Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Three

This has been such a manly day. :sweet: More meat please! I could do with another sausage in me.

Poor choice of words, I think :grin:

Well a warrior spends a few days in the great outdoors and he comes back to this. It looks like you've already got your lynch and as I've mentioned previously I would have thought Hervi would have presented his findings or opinions a little differently in some of the situations due to his vast past experiences. Honestly, I could see him flipping either way and while I don't feel like the scum would be so bold as to attempt a last minute unvote strategy, I'll put up a vote: Hervi (Hinckley) just in case.

Hmm, so it seems all votes are on Hervi. That means there will be no sense looking at voting patterns tomorrow, but at least we will have the truth about Hervi and what he has told verified.

Vote Count

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) - 13 votes (Dragonator, Scubacarrot, Palathadric, Scouty, Etzel, darkdragon, Rick, Pandora, Sandy, Bob, CallMePie, Capt. Redblade, Waterbrick Down)

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)- 1 vote (Hinckley)

There are 24 hours left in the day.

So how about we not waste the rest of the day, if we can help it? I don't think it warrants it, as Hervi should come up as scum tomorrow, but what he is saying is that I am the serial killer, because I joked twice about being it, I apparantly threw a fit the same way I did as when I was a townie, and the whole blackmail thing, which he said, might I point out, not actually blackmail.

I joked about being the serial killer, absolutely, I'll do it right now: I am the serial killer, guys! What up? I fail to see how this is evidence I am the serial killer. All I can say is that I am in fact not the serial killer. If I threw a fit, as I did when I was a townie, how does that make suspicious? Am I copying my behaviour to make it seem like I am a townie? That gives me too much credit, really now. I've gone over the blackmail accusation, Hervi said himself it was not really blackmail, to bring it up now seems odd. I could link the post where he said it, but that would be giving too much effort to the whole deal. I think the accusation was just made as not to throw suspicion on any of his teammates. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

If anyone takes it seriously none the less, I'd be glad to answer any questions. :sweet:

Stemid, I don't agree, timing of votes can still be a factor, for example, I find it interesting Wary voted for Hervi, apparantly to avoid an unvote debacle, while at the start of the day he agreed with a lot of what Hervi said. I could go as far as to say that whole thing looks staged, if you put it in a certain light. I guess we can further analyse that tomorrow.

I can encourage everyone to speak up about anything, now is the time we can discuss stuff, any concerns can easily be brought forward now. Silence does nothing but help the scum hide. Speaking about silence, there are a few among us that are obnoxiously silent, I may very well miss someone, but these names spring forward: Wilhalm (is he still occupied with whatever it was he was occupied with), Canute, Sigmund and Beorn. May I kindly ask what you think about the events of the whole ordeal?

Wilhalm (is he still occupied with whatever it was he was occupied with), Canute, Sigmund and Beorn. May I kindly ask what you think about the events of the whole ordeal?

Well, I woul' jus' like teh bring forward tha' I not be of a speakin' mind; I've not been blessed wi' teh powers of speech tha' some 'o my companions 'ere 'ave been. Tha' bein' said, I have been payin' attention teh the events of teh day, and teh case agains' Hervi seems mos' convincin'. So's I'll be placin' my vote fer:

Vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

Who am I leaking information to?

I am not about to bring attention to your leaks, however they are unfortunately visible for all to see.

So how about we not waste the rest of the day, if we can help it?

I would agree with this sentiment. Even if people aren't wanting to vote, wouldn't it be nice to have their opinions on Hervi before the morning? There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be shy about saying what they think right now, surely?

6 hours, 10 votes.

You have your bandwagon, and your lynch.

The dice are rolled.

Idonot need to add my vote.

( have some spaces fortat last sentence. )

Uhm, who's the 'You' you're referring to here? Could you clarify a little? Do you think we're making a mistake, or are you saying something else?

In the meantime, to ease the tension, I'm going to go and blow stuff up with my Byzantine Alchemistry set. And then maybe set fire to some stuff too.

In the meantime, to ease the tension, I'm going to go and blow stuff up with my Byzantine Alchemistry set. And then maybe set fire to some stuff too.

I have a very sick piggy. Would you mind using her to play your fire games? I'd like to put her out of her misery.

Since you asked nicely for once, yes.

