CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Latest TMNT episode:

Well the latest episode had Baxter Stockman in a giant robot suit of armor. He was all about revenge too. I'm wondering if that might be the rumored exclusive set. Baxter, Don and his giant suit of armor.

You could be on to something here BrickG

How the heck did they get that?

Well, I see another on sale (8 actually). From what I can tell this one is not exclusive and will be included as is in at least one set. So paying $50ish for it... seems kind of pointless. I'd rather wait a few months. Plus Mikey is my least favorite Turtle. ;p

Edited by BrickG

How the heck did they get that?

Well, I see another on sale (8 actually). From what I can tell this one is not exclusive and will be included as is in at least one set. So paying $50ish for it... seems kind of pointless. I'd rather wait a few months. Plus Mikey is my least favorite Turtle. ;p

Yeah, Mikey is my least favorite Turtle too. The figure looks silly. It doesn't give me the epic feeling that I should be getting from a TMNT figure.

It's an inch and a half high block figure. The source material is fairly simplistic. short of completely reinventing the minifigure I don't see how these could be any better.

Hmm...who is this "Block Party" seller? He also has a LoC bird fig. Wonder how he got his hands on these.

I'm still upset that Don and Mikey got shafted on real weapons. Looking at all the new molds in LoC, it's too bad they couldn't have spread more love around here. The weapons are almost as iconic as the identifying colors of each turtle. They should've at least given Don the same staff they gave Wu/Gandalf, that would've been way more accurate.

I watched the original TMNT movie the other night just because of the excitement for this line. It made me want an official Casey Jones figure from the new show (that is, if he appears on the show). It wouldn't require a new mold, just a printed hockey mask. Heck, don't they have a hockey stick and baseball bat from one of the collectible minifigure lines? That would be an epic figure. You are welcome, Lego.

Slightly off topic (don't kill me CM) but does anyone know when Nickelodeon' website airs the new episodes? I have been waiting for episode 4 to pop-up with bated breath. Or a suggestion for a safe site to watch them on? *end off-topic rant*

Huh... until I saw this, I hadn't realized that the shells were different. Some have a single belt going across them, others have a double belt. Neat detail.

I watched the original TMNT movie the other night just because of the excitement for this line. It made me want an official Casey Jones figure from the new show (that is, if he appears on the show).

Slightly off topic (don't kill me CM) but does anyone know when Nickelodeon' website airs the new episodes? I have been waiting for episode 4 to pop-up with bated breath. Or a suggestion for a safe site to watch them on? *end off-topic rant*

Casey Jones will 'debut' in season two of the show.

Technically 'Rise of the turtles' (The Kraang and Snakeweed) was episodes one and two back to back. 'Turtle temper' (Spider Bytez) was episode three, 'New friend, old enemy' (Shredder,Chris Bradford and Xever) was episode four. Which makes 'I think his name is Baxter Stockman' episode five. :sweet:

I don't know anywhere that has the episodes though :sad:

Thanks for the information Jargo. I had an idea of what the fourth episode was called, I just wasn't sure when the Nick website uploaded the new shows. Looks like they are two episodes behind. :cry_sad: But more on topic, that's exciting to know about Casey next season because it gives me hope for a set with him in it. Hopefully Lego will keep this license for the duration of the show, similar to what they are doing with Clone Wars. Can I ask where you found the information about Casey being included in season two?

Latest TMNT episode:

Well the latest episode had Baxter Stockman in a giant robot suit of armor. He was all about revenge too. I'm wondering if that might be the rumored exclusive set. Baxter, Don and his giant suit of armor.

Yeah, I think that's very likely. Hopefully it will be a cheap set.

I'm still upset that Don and Mikey got shafted on real weapons. Looking at all the new molds in LoC, it's too bad they couldn't have spread more love around here. The weapons are almost as iconic as the identifying colors of each turtle. They should've at least given Don the same staff they gave Wu/Gandalf, that would've been way more accurate.

While I'm not a big fan of their weapons either, I understand why they did it that way. In the new show, their weapons can convert to bladed versions. For example, Don's bo converts to a naginata (as you can see below), so I think whatever set(s) Donnie comes with will include some kind of blade that you can switch out for one of the short bars. It's a nice play feature which wouldn't be possible if he had a one-mold staff. But if it bothers you so much, you can always just use Wu's/Gandalf's staff for him instead. It's a very common piece.

gear-donnys-naginata.jpg?quality=0.75

Can I ask where you found the information about Casey being included in season two?

