cavegod

Ultimate Collectors Scale All Terrain Armoured Transport

Cavegod, I would love to see some renders with this tool:

http://ldd2povray.lddtools.com/

Do you have an LDD of the full model? Of course, I can also try to make one.

That would be great but i think my mother board would melt!

no no full model as ldd would not allow the connections!

That would be great but i think my mother board would melt!

no no full model as ldd would not allow the connections!

Too bad default_sad.gif

So, with a little help from a friend, I've finally started to build the beast (Having spent an age buying all the bricks and then recovering from the ordeal).

I'll post a picture of the finished build when I'm complete - and that will be some time away based on how much time I've managed to spend on the project so far.

In the interim I though I'd share a picture of my helper climbing down after a hard days work on the front left leg! (I know, how mean making the driver build his own transport)

8096448169_2fdddb2c25.jpg

Edited by TristanBane

So, with a little help from a friend, I've finally started to build the beast (Having spent an age buying all the bricks and then recovering from the ordeal).

I'll post a picture of the finished build when I'm complete - and that will be some time away based on how much time I've managed to spend on the project so far.

In the interim I though I'd share a picture of my helper climbing down after a hard days work on the front left leg! (I know, how mean making the driver build his own transport)

IMG00073-20121016-2211 by tristanbane, on Flickr

Nice! Great so see another user building it. I have started building it as well. I have built the head, the legs and now I am working on the body. I am also making building instructions in LDraw.

"Having spent an age buying all the bricks and then recovering from the ordeal"

Lol, I hear you, my fellow builder :laugh:*oh2*

This is the best UCS AT-AT ever, I will (try to) make a replica of it for my MOC of the battle of Hoth.

One stand up and one crashed in snow. It will not look as good as yours but it's a good example.

Over all a very good MOC!

I've began to order and received a few parts. I've finished UCS falcon so far, and almost done with ANio Tie Fighter (really impressive), but that AT-AT is my next step. I will scratch my head and try to find a way to do the interior, I don't know why but I didn't care for it for the UCS falcon, but that AT-AT... strange:)

I said I would post some images again once I finished the build so here they are (Well, as you can tell, it is not completely finished but this is as far as I'm going for a while so I figured is was worth providing updating on progress). I'm moving on to something less stressful such as shark taming (alternatively I might just build a few TLG models to relax)!

This has been, by some margin, the most challenging, oftentimes extremely frustrating, but ultimately very rewarding, Lego build I've attempted (I'll admit to being a Lego novice compared to most members here - but having build the majority of the Star Wars UCS line - this is, without doubt, the most intricate, detailed, complex and difficult build I've encountered).

Having said that, I couldn't recommend it more - from the initial BrickLink saga of sourcing all the bricks from the world over to (almost) completing the build - the experience has been exceptionally rewarding. The model takes pride of place among my collection of UCS Star Wars vehicles (Even my wife has commented on how impressive it looks - and, believe me, that is something! My son loves it, but that was a foregone conclusion!).

For anyone attempting to build this behemoth I'd highly recommend following Dave's blog over at http://gimmelego.blogspot.co.uk/ where he provides a very comprehensive progress report at every stage of the build.

Hats off to Pete (Cavegod) for a most inspired (evilly so!) design and creation of one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles from the original trilogy (In fact, the AT-AT was the first Star Wars toy I owned back in the early 80's, so this is quite the nostalgia trip for me)

Here are a couple of images of my model, you can see the UCS Y-Wing and Snow Speeder to provide a reference point on the scale - this this is huge!

(If anyone is interested in taking on this project, myself and Dave [and likely others] have been providing Pete with feedback when we have discovered issues with the LDD files - so the latest should reflect the final model pretty accurately at this stage)

8505256408_51c29b556e.jpg

8505256250_dd1d7f415c.jpg

that's a huge baby indeed, I've began to gather the parts too, but it's a long, long project for sure! thanks for the blog link btw TristanBane

Hi. I'm building a few Star Wars MOCs, but this version of the AT-AT just blows away ever other MOC - its stunning! Do you have any plans to release building instructions? If so, please let me know, as this would make the centrepiece of my collection. Have fun!