CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I have a feeling it is going to do extremely well with the kids. I've heard all the new action figures have been selling really well, and combine that with the fact that the ratings have been crazy good I think LEGO has a real winner on their hands :thumbup:

P.S. nice avatar! :classic:

I agree this theme is going to hit a lot of boxes for people. Not only Children but lots of adults and teens who saw the orginal series back in the 90's. it's been so long since I had seen ant TMNT that I can only really remember 7 characters: the turtles, Shredder, Splinter and April. I also remember Venus but I wish I didn't, so glad there's no plans to ever bring her back.

Just watched the first three episodes of the new show and it's not bad. Strange mix of styles and totally pants theme song but yeah, I'm actually looking forward to more episodes.

I really hope this theme does well as I'd like to see Spider Bytez, Snakeweed, Leatherhead, Metalhead, Baxter and his Mousers and Casey [coming in season two apparently]. WOO! :excited:

So if anyone has those set pictures and is slingin' 'em into PM's then CC me in by all means. :wink:

watermarked images aren't allowed in the forums. Lego get pissy about it so it isn't worth the hassle.

Don't worry. As a Photoshop professional I can easily get rid of watermarks. ;)

I'm not so fond of the Stealth Shell. I fell in love with it when somebody linked to that model, and I think that TLG could be more creative. I still might get the set though for parts and I really like Fishface.

The underground lair is really great though.

Overall, I think that so far this theme is pretty good and I'm looking forward to seeing the other sets.

Don't worry. As a Photoshop professional I can easily get rid of watermarks. ;)

We don't want pics posted with the watermarks digitally removed either. Sorry.

People can stop posting that they want watermarked pictures sent to them. No one is actually sending them out and you're just cluttering up the thread.

It really shouldn't be too long before we get official pics anyway. Everyone just calm down, breathe deeply, and wait.

I am in the same boat. I want the figures, but the sets are pretty lackluster. I'm sure they did wonders with the source material. I wouldn't know, we don't have cable. But the figures are looking better and better the more I see them. The stealth shell set looks okay, but I would get it for the figures and the price probably being a little lower. The lair is decent and a good line-up of figures, but it all depends on the price. And I wonder how different Krang would be in the cheap and expensive set. I'd think there would have to be a variation, although I hope not. I prefer the Krang I grew up on, but I kind of like the new one too. But I agree, Shredder is the best figure in this series. So many memories.

I can't wait to see pictures, but I can't wait for official pricing! I need to plan for next year with all of these great sets.

I want the figures, but the sets are pretty lackluster.

Lackluster? These are the ugliest licensed Lego sets I have ever seen. They look like clone brand sets slabbed together from random parts.

Lackluster? These are the ugliest licensed Lego sets I have ever seen. They look like clone brand sets slabbed together from random parts.

I actually like the stealth shell.

I actually like the stealth shell.

I don't think the new sets are lackluster.

I do, however, think that some of the minifigures aren't very good. The turltes all look great. Shredder looks great. In my personal opinion, Krang looks ugly and Splinter (the rat-guy) looks weird. Splinter and Krang also have bad compatibility with other sets. See, I like Shredder because I could also use him in Ninjago sets, as an evil samurai. The turtles, I might be able to play along with Ninjago sets too.

Splinter has always been ugly is the problem.

I mean, what kids bragged about their Splinter action figures? Nobody cares about a Ninja Rat. Turtles > Rats. ;)

That and I absolutely hate it when they use those kind of legs. Give them REAL legs and a robe made out of the same stuff as the capes.

I think for what they have to work with, the figures look outstanding. The source material paves the way for them, so TLG nailed it. With them being used in other themes, that wasn't the original purpose so it doesn't matter if they fit into other themes or not. It is a nice bonus if you can switch figures into other themes though.

I think Splinter looks good from the side, but from the front he looked horrible. Splinter is a much needed figure, but the turtles are the drive (heck, they are the name).

Splinter has always been ugly is the problem.

I mean, what kids bragged about their Splinter action figures? Nobody cares about a Ninja Rat. Turtles > Rats. ;)

That and I absolutely hate it when they use those kind of legs. Give them REAL legs and a robe made out of the same stuff as the capes.

Except his figure doesn't look like a rat. I don't know if it's just the picture's resolution, but he looks like a mutant horse!

Except his figure doesn't look like a rat. I don't know if it's just the picture's resolution, but he looks like a mutant horse!

I also think he looks kind of like a mutant horse, but seems very accurate to what he looks like in the show.

I like his show model, but I don't love the ways it's transferred to plastic so far.

But I think the Lego Minifigure is better than the actual action figure.

I'm hoping maybe Legends of Chima might end up using the head piece in maybe something like a pure brown or pure gray, and then I could swap it out. I think it's the splotchy fur pattern that hurts it.

Legends of Chima has a croc head that would be great for Leatherhead. That and a recoloured tail from the CMF dino suit guy or something similar.

Legends of Chima has a croc head that would be great for Leatherhead. That and a recoloured tail from the CMF dino suit guy or something similar.

What is "Legends of Chima"?

It's a 2013 theme that is replacing Ninjago. Some sort of fighting animals scenario. mean looking vehicles.

There's a thread about it. Scan topics from the last 24 hours.

I can't wait to see the other two sets. Does anyone know whether Donatello will be in the same set as Shredder?

I can't wait to see the other two sets. Does anyone know whether Donatello will be in the same set as Shredder?

It's said and typical that Donatello (the only make of him in this wave) would come in the one of the worst sets. Kraang's lab sounds just like a room sized about the same as the bank in the superheroes Two-Face Chase. But Mikey has to come in the best set, the one with Shredder.

It's said and typical that Donatello (the only make of him in this wave) would come in the one of the worst sets. Kraang's lab sounds just like a room sized about the same as the bank in the superheroes Two-Face Chase. But Mikey has to come in the best set, the one with Shredder.

Source?

Source?

It was said somewhere in here, can't remember where but it's somewhere in here. (TMNT 2013)

Page 9 said by djmangunz, 79101 is Kraang's lab right?

Edited by Jackattack7

Latest TMNT episode:

Well the latest episode had Baxter Stockman in a giant robot suit of armor. He was all about revenge too. I'm wondering if that might be the rumored exclusive set. Baxter, Don and his giant suit of armor.