muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

I think the packets are made of Unobtanium. *huh*

Good one! :rofl: :rofl: Really though, I was hoping for purple too. . . :look:

Series 9 will be a silverish grey.

I suppose Silverish Grey is close to the Light Grey brick color. I add colored plates to my CMF bases that matches the series color and I hope LEGO doesn't throw out a series color that has no matching brick color or is hard to find. I heard a rumor that series 10 will be Gold, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do since I've already used Yellow.

img9989b.jpg

I suppose Silverish Grey is close to the Light Grey brick color. I add colored plates to my CMF bases that matches the series color and I hope LEGO doesn't throw out a series color that has no matching brick color or is hard to find. I heard a rumor that series 10 will be Gold, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do since I've already used Yellow.

Ok, you're kind of my hero now for that 'boarder positioning trick. Yeah, silver and gold seem to be the colors, which has me excited. I wasn't really thinking about it before, but 10 is a landmark and gold seems to signify that they know it/have something extra great planned :sweet:

Didn't LEGO already use silver?

And concerning the "series 10 has something special"-idea, maybe series 10 has the minifigures printed on the front, so you know which one you get. Or maybe there will be 32 instead of 16 minifigures.

Edited by DraikNova

I think after Series 10, they are going to start over, and start branding it to fit the upcoming CMF online game. They could stop the numbering and start doing themed CMF series, like a Space one, a Castle one, with each figure coming with a code for the online game. This will probably mean less figure per series, though.

Something about the gold makes me want to believe that Series 10 (the golden series) will have the minifigures that were really rare or wanted... But I guess we will just have to find out.

Thank you very much for this informtation! :classic:

In contrast to the majority here I really would welcome even some generic civilians in the CMF series. City does offer us an only very limited number of different civilian torsos. So some more variety would be great. Plus the caps used for the CMF look far better than the regular ones - with their more realisitic and detailed design and the printing on it.

Something about the gold makes me want to believe that Series 10 (the golden series) will have the minifigures that were really rare or wanted.

Well, I've thought that, too.

Besides I could well imagine - since series 9 will be silver and series 10 will be gold - that TLG will stop the CMF line after series 10. That would really be a shame. But I fear that this could be real.

Klaus-Dieter

In contrast to the majority here I really would welcome even some generic civilians in the CMF series. City does offer us an only very limited number of different civilian torsos. So some more variety would be great.

Klaus-Dieter

I agree with this too. A better range of civilian figures would be great. I have always wanted Lego to make a set of about 50 Civilian City figures each year, different than the ones before, with a range of ages or a different theme like Beach, Office, Summer, Snow, School, Music... I don't know why they don't as I am sure they would sell well as people would want to populate their cities. Or if they cannot do this, maybe with some accessories like trees, plants, different shaped doors and windows.

Looking at the past patterns (taken from Brickset news archive, so the dates could lag slightly), it's probably around a month and a half or a bit more before Series 9 hits the shelves somewhere around the world (Series 6 was first spotted on 15 Dec in the UK). The official release date is presumably sometime in January.

Series 8 was first found on the shelves around 16 Aug (official release date September), and we got the first pictures on 13 Jul, just about a month beforehand. The infamous Czech list of descriptions had been found a month before that, on 17 Jun. So compared to the last series, we are slightly "behind schedule" when it comes to the list, but not yet with the pictures.

. . .Well, I've thought that, too.

Besides I could well imagine - since series 9 will be silver and series 10 will be gold - that TLG will stop the CMF line after series 10. That would really be a shame. But I fear that this could be real.

Klaus-Dieter

I belive it's been confirmed that LEGO has at least 6 more series planned after S8. So it looks to me like they aren't stopping anytime soon! :wink:

When and where was that confirmed? *huh*

When Kevin Hinkle (I probably got the name wrong) told us stuff like Ninjago will just have one more wave, on the shelves through 2013, there will be a new theme that will make us wonder why it didn't end sooner, Freinds is going strong, etc. It was quite a while ago. :wink:

We have uncovered a list of the upcoming Series 9 Minifigures due to be released at the start of 2013.

There are currently no pictures other than a picture of the box, but it is likely some will be revealed soon enough.

This series will have silver packaging and have set number 71000.

• Alien Trooper
  • Chicken Suit Guy
  • Maid Marion
  • Heroic Knight
  • Cyclops
  • Mermaid
  • Fortune Teller
  • Dr. Splitz
  • Roller Derby Girl
  • Judge
  • Battle Mech
  • Caesar
  • Downtown Cop
  • Plumber
  • Waiter
  • Hollywood Starlet

Unlike previous series, this series appears to have many completely new minifigures, rather then just changed genders.

• Downtown Cop

Downtown Cop? Which Police Officer will be based on either London Cop, LAPD Cop or NYPD Cop?

Edited by JeagerEX

Dr. Splitz is from Captain Simian and the space monkeys. So that's a noooooooooo on this list. :thumbdown:

Downtown Cop? Which Police Officer will be based on either London Cop, LAPD Cop or NYPD Cop?

As we wouldn't use the term 'downtown' in the UK, I believe this is probably refering to a classic american city cop (peaked cap, truncheon).

As goes for most of this list, it sounds likes someones interpretations of what they've seen rather than an official list. As mentioned above Dr.Splitz is an existing character, as is Maid Marion (though probably in the public domain) and much likely to be 'Medieval Damsel/Princess' if it were to fit in with the current naming protocols (eg Ocean King instead of Poseidon/Neptune, Grandma Visitor instead of Little Red Riding Hood etc etc).