I really do believe that Hervi's lynch will be the most informative, by far. His reaction to his lynch is far different from the norm, but maybe he was just playing along with Dragmall's accusation and acting like he'd be glad to be lynched, since it helped the townies. Usually he's fighting to the death to prevent himself getting voted out. Our attention's obviously going to be on Dragmall tomorrow, the reasons for which are dependent on Hervi's affiliation (ie, are we following up on his suspicions because he was right about Hervi, or are we lynching him because he turned up townie?).

I'm almost sure if either Dragmall or Hervi is scum, then the serial killer is working with the scum. Cutting out both Mursi and Gofraid...I think it's way too much of a coincidence. We're at a disadvantage right now. There are probably only 2 or 3 scum left, but combined with the serial killer, they can take out two townies every day. Nevertheless, we're on a roll with getting rid of scum, hopefully that streak will continue.

The bulk of my suspicions I'm going to keep to myself, until anything particularly incriminating about one of them comes up in the day thread. Most of them consist of notes about behavior/voting/weird quotes at the moment. I'm hardly going to start accusing anyone before I'm convinced they're working against the townies. If any of them solidify, then I'll be bringing it up.

I hope Wilhalm's doing the same, he's spoken up only once every day so far.

Stemid, I don't agree, timing of votes can still be a factor, for example, I find it interesting Wary voted for Hervi, apparantly to avoid an unvote debacle, while at the start of the day he agreed with a lot of what Hervi said. I could go as far as to say that whole thing looks staged, if you put it in a certain light. I guess we can further analyse that tomorrow.

I happened to be outdoors most of the day and after hearing the recap of all of the conversation and accusations again cemented by Dragmall, as well as from some private conversations, I indeed found it more plausible for him to be a servant of Loki.

Thank you for answering, I feel like we get further this way than if we would all stuff ourself with sausages for the rest of the day. Not that that is not a manly thing to do, but I'm a woman. So there you go.

Some follow up questions, if you will.

Sigmund, you say the case against Hervi is the most convincing, I would tend to agree, but there is not really another case laid out today, unless you count the one against me? Perhaps, could you suggest someone else who is suspicious? Like who would you lynch instead of Hervi, if we could not lynch him, hypothetically speaking?

Canute, No offense, but your last part of your statement kind of reminds me of Gerrid. Only the other way around. What do you think can be gained by witholding suspicion? I can understand not wanting to lay out a case, or say it if it's all just a hunch or feelings, but it's very possible some of us see things others have not, is there not anything you could share? I think if we speak our minds, the scum will have a hard time keeping up, since they will have to make things up, giving more chance they slip.

Also something I do not quite get, do you really feel that it's or Dragmall, orHervi? I'll be honest, I don't really feel that way. If you do feel that way, can you perhaps please tell me why?

Wary, thank you for clearing that up, that does seem plausible.

Slip-ups I tend to point out immediately, I'm just speaking about general behavior during the game, and things that in hindsight and combined with a solidified argument might look suspicious. I haven't found anyone being obviously scummy, or, again, you'd be hearing of it here.

I think it's a good chance either Dragmall or Hervi's scum, but I'm not 100% positive. But Dragmall's still probably going to be feeling a lot of pressure tomorrow if Hervi turns up town.

My point about the serial killer, I'm saying that if it is either of them, the SK's probably in contact with the scum, because it seems like both of them (Dragmall and Hervi) have been deep in the know as far as Hervi's pile of contacts goes. Two of their closest allies turn up dead. If one of them's scum, they've probably had a hand in it by ensuring the SK kills either Mursi or Gofraid, and the scum killer takes out the other.

Even if neither is scum, there's still the possibility the SK is in contact with the Servants.

Or maybe it could be coincidence, but I still don't think it's likely.

Uhm, who's the 'You' you're referring to here? Could you clarify a little? Do you think we're making a mistake, or are you saying something else?

Thank you for asking.

When I wrote that I was annoyed and quite distracted.

The 'you' in my sentence is a generic second person plural. (y'all for those that like it, or yous...). I was not pointing to anyone specific.

Hervi has said that the fun has gone out of he game for him. Whether that's true or more game playing, I don't know. It would be a shame, though.

I woke up to find the lynch had already happened, so you(2nd sing.) can imagine that I see a bandwagon. Especially as most over the votes referenced personal feeling (wah! He was rude to me! Wah!) or no reasoning at all.

