Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

$499 was too hard to pass up....just ordered one and it said end of November for delivery

Same... :sceptic::wink:

For the LotR army builders out there, 9471 Uruk-Hai Army is a very reasonable 40% off at the Warehouse until the 9th.

Toyco has another storewide 20% off sale, excludes afew lego sets. It ends on thursday night, so get in quick if your wanting some good priced lego! :classic:

Farmers have the 2010 Battle Packs for $12 each! And afew other discounts.

For the minifigure collectors, Warehouse has 3 for $10 with the series 8 minifigures, and other discounts.

All in all everyone seems to be doing a nice little sale atm. :sweet::thumbup:

CF

For the LotR army builders out there, 9471 Uruk-Hai Army is a very reasonable 40% off at the Warehouse until the 9th.

Keep in mind, The Warehouse bumped up their pricing on this set, RRP is actually supposed to be $60 (Whereas the Warehouse is charging $67) - But still, 30% off RRP is pretty good.

Keep in mind, The Warehouse bumped up their pricing on this set, RRP is actually supposed to be $60 (Whereas the Warehouse is charging $67) - But still, 30% off RRP is pretty good.

So they did. One of the other retailers had it for $70, so I'd assumed that was RRP. Guess shop.lego.com/en-NZ has its uses after all.

Hey for all you star wars older set collectors, not sure if you've seen this, real steal :) Im bidding i think, just for collecting's sake :sweet:

Yaar. Be interesting to see where it ends up.

Does anyone remember the NZ RRP for the 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle?

Hey for all you star wars older set collectors, not sure if you've seen this, real steal :) Im bidding i think, just for collecting's sake :sweet:

Mmm, I did see that. $50 certainly is a steal, but consering the only thing I would want from it is the 2 standard TIEs, I doubt I'll put a bid in. Good luck if you go for it!

Yaar. Be interesting to see where it ends up. Does anyone remember the NZ RRP for the 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle?

From memory it was $140 :wink:

In the mean time, I've got to admit I'm slightly tempted by this at the moment. looks like a great model (Though I'm not the biggest fan of the colour scheme - as per usual with Lego's Technic sets). It's down to $136, and RRP of $170 already seems like a pretty good deal considering it retails for $120 in the states. Think I'll leave it for now, but it's something I'll be keeping an eye on in future :classic:

There's too many good sets out at the moment! 10225 R2-D2 and 10226 Sopwith Camel are both great looking sets too. Good thing they'll hopefully still be around for the next couple of years.

I picked up the Sopwith Camel last week from Toyworld Albany. $150-nice little discount. Beautiful model. Very swoosh-able :laugh:

Hopefully it's successful enough so that we get a redo of the Red baron tri-plane too and then? Spitfire please!

Hi there,

Is there anyone is the Christchurch area who would be willing to collect a trade me lego purchase (assuming I win the auction) on my behalf and ship it to Auckland? Pick up would be from Mt. Pleasant area, and estimated weight would be about 3kg. I'll cover postage and a handling fee....:).

Please let me know ASAP if you can, as the auction closes tomorrow.

Cheers

Nick

Hi there,

Is there anyone is the Christchurch area who would be willing to collect a trade me lego purchase (assuming I win the auction) on my behalf and ship it to Auckland? Pick up would be from Mt. Pleasant area, and estimated weight would be about 3kg. I'll cover postage and a handling fee....:).

Cheers

Nick

Hey Nick, sorry im in Auckland so can't, hope you find someone from the CHCH region though! :)

Has anybody seen some particular good deals for the labour weekend?

No I havent seen anything, got all the junkmail today but no warehouse or toyworld magazines so couldn't see if there were any good deals...Hope there is though!

CF

Lego.com have free shipping on all orders over $120 at the moment until 8 December!!! That's a long time for such a good offer. I even tried it to make sure it wasn't a US only offer, and it went through to the NZ shopping cart as free shipping, so all good!

Hi there,

Cheers

Nick

Hey man.

How important is it? If its an insanely good deal that you just can't miss then I might be able to help you out, but Mt Pleasant is about half an hour drive from me (each way) so it would need to be a pretty good deal to be worth it :wink:

Flick me a PM or something if you like.

As for good deals over Labor Weekend, The only thing I've seen so far is 25% off toys at Farmers, and Toyco also has another 20% off sale (Love those guys!).

Wouldn't be out of the question for Toyworld to have another 20% off too. Then who knows about the Warehouse, they'll probably just put 20% off some sets that are't selling well :laugh:

Certianly nice that Lego S@H is having a good Free Shipping period.. But its a shame they don't really have any good deals.. Free shipping doesn't quite do enough by itself when NZ stores do 20% off on top of free postage anyway..

Certianly nice that Lego S@H is having a good Free Shipping period.. But its a shame they don't really have any good deals.. Free shipping doesn't quite do enough by itself when NZ stores do 20% off on top of free postage anyway..

True true, but I am considering getting the Haunted house and the Maersk train - both of which are not available in NZ ATM... And I'm pretty sure the Maersk train will never come to NZ retail, due to the same issues that prevented the Maersk container ships being sold in stores here. Im also getting a few PaB items that are tricky to get on BL in decent quantities.

Does anyone know if the Lego 9485 Cars ultimate racers set has been released in NZ yet?, I wan't to get one for my nephew for christmas but haven't seen one available yet. Been looking at a few on ebay, got to make up my mind and get one soon if it isn't.

Does anyone know if the Lego 9485 Cars ultimate racers set has been released in NZ yet?, I wan't to get one for my nephew for christmas but haven't seen one available yet. Been looking at a few on ebay, got to make up my mind and get one soon if it isn't.

Indeed, not sure if that is in NZ, or even if it's coming to NZ..

But if not, I'd head to bricklink where some sellers have it pretty cheap. If you're not a fan of BL, both TRU and B&N will ship it to NZ for you (I've grown to hate eBay, so naturally tend to reccomend Bricklink or other sites :wink: )

Good luck!

Hey guys, just signed up.

After constructing the VW camper last week I'm hooked on LEGO again. Haven't really constructed anything since I was a kid.

Keen to buy a few sets. Where is the best place to buy the Town Hall, Fire Station and Maersk train? Fishpond seem to have them quite cheap but I have heard mixed reviews about them.

May take advantage of the free delivery from the Lego online store.

Cheers

Edited by oddjob

Hey oddjob! Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here, make sure to head over here and make a topic and introduce yourself! :sweet:

Just from peoples experiences on fishpond, they can be pretty bad, but there are the times when someones Lego set has arrived but like 2 months later, so its kinda up to you. Currently i'd recommend Toyco, they have a 20% off sale storewide and shipping is fixed price at $6, not sure if they have the sets you want though, have a look though!

Warehouse may have a sale, i do know they have the series 7 collectible minifigures 3 for $10, but apart from that i don't know if they have any sales at the moment.

Have a look around online. Bricklink which is the world wide lego haven may be your best/cheapest method, that is if your happy to buy from overseas and all, as i said, have a look round and post here if you need any help. There's plenty of nice NZers ready to help. :sweet:

Cheers

CF

Toyco have the big building sets (town hall, pet shop, fire station), as well as some of the other special sets (dunno about the train), but these are specifically excluded from their sales (at least if you are purchasing in store).

Cheers guys.

My flatmate is off to Honolulu tomorrow for a week so I am franticaly thinking about which lego she should bring back for me.

Limited back space doesn't help the decision!

also check out thewarehouse.co.nz....their online store has the bigger sets which goes on sale too

there is also iqtoys and mighty ape...their prices are not as sharp but the service is good