Wikipedia. At the bottom of the episode list. :) 26 episodes this season and 26 next season.

Edited by Jargo

Well those are half-prototypes. Lots of different/missing printing. Some slight differences in the models. But this helps a lot.

There's zero April. That's weird. But honestly I'm not surprised because Lego doesn't seem to like doing female characters much. :P

Only one Don unless we get that rumored 6th set. Also there's no Kraang guy that's got the human cover which is slightly disappointing. I mean there's the battle damage one from ComicCon and the full robot no skin on one in the set.

That Kraang figure is neat though, the actual kraangy one (not a traditional minifigure).

But yeah, I don't think you're allowed to actually share those. They're still watermarked and not the final product so I'm sure Lego doesn't want them around. BUT THANKS! :D

Edited by BrickG

Yeah, I think that's very likely. Hopefully it will be a cheap set.

While I'm not a big fan of their weapons either, I understand why they did it that way. In the new show, their weapons can convert to bladed versions. For example, Don's bo converts to a naginata (as you can see below), so I think whatever set(s) Donnie comes with will include some kind of blade that you can switch out for one of the short bars. It's a nice play feature which wouldn't be possible if he had a one-mold staff. But if it bothers you so much, you can always just use Wu's/Gandalf's staff for him instead. It's a very common piece.

The "weapon upgrades" that Mikey and Don have undergone are one of the aspects of this new series that I like. To me each TMNT series needs something unique to make it unique - the original was the first, the 2003 was very close to the original comics and mature (making it my favourite) and this one seems to be between the two and offers some different weapons. I'll certainly be displaying Don and Mikey with this "weapon upgrades" when I get them. I do wish they used something else to link the two bo parts together, or at least made it purple but hey hoo.

I'm quite surprised there's no black suited Kraang robot. I suppose There's plenty of time for that if there's a second wave of sets. Also there's no Xever. Easy enough to make my own I suppose but would have been nice to get an official one.

On this page:

http://dl.free.fr/ge...?file=/pnmToILH

when you click on red box saying:

"Valider et telecharger le fichier"

You can download preliminary catalog showing Kraang lab and Shredder's bike

Hate those kinds of downloads. Tried it 3 times (waste of time) and it still won't open.

-Sci

The catalogue pictures are early development stage, Really the only new thing they show is The Kraang out of the humanoid robot and in some sort of multi-legged domed robot. The picture of shredders bike is too dark to show any details other than it has flick fire missiles and has spikes sticking out as well as some sort of flame thrower by the look of it. But it's all very rough looking and nowhere near finished set stage.

The Kraang minifig (can it be called that? It's not a minifig, it's a brain with tentacles) anyway it looks almost exactly like this. Just in Lego form.

Edited by Jargo

Can someone please post the pictures?

If they are preliminary pictures like everyone has said, you can bet that they will not be allowed here.

We've seen most of the sets now. It's only a matter of time before official pictures come out. Patience, people.

Oh wow, I'm actually really impressed with the Kraang set. A cheap way to get Mikey, a Foot Solider, AND and brainy Kraang figure? :thumbup: I thought it was going to be an android body Kraang, which I have no interest in, personally. But it's the actual BRAIN! That just made this set a must buy for me.

I know it's just a preliminary pic and the final product can/will change, but I'm not really digging Shredder's cycle at all. I mean the cycle itself, it looks very bleh. But I'll have to get it because it's the only way to get Shredder and Don. Sigh. Fingers crossed that the final model of the bike is more impressive.

As mine does not have a supported file type to open in can someone please describe the sets fully. Especially the Shredder bike. :wub:

Edited by Jackattack7

Shredder Bike is a bulky black large bike with tailpipes pointing almost upwards with fire pieces. A Footsoldier is there randomly and Don is chasing him on a larger wannabe skateboard.

The Kraang set seems to have some kind of small pod you can fit a minifigure it (it's been captured?) a footsoldier and a Kraang (unique figure) in a slightly bulky mechasuit.