My difficultly is, I can see there are irregularities in Hervi's stories and he has been pressed on some. Some he has answered that he cannot explain without revealing people's confidences. Others he has ignored. He could be scum. but his accusers have not presented all the reasons they have either (specifically Dragmall). Again, there are things that should not be said in public lest they lead to lynching (or serial killing) a loyal einherjar with a night action.

Perhaps pieces of this will come out tomorrow. Maybe people are right, Hervi's lynch will reveal things.

Maybe he's an annoying townie and the scum are elsewhere. I don't know.

Clearly, I had been communicating with Hervi since the whole play thing. I didn't pick anything significantly untoward. But this is my first time amongst such seasoned warriors and I did note, there is a lot of history between people. Both bad and good. If he is scum, I need evaluate how much I have hurt the town cause by what I've said to him. I guess that's part of my reluctance. I don't want to believe he is scum since it makes me a dupe.

Usually he's fighting to the death to prevent himself getting voted out.

That's not like his usual Einherjar-Hervi indeed. If he's Einherjar he must have some idea of who the Servants of Loki are that are setting him up. Instead, all we get is his suspicions about the SK.

There are probably only 2 or 3 scum left, but combined with the serial killer, they can take out two townies every day. Nevertheless, we're on a roll with getting rid of scum, hopefully that streak will continue.

Hmmm, we only have two confirmed Servants of Loki. Or are you already counting Hervi?

Hmmm, we only have two confirmed Servants of Loki. Or are you already counting Hervi?

No. I counted 4 hooded figures in the intro of Day One. I thought that was a bit too low, so they probably have a conversion up their sleeves. 5 scum and a serial killer in a 26 person group is identical to that Black Forest play, right?

Canute, Sigmund and Beorn. May I kindly ask what you think about the events of the whole ordeal?

Hi. No, you may not kindly ask my thoughts on the matter, however you may angrily ask them. I've already made my thoughts and visions of today quite clear when I voted for Hervi. I'm a very simple person and when people bring confusing things into the ordeal like plays and acronyms, I get very confused and end up having to read the day thread many times over and that makes me sad.

That being said, I'm not only voting him out because of my lack of comprehension. I'm also voting him out based on the reasons everyone else has already stated and thus I haven't a reason to restate them.

Well, I woul' jus' like teh bring forward tha' I not be of a speakin' mind; I've not been blessed wi' teh powers of speech tha' some 'o my companions 'ere 'ave been. Tha' bein' said, I have been payin' attention teh the events of teh day, and teh case agains' Hervi seems mos' convincin'. So's I'll be placin' my vote fer:

What? *huh* Oh, you can't speak good/right. That's fine, none of us here are supposed too.

I will also follow the bandwagon and put my vote to good use since the current lynch has been discussed to death by others.

So how about we not waste the rest of the day, if we can help it? I don't think it warrants it, as Hervi should come up as scum tomorrow, but what he is saying is that I am the serial killer, because I joked twice about being it, I apparantly threw a fit the same way I did as when I was a townie, and the whole blackmail thing, which he said, might I point out, not actually blackmail.

I joked about being the serial killer, absolutely, I'll do it right now: I am the serial killer, guys! What up? I fail to see how this is evidence I am the serial killer. All I can say is that I am in fact not the serial killer. If I threw a fit, as I did when I was a townie, how does that make suspicious? Am I copying my behaviour to make it seem like I am a townie? That gives me too much credit, really now. I've gone over the blackmail accusation, Hervi said himself it was not really blackmail, to bring it up now seems odd. I could link the post where he said it, but that would be giving too much effort to the whole deal. I think the accusation was just made as not to throw suspicion on any of his teammates. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

If anyone takes it seriously none the less, I'd be glad to answer any questions. :sweet:

