Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

MOC: Wall & Street

Hello everyone,

finally more creations of mine after I moved into my new apartment with its nice big basement room – this time it's a completed section of a snotted street and the wall between it and the lakeshore:

8113032876_3a70198e8d_z.jpg

...wih my well-known houses in the back.

Note that "officially", the walls would be solid without the big openings. But I need them so I can reach the trains that will be parked on the hidden tracks behind the wall.

8113025917_a5d52421ec_z.jpg

Without cars:

8113031629_c12bc1be1f_z.jpg

Close-up with tram tracks:

8113040748_b270922915_z.jpg

"Officially", the tram line is to be imagined to enter from the right, turn right into the narrow street, take a loop around the block and re-enter from the left, then exit to the right. However, since I'll try to make a motorized tram, I want it to drive just the loop around the buildings – hence this curve.

I forgot to print the bike sign on the road and the parking ticket machine for the other photos, so here they are only on this one:

8113045198_b923041a1b_z.jpg

I actually tried to make a mosaic with bricks (tiles, cheese slopes) for the bike sign, but didn't manage to build one at that size that also looks good, so here's a printed sticker only...

Close-ups of wall and shore – I'm wondering if I made it a bit too old-looking...

8113036274_204f30f23d_n.jpg 8113036774_ea47bb5f82_n.jpg

There are some statues: Freddie Mercury, an exotic queen and a mirror-like droid:

8113028297_8957405257_n.jpg 8113037944_2d67a0b6b9_n.jpg 8113038366_20e2641381_n.jpg

Also a piper whose music isn't loved by everyone, and a strange procession:

8113037544_ed63179279_n.jpg 8113039028_1b18075814_n.jpg

Now what are these guys doing there? That's what the reporter's asking, too, so let's listen in:

"So who are you guys?"

"We're the local FOOLOO cult – that's Followers Of One Long Orange Object."

"I see. And why are you worshipping this... thing?"

"Well, erm, it's long, it's orange..." – worshippers murmur "ooooraaaaange" – "...and it comes from the God of Separation. We worship him this way in order to ask him to separate what we want to be separated, and to keep together what we want to remain together. Do you want to join?"

"Erm, no, thanks..."

And a look at the entire room:

8113043684_a936259681_z.jpg

On Flickr, there are more photos, including the backside of the wall, the underside of the road, and from setting up the tables.

Comments, suggestions, ...? :)

Edited by cimddwc

Love it! Can't wait to see the tram going down that street, and for functional/unofficial holes in the wall they sure look good!

That is one awesome room, good to see you still have daylight in the basement too!

That looks great cimddwc! Loads to look at! I like the little scenes along the sidewalk. Are you working to join all the parts of your layout? Keep up the great work :classic:

The wall and the streetscape look great. I particularly like the details you've included, such as the fisherman, computer guy and couple at the base of the wall.

That room is impressive (insert green jealousy emoticon here).

Euh, I don't know how to be constructive and bring a useful comment.... I am moving place at the moment and plan to have my new basement to be dedicated to our common passion, but gee, it will never, ever, look like what you have been / are building, in a near or mid-term future!!!

As Tiger uses to say: just "brick on" and make some of us dream!

Alright, one suggestion, I'd like to see more "brick" bricks on the wall, that's my only possible contribution.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I'll follow up the future updates with great pleasure!

Genius, pure genius 'cimddwc '. :sweet:

Wonderful scenery, AWESOME work on the SNOT roadway and how it all fits together.....perfection indeed.. :grin_wub:

Brick On 'cimddwc' ! :wink:

Thanks!

Are you working to join all the parts of your layout? Keep up the great work :classic:

Yes, that will all be connected one day. See the plans I posted earlier this year here.

Alright, one suggestion, I'd like to see more "brick" bricks on the wall, that's my only possible contribution.

Well, I didn't want to use more dark tan brick bricks because they'd stand out too much in my opinion, and I don't have any spare ones in grey yet. Well, maybe on the next wall sections; I got that Monster Fighters vampire castle elsewhere that I might take apart after Halloween...

Oh my, that basement is a dream for most of us on this forum. First question I have is why are the Quidditch clad Hogwarts students bowing down to a brick separator? Haha...oh the randomness found in layouts these days. Everything is just brilliant, although I'm not a fan of the added floor to FB, just way to tall.

That is realy some layout you got there cimddwc. I can't wait until you show us the tram you are planning. The wall is incredable. The holes don't disturbe anything, the make it complete. Some collection of trains you got there. Thanks for showing us this.

First question I have is why are the Quidditch clad Hogwarts students bowing down to a brick separator?

Well, in my Lego world, the Harry Potter guys are just regular people, and these four were just lying around from a discounted Quidditch set...

That looks really great.

However, I wonder how a tram is supposed to take such curve *huh* Usually the tram curves are very large compared to car lanes curves

Oh my… this layout at the end will be really incredible, and you have a lot of space to add future official modulars and mocs!

Please, keep us updated!

Congratulations also for your huge and bright lego room!

Wow - an incredible build! I love the wall's texture, plus the SNOT road. It'll be interesting to see the final layout, but this by itself is awe-inspiring.

Thanks again!

However, I wonder how a tram is supposed to take such curve *huh* Usually the tram curves are very large compared to car lanes curves

Yes, this curve's a bit unrealistic; but the little unmotorized tram I have can be pushed through the curve thanks to its two fully-rotatable 2 axles.

The wall looks great, the texture is just right, and my favourite is the semi round part. Your layout and whole room look great.

Note that "officially", the walls would be solid without the big openings. But I need them so I can reach the trains that will be parked on the hidden tracks behind the wall.

Hey cimddwc,

Loving your layout; this is a really immersible layout.

Like I posted on Flickr, you could use hinges to close those big openings and use one of these as a handle. Those won't have any visual impact I think.

First, this is truly amazing on so many levels (size, details, creativity). This is great!

Secondly, have you thought about building a staircase from the street level to the beech? Whether wood, concrete, a spiral (least favorite idea), etc., I think it will add a little something more (not that it really needs it ...just a thought)

Last, I like Strikeman's idea for closing off the openings. I think that would work well.

Anyway, I am still speechless ...to one day have the space (and money!) to do this myself ...I can dream. Nice work!

Secondly, have you thought about building a staircase from the street level to the beech? Whether wood, concrete, a spiral (least favorite idea), etc., I think it will add a little something more (not that it really needs it ...just a thought)

Yes, there will be a staircase next on the left, straight down to the lower tables (to a promenade rather than a beach). And next to that a (rather steep) street joining lower and upper levels between the two upper tables.

Impressive layout, I like the style of the wall, and the road. :thumbup: Love all the neat buildings too!

This is a wonderful MOC there are so many things to see that I can't pick out just one that I like better than something else. I found that by zooming in really close I can see details the way you intended them to be seen. The photos are great, but they do not do the MOC justice or tell the whole story. To see all the details I know I will have to view this many more times.

Also envious of the display space you have available, it must be nice to have the space you have.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D