just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I think its same as in last years harbour, except for the colour. It looks like sand green, but those pics can be misleading, so it could also be ordinary green.

Sand green would be great for PT gunboat.

Not trying to get people's hopes up, but I can just imagine how overjoyed some people would be if it turned out to be the new Olive Green that appeared in the Dino, LotR, and Monster Fighters themes.

Well, regardless of which color of green it is, I'm sure I could re-purpose it as a Chaos gunboat/heavy corvette/light frigate, so I may end up getting that set at least.

From the pictures I've seen, it appears to be lime, with a hint of bright red.

Pictures? Would it be possible to post them (or if they're already here, direct me to them)? Thank you.

Pictures? Would it be possible to post them (or if they're already here, direct me to them)? Thank you.

Lego has requested them to be removed from the site, so you wont be able to find them here.

And an EDIT: Now ten days after this original post, we are starting to get "official" set images in. Fingers crossed people!

Edited by Penkid11

Hmm... the minifigures seem interesting, but that one leaked set hasn't hooked me on the theme at all. Personally, Ninjago seems to be a lot cooler than the concept of Legends of Chima from what I've seen. Possibly that will change, and I really hope I have something to look forward to.

You guys already know about the set names, right?

Yes, but someone had posted the piece count and that got deleted in the five days. (If that was you, could you give them again?)

Personally, I think most of the new Ninjago sets are on par with the best set of Chima. However, since the picture I'm basing my conclusion on shows blurry concepts, not high-definition finalized sets, this could change.

Hi guys, I was looking through this thread and couldn't find the pictures. could someone help? thanks.

I don't think pictures for the Chima sets have been revealed yet.

A few low-quality thumbnails have been leaked, but that's all. I have a hunch that this is a summer theme, and that being the case, a full reveal is pretty far down the line.

A few low-quality thumbnails have been leaked, but that's all. I have a hunch that this is a summer theme, and that being the case, a full reveal is pretty far down the line.

I believe it's been fairly well confimred that this is not a summer theme, but due for release in January, but even if that's the case, we're still just in October, so I don't see why we should have photos already. :wink:

I believe it's been fairly well confimred that this is not a summer theme, but due for release in January, but even if that's the case, we're still just in October, so I don't see why we should have photos already. :wink:

I feel like a January release would mean the theme would have to compete with NinjaGo, which is essentially marketing suicide...

I feel like a January release would mean the theme would have to compete with NinjaGo, which is essentially marketing suicide...

Maybe. But this Ninjago release is geared more toward the Ninjago fans that are already out there: it's only six sets, no spinners, and the most expensive seems to be $65. And most of those fans probably wouldn't be too interested in Chima if it just takes over later on in the year. Besides, we've been told that the sets will be on the shelves through the year, so even if Chima came later, they'd still be compeating. :wink:

Maybe. But this Ninjago release is geared more toward the Ninjago fans that are already out there: it's only six sets, no spinners, and the most expensive seems to be $65. And most of those fans probably wouldn't be too interested in Chima if it just takes over later on in the year. Besides, we've been told that the sets will be on the shelves through the year, so even if Chima came later, they'd still be compeating. :wink:

That might be true for the people around here, but keep in mind that LEGO's primary market are kids and parents who probably couldn't tell the difference between the two. Having both themes release in the same season just seems like an odd move.

And, while it's true that they'd be competing eventually either way, when a line launches there's a certain emphasis on the newness of it to drive early sales. I'm no marketing expert (business admin major) but I'm sure that would have a negative impact on the success of both themes.

That might be true for the people around here, but keep in mind that LEGO's primary market are kids and parents who probably couldn't tell the difference between the two. Having both themes release in the same season just seems like an odd move.

And, while it's true that they'd be competing eventually either way, when a line launches there's a certain emphasis on the newness of it to drive early sales. I'm no marketing expert (business admin major) but I'm sure that would have a negative impact on the success of both themes.

I'm sure the LoC playsets will be visually distinctive from the Ninjago ones. Not to mention that LoC is the only theme with an actual play feature next year, replacing that of Ninjago, so those kids who bought spinners this year will move on to Speedorz next year.

I hope that these don't just last for 1 year like alien conquest :look:

I'm pretty sure LEGO doesn't want to plan such a big theme for one year only.

-Gata signoff.png

Wow. My opinion of the Lion quad has gone down, but the Croc Boat looks awesome. Razcal's raven glider looks awesome too and Wakz is definitely not a good doggie. The ultra striker and the rock bowling sets look better than I thought they would too. I'll probably get Crawley reptile-thingy just for those olive-green power miner drill parts. People were also right to assume the boat uses an olive hull, and what I thought were snakes were in fact it's eyes. Not to mention that the Croc Boat has diminutive arms and a small tail :thumbup:.

Edited by DraikNova