Hi, Snotra. :grin: Want to kiss one of my piggies? Oink. So, while I realize you are "joking" about being the serial killer, I believe the reverse psychology of it could be that you would never joke about such a thing if you were actually the serial killer. It's a bold move, yet safe place to hide. Your introductory PM to me started "19 y/o serial killer looking to hook up with Scum" or something like that. Ho ho hee hee, what a fun joke. You are the type to use reverse psychology and you have successfully employed it before. Next, was your fit. You know I'm the most paranoid Viking in all Valhalla. You say it all the time. Yet you think being a dick and a bully was going to get me to reveal my sources to you? I think you knew better and you were trying to draw out the conflict (it was you who posted it in the day thread) so you can show people that you were in Snotra-dick-bully Town mode. "He can't be the serial killer when he's so clearly in Town-mode". Expecting to know everything, being a dick, being a bully. And while I reworded the summary of your PMs, what you call "leveraging your vote" is actually called blackmail. It's a really odd tactic and I doubt you thought it would actually work, especially with me. Offering a vote for exchange of info that could hurt the Town if it got into the wrong hands? I seriously doubt you ever had a chance of successfully getting any info out of me. You were staging a Town-Snotra performance to get people's suspicions away from you. I'm on what the ancient Vikings called "Airplane WIFI" so I won't be quoting you directly, but I thought your behavior during the Dragmall/Hervi conflict was weird as well. Mediator between us was a weird role to choose and you tended to play devil's advocate with both of us. Believing Dragmall never claimed neutral just because he says he didn't was a weird thing for you to believe so quickly. But more damning for you is that you probably were pissed at me for "treating you like a child" :wacko: which is weird, since I'm treating you like a smart player and a potential threat to the Town by not wanting you to have any info, not like a child. But, you probably were ego-wounded or something and you were definitely convinced that Chief Mursi and I were both Scum and, lo and behold, it's Chief Mursi who ends up dead at the hands of the Serial Killer last night. Well, what a coincidence. Maybe the serial killer was just trying to frame you...

I will also follow the bandwagon and put my vote to good use since the current lynch has been discussed to death by others.

Wha? *huh* Aaaaaah! You scared me. Don't sneak up on people like that. Who are you? Where did you come from? I don't remember ever seeing around you before.

That's not like his usual Einherjar-Hervi indeed. If he's Einherjar he must have some idea of who the Servants of Loki are that are setting him up. Instead, all we get is his suspicions about the SK.

Oh, don't you worry. I'm almost out of my Chicago trance and the airplane WIFI will hopefully provide me the service to collect my final affront and get it brought to everyone. Stop being such a stick in the pig-sty. You're boring this time. Lighten up. :tongue:

Here is the list of all I’ve found. I will send the list of players and aliases to the person I trust the most.

Princess Fiona (her choice :hmpf:) is bulletproof. I don’t want to give away why this person is bulletproof but someone out there knows why. It’s an odd claim, although I was inclined to believe it at first. However, in talking to Fiona she doesn’t have the best story for becoming bulletproof. She made friends with someone who was able to give one gift. It was given on the first night and I’m not sure why they made friends so easily. I’m inclined to believe there’s something else to their relationship, at least on Fiona’s side. I think she may be a dangerous person to have be bulletproof, but what’s done is done. Fiona can only be killed by a lynch. What’s funny is this friendship seems to have dried up once the gift was given. Princess Fiona has pretty much stopped communicating and hasn’t shown much interest in the nature of the gift or offered any more insight into the game. An odd early friendship that ended in a huge gift for Fiona.

Mercury is the blocker. He claims to have blocked Artemis on Night One. This would make sense if Artemis were Town. However, since I doubt that, Mercury could also be Scum, claiming to block her on Night One buying her one more night without being lynched. I was more than ready to lynch Artemis on the morning of Day Two, but was advised by my friends not to. Wish I wouldn’t have listened. :sceptic:

Hephastus is an inventor who has an ascetic to hand out to someone. Haven’t gotten confirmation on this one yet. I’ve never heard of an ascetic as an invention… :wacko:

Mars claims to be the watcher. I have none of his claims verified. He claims to have watched me on the first night and that I was targeted by nobody. I find this very hard to believe, although I guess it's possible. The second night, he targeted Artemis and saw that Artemis was targeted by Juno. I haven’t spoken to Juno about this but I suspect that Juno is a protector. She knew Artemis’s identity and I assume was working to keep her safe.

