deserves to be treated this way, who ever they were in life."

Haldor stood in silence for a moment, gazing into the upturned earth. After the job had been done and the vows said, the Nord raised his head and spoke. "Now, it is done. We gave those orcs what they should have had long ago. But now we must go, the dinner is probably growing cold."

Cronk and Haldor dug a deep hole (the earth sounded a bit strange at the end), put the heads in the grave and covered it up. After Cronk and Haldor had said their words, priestess Mandrea put some white flowers at the grave.

"I think this will be a good resting place for them. I'll take care of the marking of the grave, don't you worry Cronk.

But now we really have to go and eat, all the others are waiting for us."

The heroes followed Mandrea quickly back through the Sanctuary and the south-east corridor to get to the Dining Hall.

8113292880_d7d53ff8ed_z.jpg

"Please take a seat here and I'll introduce you to the rest of the staff."

"This is Sir Helmer, our training master. He is our newest member here at the convent."

"Here we have Jorke, our cleric. He teaches healing and potion brewing to our novices."

"Mr Ansar is our gardener. We are pretty self-sufficient here at the convent thanks to his green fingers."

"And back at the kitchen is our chef, Fat Mats."

8113293718_1ec7757d92_z.jpg

8083323518_6cc8766b90_t.jpg

"Finally! The food is probably ice cold and uneatable by now."

The heroes sit down for supper and may choose which persons to converse with.

Cronk is sorry, chef. Cronk thinks food smells delicious and is sure it will still be excellent.

Hello, Mr. Ansar. Cronk's name is Cronk. Cronk has noticed all the flowers. Very pretty. Has Ansar always been gardener? Cronk thinks it would be nice to have quiet work to do sometimes. Cronk has no luck with plants, though, despite Cronk's green thumb. :laugh:

Cronk is sorry, chef. Cronk thinks food smells delicious and is sure it will still be excellent.

Hello, Mr. Ansar. Cronk's name is Cronk. Cronk has noticed all the flowers. Very pretty. Has Ansar always been gardener? Cronk thinks it would be nice to have quiet work to do sometimes. Cronk has no luck with plants, though, despite Cronk's green thumb. :laugh:

8116137518_278d5df846_t.jpg

"Hello Cronk. Thanks for noticing the flowers, I mostly tend to the various vegetables and fruits in our garden but whenever I have the time I like to spend it with my flowers. No, I haven't always been a gardener, in my young days I was actually an up-and-coming mage. But I never liked dealing with magic and thanks to a powerful witch I got my source of ether removed and since then I have lived as a common man. I prefer to watch the nature's own magic instead of trying to interfere with it."

"Hello again Sir Helmer, how much in the way of combat, does a Paladin actually learn?"

8116137756_35f9f3f8b9_t.jpg

"It depends on which part of the Order you are serving in. As a member of the 1st Battalion of Light and Justice I've gotten quite an extensive training, mostly focused on discipline and how to fight with the rest of the battalion as one unit. Man-to-man combat is more rare so it was a good opportunity to test my skills against your greenskin friend, I hope I get to meet you in the ring as well, my lady."

"It depends on which part of the Order you are serving in. As a member of the 1st Battalion of Light and Justice I've gotten quite an extensive training, mostly focused on discipline and how to fight with the rest of the battalion as one unit. Man-to-man combat is more rare so it was a good opportunity to test my skills against your greenskin friend, I hope I get to meet you in the ring as well, my lady."

"Most interesting. Mostly us heroes don't have much formal training. I'm looking forward to facing you myself." Alexis, thinks for a moment before asking. "I heard you were the newest member, where did you come from?"

"I came from the 1st Battalion just recently. We've been around on a lot of places lately to ensure the security of Ennoc's followers and restore justice in lawless lands. Now I'm serving my time as instructor, something everyone in the Order must do at least once. I'm not that fond of it to be honest, but some persons seem to rather like it." Sir Helmer nudges Jorke the cleric in the side.

"Anyway, I'm from Eubric originally. I miss the bustling city life sometimes."

That is a wonderful outlook on life, Mr Ansar. Sounds very peaceful to Cronk.

Cronk has never heard of beings having ether removed. Sound painful. How would witch do such a thing?

"I came from the 1st Battalion just recently. We've been around on a lot of places lately to ensure the security of Ennoc's followers and restore justice in lawless lands. Now I'm serving my time as instructor, something everyone in the Order must do at least once. I'm not that fond of it to be honest, but some persons seem to rather like it." Sir Helmer nudges Jorke the cleric in the side.

"Anyway, I'm from Eubric originally. I miss the bustling city life sometimes."

"Ah yes Eubric, quite the city isn't it? What else does the order do?"

8116137518_278d5df846_t.jpg

"I'm not sure myself how it was done, but it involved much chanting and disgusting brews. I'm afraid I was not conscious at all time so I can't explain it all. It was painful indeed, but more so for the mind than the body, the constant feeling that something is missing can drive a man crazy. But I found peace in my gardening."

"All the temples are constantly providing guidance for the people and much work also goes in our investments in land throughout the world. These schools for future clerics is of course also an important part of the Order."

"Most interesting, Sir Helmer. Do you know what sort of training the initiates go through when they first join?"

Haldor took a deep swig of his mug, and leant accross the table to face the Order's cleric.

"Hail, Jorke. I am terribly sorry that we got off on the wrong foot earlier, I don't know what on earth came over me then. I'd hate to have offended you, sir, you do good work for the people here and in the surrounding area. Me? I'm just a bitter man growing old and not being able to do anything about it. My apologies again for my apalling behaviour in your study, Jorke."

With that off his chest, Haldor continued the conversation.

"So, how did you come to join the order, and wind up a cleric in this lovely old place? You must have seen many great sights and been on a number of adventures in your time with the Paladins,"

That sounds like very evil witch, Ansar. Has witch been, um, taken care of or does the witch still need bashing?

Cronk is glad that Mr. Ansar is at peace.