Ondra

Lego technic challenge 2012

You can submit more than one entry. I like the Quad Bike idea, but is there one in real life with 4-wheel steering?

It's looks too me that this whas a idee from JunkstyleGio a couple off weeks ago, but you get it well done.

BTW how many body's can you send in at the challenge, i thought it whas only one, but you have upload already 2 ?????

I am, sorry I did not know he would like to participate with a quad bike. No problem to withdraw this entry, if he really meant to participate with that.

Gallery allows you to upload multiple entries, but I presume that for the final 10 jury will be more strict and it is very unlikely that somebody will have there more than 1 entry.

EDIT: I have just found out that DLuders also posted a quad bike picture in one of his post, so please, let me know if any of you would like to participate with a such quad bike.

You can submit more than one entry. I like the Quad Bike idea, but is there one in real life with 4-wheel steering?

I don't think there is 4-wheel steering quad bike in real life. But I would not see this 4-steering as a very big problem, since most of the entries propose a vehicles which do not have 4-wheel steering (landrover, tracker, monster trucks...). It quite hard to find a vehicle with a 4-wheel steering in real life. As far as I know usually only very specific working machines have that.

Edited by hrontos

EDIT: I have just found out that DLuders also posted a quad bike picture in one of his post, so please, let me know if any of you would like to participate with a such quad bike.

The picture of the Quad Bike that I posted was just to spur the ideas and imagination of other AFOLs (like you). I had no intention of submitting a Quad Bike entry myself. My entry idea (if I can pull it off) looks like nothing that has been submitted so far.... :look:

My entry is done =)

Unfortunately I can`t get any LEGO rendering programm to work on my laptop.

Would anyone be so nice and render one or two pics for me ?

http://www.file-uplo..._base1.lxf.html

Regards

marv

Yes, I can run the render. Just position your model into desired position in LDD and specify resolution. Aspect ratio of the image has to be the same as aspect ratio of your screen. I will use only LDD level of detail, since full details would take quite long. For lighting I will use some HDR image (interior).

Edited by hrontos

@ MarkusOSX: Our Lego Technic Ambassador is Jetro (Jetro de Chateau from SeTechnic in France).

I am indeed, though I'm not from SeTechnic but from TechnicBRICKs (and HispaBrick Magazine) - The French surname probably put you on the wrong track (but I'm not French either :D)

*snip*

My entry is done =)

Unfortunately I can`t get any LEGO rendering programm to work on my laptop.

Would anyone be so nice and render one or two pics for me ?

http://www.file-uplo..._base1.lxf.html

Regards

marv

It's a great entry, but sadly against the rules, as it is pretty obviously a Unimog, and your entry can not be a real vehicle.

Yes, I can run the render. Just position your model into desired position in LDD and specify resolution. Aspect ratio of the image has to be the same as aspect ratio of your screen. I will use only LDD level of detail, since full details would take quite long. For lighting I will use some HDR image (interior).

That would be really great. Thank you hrontos!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-6725617/Models.rar.html

This .rar file contains the two positions in LDD. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. But for the render something like 1024 x 768 would be ok.

It's a great entry, but sadly against the rules, as it is pretty obviously a Unimog, and your entry can not be a real vehicle.

I admit that it looks somehow like an unimog. But I built it just from my imagination. I think it differs from the real unimog in enough aspects to be a valid entry. For example the bonnet is more round and the cabin not as high...

I would like to share with you recent version of the quad bike.

I would like to thank JunkstyleGio for this improved color scheme and his help with the footsteps (he made next version of the footsteps in the mean time, but I do not have renders yet). One antenna also will be removed and signal light on the end of antenna will be smaller (probably a 1x1 cone). Rear lights will be placed on the top of the rubber mud guards, bottom yellow tile with stripes will be removed, rear singal lights will be different.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_6.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_2.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_3.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_4.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_5.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_crawler.png

I just noticed I used two different blue colors. Which one is better?

Edited by hrontos

I just noticed I used two different blue colors. Which one is better?

The darker blue is better, since the light "Baby Blue" is not "macho" enough for a Quad Bike!

Edited by DLuders

This is by far the greatest entry (so far)! Simply as it changes the vehicle completely. And these renders are great as well. Hopefully it has enough time to win. ;)

All the other entries from this forum are great in my eyes too. While I am not so familiar with the body, efferman chose, I think it is very well executed and would be a great set for parts. The double faced truck is a great idea as well, and the shark monster truck has a magnificant design. I like the designs of MarcusOX a lot. @all: Very well done!

Am I the only one, who finds the voting system odd? The fact that you could vote from day one favors early submissions. They could hunt for votes earlier. (esp. from kids who do not look often). Maybe better builds come later and they have to do a lot more work, getting votes. :sceptic:

Am I the only one, who finds the voting system odd? The fact that you could vote from day one favors early submissions. They could hunt for votes earlier. (esp. from kids who do not look often). Maybe better builds come later and they have to do a lot more work, getting votes. :sceptic:

I think they will not take these votes into account. They do not have other gallery implementation (without voting) or may be it is a kind of test. Or they take these votes as some clue what fans like. But real voting will start only after jury selects those 10 final models. But I may be completely wrong.

The darker blue is better, since the light "Baby Blue" is not "macho" enough for a Quad Bike!

Thank you, I also find the darker blue nicer in combination with the white. And more fits to police blue color. I presume they will add some stickers somewhere on the model, but it is good to have it colorfull also without stickers since many people do not like them.

Well, this would be okay. I had in mind, LEGO had said something like "hurry up, who comes first has the best chances".

Thats a grand idea and design! It would fit nicely to the superbike scale.

Thank you. I wonder how it would look like with your tracks (or may be some simplified/smaller version), since quad bikes use tracks for the winter.

I had in mind, LEGO had said something like "hurry up, who comes first has the best chances".

I think this is true in that sense, that the later is creation submitted, the more likely the submission will look like something already submitted and somebody will complain.

Does anyone have a LDD file from the chassis form the 9398 ( link )? Because I don't have all the parts in the right color I need..

Does anyone have a LDD file from the chassis form the 9398 ( link )? Because I don't have all the parts in the right color I need..

Best Jovel,

i don't have the LDD file, but you can download the 9398 at the Lego site.

Thank you, I am glad you like it.

I updated pictures with the latest version in the original post. There is also side by side picture with original crawler - just for a size comparison.

LXF file you can find here. According to the LDD Manager, model is already buildable from existing parts (the only non-existing part is 3x3 T-Shape in blue color).

I would like to thank to JunkstyleGio for the final footsteps and other usefull hints.