I doubt Artemis is being on the level with me, though. Hiding the “disorientation” from me, yet reporting it to others she claimed not to trust seems a lot like she was trying to get me lynched. My hope is that the real investigator is getting real results and confirming Townies while keeping the results to themselves or starting another Town block somewhere. We can’t be far from burying these Scummy Servants of Loki if we are doing so well at coordinating all of the Night Actions. Anyway, there’s no possible way Artemis and I are on the same team. That much I know. I think she found her lie unsustainable and needs to get rid of me. I understand how you would all feel more comfortable getting rid of me to prove that, so I’m more than happy to go. Just make sure to lynch Artemis when I turn up as Einherjar. This will not even be a bump in the road since the person I trust most will have the list of aliases to compare all of this to. We’re sitting in a great position as I die, yet again. I love Valhalla and will do what it takes to preserve it. No hard feelings for all of the suspicions (and cynicism, derision, sarcasm, dickery, etc.) It’s all part of the game. We’re doing what we have to do. Continue to do so in my absence and we will defeat the vile Servants of Loki. Please let my piggies poop on their graves…

And finally, the weirdest claim is that of Vulcan, who claims to be the Prankster. He targeted someone on Night One and covered their room in the hall with tin foil. I was trying to clarify the point of this role but he claims that Odin has declared the Action has no actual effect. And it appears that is true. I was targeted last night. My bed was short-sheeted and my hand left in ice water as I slept causing me to urinate in my sheets. I didn’t receive any other indication that the Action did anything to me. For some reason, this role is compulsory. Vulcan must use it every night.

As far as my “fantastic leaps of logic and unprecedented 180” accuser, Dragmall goes, I do hope the real investigator is out there targeting him tonight, just to make sure that he’s being manipulated, as I suspect, and not doing the manipulation himself. I’ll laugh my mathematics off if he’s a neutral. :wacko:

Wha? *huh* Aaaaaah! You scared me. Don't sneak up on people like that. Who are you? Where did you come from? I don't remember ever seeing around you before.

My apologies for startled you! I am always here, just hiding behind the tall curtains. I might not be that visible since the discussion had always been active and I didn't have much concrete contributions to make either, or at least for the time being. Of course, I could be very much helpful in some sense by not adding confusion into the mix through wild speculations. Still then, I am here!

I'm disturbed that Hervi would have directed the protector to protect the blocker night one and not a claimed investigator until that investigator could be verified.

Also, this...

And finally, the weirdest claim is that of Vulcan, who claims to be the Prankster. He targeted someone on Night One and covered their room in the hall with tin foil. I was trying to clarify the point of this role but he claims that Odin has declared the Action has no actual effect. And it appears that is true. I was targeted last night. My bed was short-sheeted and my hand left in ice water as I slept causing me to urinate in my sheets. I didn’t receive any other indication that the Action did anything to me. For some reason, this role is compulsory. Vulcan must use it every night.

Doesn't seem like it could possibly be a role that is Einherjar friendly. Anything that sows confusion must at the very least be neutral, no? Yet Hervi didn't bother to bring this up to our attention in a play.

I'd like to hear more about this person tomorrow if there is information to be had. Or perhaps Hervi is just making this up.

*looks around*

I'm manly! :sweet:

I'm effeminately manly. Brrrrrrrrrr. Me and my silver axe, and my silver shirt, and my silver pants, and my silver undies, and my silver socks, and my....

I'm disturbed that Hervi would have directed the protector to protect the blocker night one and not a claimed investigator until that investigator could be verified.

:wall: Didn't know the protector on Night One, nor did I have any influence over any protector at any point. Where did I even say I directed a protector to protect a blocker??? :wacko:

Vote Count

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) - 16 votes (Dragonator, Scubacarrot, Palathadric, Scouty, Etzel, darkdragon, Rick, Pandora, Sandy, Bob, CallMePie, Capt. Redblade, Waterbrick Down, Sisco, WhiteFang, fhomess)

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot) - 1 vote (Hinckley)

Non-voters - badboytje88, Chromeknight

The hall had come to a decision. Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) stepped forward to meet his fate.

IMG_0379.jpg

Ragnar rose from his throne. "Any last words?" he asked.

"Oink oink", announced Hervi.

IMG_0381.jpg

Ragnar didn't know what this meant, but too impatient to hear any more, he swiftly swung his axe, sending Hervi's head rolling to the floor.

IMG_0382.jpg

A sudden cry of grief echoed through the hall. Filled with despair, someone grabbed a knife from the table, intending to end their life. The rest of the einherjar tried to stop it...

IMG_0384.jpg

... But alas, poor Pernilla was no more.

IMG_0385.jpg

Outside the hall, Harald was resting. He'd only been there for three days, but he had already had enough of the bloodshed. He needed a break from it all.

IMG_0375.jpg

His moment of peace was interrupted by the cawing of a raven. Harald looked up to find another of Odin's ravens.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

It is now night. You have 48 hours to send in your night actions.