I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

(The following quote is from another thread, but my reply is better suited for this thread)

A bit off topic, but since you brought it up, what do you all do when you hit the 200 free pics limit on Flickr (besides buying the Pro option)? Go to MOCpages or BrickShelf? Use Flickr only for the main images, and put everything else somewhere else? Once you're over 200 images, will links and deep-links to your early images still work? If you remove pics from Flickr, does that help? I'm at 173 on Flickr right now.

I didn't even know there was a maximum, thanks for warning me! Does that mean that once you hit 200 you no longer have access to your Flickr page (photostream) - unless you pay for Pro, of course? :sceptic:

I didn't even know there was a maximum, thanks for warning me! Does that mean that once you hit 200 you no longer have access to your Flickr page (photostream) - unless you pay for Pro, of course? :sceptic:

Your oldest photos will "disappear" as if deleted. (They don't really, but you can't access them on Flickr anymore until you upgrade - as Brickdoctor mentioned there are some work-arounds.) With a free account, your photostream, sets & collections will always only show your 200 most recent photos.

Embedded images still appear, and the image page still exists at the same URL; you just lose the ability to access it through your flickr menus, sets, etc. A common workaround is to create a flickr group which only you can see, and add all your images to the group. Then you can access your old images from the list of images in the group.

Your oldest photos will "disappear" as if deleted. (They don't really, but you can't access them on Flickr anymore until you upgrade - as Brickdoctor mentioned there are some work-arounds.) With a free account, your photostream, sets & collections will always only show your 200 most recent photos.

Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll search around EB and see if there are more tips on the best ways to use Flickr. I'll definitely create a group for old my old pics.

Thanks, I think I understand it now! :thumbup:

Has anyone ever built in Cedrica before? Are you allowed to build in Cedrica? My next story will be Ageven's tour of Historica, and it would be ideal to be able to do a city square or a Gateway or something in the capital!

Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll search around EB and see if there are more tips on the best ways to use Flickr. I'll definitely create a group for old my old pics.

I'd suggest buying the pro account. It's only a few bucks per year and fully worth the unlimited storage it allows you! :thumbup:

Just as a side note, while I did go ahead and create a group, I have 201 photos and they are all showing on my photostream. Maybe that will change once I hit 202, but I thought it was interesting. . .

Just as a side note, while I did go ahead and create a group, I have 201 photos and they are all showing on my photostream. Maybe that will change once I hit 202, but I thought it was interesting. . .

hehe I managed to get to 206 once, I only have 200 now though.

what happened, where did all the topics go I started a week ago. I was gone, so I don't know what went on here

what happened, where did all the topics go I started a week ago. I was gone, so I don't know what went on here

The new version of the site was crucified, buried and on the 3rd day it rose again on a new server. :tongue:

not really the site went haywire and no one could access it so they switched to a new server but lost 5 days of posts in the process. you can ask for them back Here:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=74891

Edited by Legonardo

The new version of the site was crucified, buried and on the 3rd day it rose again on a new server. :tongue:

not really the site went haywire and no one could access it so they switched to a new server but lost 5 days of posts in the process. you can ask for them back Here:

Why thank you Susan Jr. for saving me a ton of time getting my Cristil Bloom back up. Much appreciated.

Why thank you Susan Jr. for saving me a ton of time getting my Cristil Bloom back up. Much appreciated.

Your welcome. You've been calling me Susan/Jr for a while now, you need a nick name.

oh man this really sucks ...

If you go to the topic Legonardo mentioned you can have your topics restored, though not the post/votes.

Your welcome. You've been calling me Susan/Jr for a while now, you need a nick name.

I will leave the nickname entirely up to you.

That's weird. I thought they had lost those five days of posts. If the admins can access the lost posts and re-post them somehow, why don't they just repost them all or add them back into the database?

That's weird. I thought they had lost those five days of posts. If the admins can access the lost posts and re-post them somehow, why don't they just repost them all or add them back into the database?

they don't repost them, they PM the topic to the poster

Guys, what's happening? Too few people around these days, hardly any challenge v entries, the board almost sleeping and that close to its first birthday. Where is everybody?

Guys, what's happening? Too few people around these days, hardly any challenge v entries, the board almost sleeping and that close to its first birthday. Where is everybody?

Time or the year maybe? I've started my Challenge V entry, I'll be finishing the Gardens hopefully today or tomorrow but (if my order takes longer to arrive) at least by early next week. Plus I'll have another free build (and story) up later today (I need to photograph it).

Maybe we're just not talkative during October for some reason?

I'm still here. Any ideas to "kick start" the guilds again?

Start an Avalonian-Kaliphlin war? :devil_laugh: (Just kidding).

I'm always around :innocent: And I'm well into my Challenge V entry, just taking a quick break right now. I imagine people are busy right now as the holiday season approaches :shrug_oh_well:

I'm sure things will liven up as Challenge V gets nearer :classic:

I am moving to my own spot (studenthome) and my spare bricks are almost completely sorted, waiting for becoming a MOC. So I will be quiet for a couple more days :sad:

Start an Avalonian-Kaliphlin war? :devil_laugh: (Just kidding).

I guess the drows are missing, ever since Angeli got kicked Nocturnus, and therefore the bad guys, has been falling apart ...

Personally I'm working on another wall section and my first varlyrio moc. However, without further instruction as to how to handle the 5th guild it doesn't make sense to post anything yet.

It's more like Mitgardia vs. Nocturnus. Something about Elon Chorian's head?

By the way, I check here at least twice a day. I guess I should comment a bit more, I suppose. I also haven't started my Ch V MOC due to studies, but here's hoping that I, as well as the other rare-showers, will make it in time.

I think the guilds would be more active if we had more intertwining stories. When Avalonia was at war with the Drow, things were pretty active. Now, it all seems to have subsided.