Klaus-Dieter

2013 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I agree, the Pet Salon looks the best out of the bunch - it even contains a new hairpiece and a poodle! The lack of male Friends still bothers me, though. The world of the theme seems incomplete with just one male figure in it...

Bizarro Smurfville?

Thanks for the pics. Santa is bringing my daughter the camper for this Christmas. Hopefully she is into it and I can buy more

Oh gosh they went back to putting that awful cartoon logo of the Friends on the box! :sceptical:

I do like the sets though. I really want the Jetski, the Karate set, the Playground set, that pony, and Joanna. :wub:

I was looking for the swimming pool set. However, the one in the photo really looks strange.

The only one I am interested in is the karate set. I love the "忍者" character there, but I doubt it is a sticker?

Squeee! :wub_drool: This is epic! I need (at least) the Magic set and the Karate set! There's so much awesomeness in these!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I was looking for the swimming pool set. However, the one in the photo really looks strange.

The only one I am interested in is the karate set. I love the "忍者" character there, but I doubt it is a sticker?

It's a printed piece from the 2011 Ninjago sets.

I think my daughter will get a kick out of the karate set. :classic: Anyone know when they will be released for sale?

Just like little boys don't want girly minifigures, it seems their extensive market research shows girls don't want to roleplay with boy minidolls. It must be official.

Not to start a debate, but I do agree they need to level the playing field a bit. Just like AFOLs want more female minifigures, I'm sure girls want more male dolls to inhabit their play scenarios.

But looking at the sets, I would say I'm a bit happier with this wave than the very first wave. The bright colors are more subdued, but still present. Lots of fun new pieces/recolored pieces, so I'm excited for that. That water-coolor does look inventive. I may have to borrow that. I know I will be for sure getting Olivia's foal and the big waterslide set for my daughter. I may pick up the dojo set for myself. With the other lackluster sets coming out next winter, I may have to buy some more Friends stuff.

Thanks for the pictures!

New hairpiece! These sets are much better than the ones released in summer IMO.

Does the last set include EVERYTHING shown in the box art? If so, I must get it!

The Collectable Animal image says Series 2. I for one did not know that there would be multiple series.

I'm not a football fan at all, but there's one particular football player I'm rather fond of - regardless of never having seen her play. :wink:

And since she happens to be a blonde with pretty much that hairstyle (and, coincidentally, a love of dogs), that's pretty much enough for me to want the football set. Now, if it'd used the freckled face with brown eyes (Mia, I believe), that would've made it seriously freaky. :laugh:

I'll probably get the magician set, since I lost the wand for my CMF S1 Magician (well, 'lost', I say... what really happened is that I got a 1x1 cone stuck on it). Speaking of which, isn't it neat how they simply copied the torso design on to a different mould?

I did Karate for a few years, so I'll probably get that set as well (in spite of the kendo helmet, katana and bonzai tree, which all seem to back up the generalisation of all Eastern martial arts).

I love set 41008. It is so awesome and reminds me so much of the Paradisa theme. The slide is awesome and I love all the little details such as the plants, speakers, b-ball hoop in white, and little snack shack. The rest are meh to me, but I might get a few of the new soccer balls off of bricklink later on. :classic:

Wow, thanks for the pics Legobrandon. I don't think I've seen the gold stars before (set 41001), and it looks like there's going to be a new electric guitar colour (light aqua?) (set 41004). I'm not a huge fan of Friends, but some of these new sets will definitely be on my shopping list.

Not only new colour, that's the first non-"flying vee" guitar, period. Rock on!

Aw man I love the cat's climbing platform and post. Really well designed and eye catching pet environments all around really.

Ok and I'm definitely getting the soccer and karate sets. Everything about them is fantastic. The minidolls, the details, the shapes of the builds.

I would say I gotta get the magic one too, but now I see that all the parts I want from it (purple, stars) are in 41004, so I'll just pick that one up.

I like the 'Joanna' minidoll, and I like that we finally have pool/beach minidolls wearing clothes appropriate for getting wet in :wink:

I am still mad that they haven't provided the kitchen accessories in a sensible color in a cheap set yet.

Will update if I find more.

-Sci

Oh wait a minute, that's marked series 2 and promises a hedgehog set and poodle set as well *oh2*

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Lol, the turtle has something to do in her hair. The only problem, she has no hair. :laugh:

@CM4S: You can still put a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in your Friends display. :wink:

I like the cardgame tile very much and the less stereotypical sets. I hope the guitar will come also in more city sets.

That rabbit above the series 2 sign looks a bit to happy about him/herself

I stil prefer the grumpy ones. :wink:

74928__safe_youtube-caption_screencap_angel_putting-your-hoof-down.png

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

That rabbit above the series 2 sign looks a bit to happy about him/herself

I stil prefer the grumpy ones. :wink:

{pic}

Great one 'Wout'! :laugh:

Edited by just2good

Those animals are just too cute! :wub:

On an additional note, after noticing the snack bar on the background, I think the pool set could've used at least one more fig. It's supposed to be the largest set of the wave, so two figs does not seem enough. :/

It's great to see the pictures. It's great that more different Friends torsos are coming, and my favourite among them is the football player. However, I don't see many interesting bricks (which is a major factor for buying them). Anyway, the sets are nice and they introduce new ''subthemes'' within Friends, which is great for extra diversity, although ''men'' are still missing...