CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

A few words on the accuracy of the minifigs. If you look at the following picture, you'll see that the Turltes are different shades of green after all, or at least Mikey is:

8093009576_6d718574bc_z.jpg

And for those complaining that the Kraang doesn't look like he should, here's a reference pic. Looks pretty accurate to me, and they are only slightly taller than the turtles, so not really worth making the minifigs larger.

character-kraang.png

And here's an image of a Kraang Android. Also pretty accurate, although I think the Bruce Wayne hair would have been more accurate.

post-2028-0-32632600-1350423113_thumb.jpg

Oh, and note the manhole cover at the top of this pic. I think that may be included in the Sewer Lair set.

8093013676_c3ace39077_z.jpg

Awesome, thanks! Since they don't have watermarks, I'll go ahead and deeplink them:

post-2028-0-49554300-1350425419_thumb.jpg

post-2028-0-36607300-1350425447_thumb.jpg

Looks like I was right about the manhole cover. The Sewer Lair looks a bit all over the place, but overall pretty good. Lots of fun play features and useful parts. I'm especially loving that Shredder dummy. But who is that dark red guy supposed to be? Chris Bradford?

The Stealth Shell looks pretty good too and it's nice to see that we're getting Fishface.

This theme is turning out pretty good.

The Turtle's Lair looks pretty bad tbh. At least the cheap set looks pretty good and a good selection of minifigs. I will only buy the sets needed to complete the TMNT team. I'm already saving for the batman and the hobbit sets.

Fishface is freakin' sweet!

The box art makes things look a bit confusing but the sewer set looks alright. The wooden steps on the spiral staircase is a nice touch. The tree inside the sewer puzzles me but then I've not seen the show. Turtles are definitely becoming part of my city. Those DC and Marvel superheroes can take a hike.

I like that shredder-ish practice dummy. Looks like it might have a different color helmet? Not familiar enough.

I don't love the Stealth Shell. But I love Fishface and his jetski.

I'm not totally in love with the Lair, but I'll get it just for the Splinter figure and the parts it provides...the Shredder Dummy and manhole covers are great touches and it can get augmented easily enough.

Does anyone else find it strange that Donatello doesn't come with any of the Turtle vehicles (which he built) or the Lair (which includes his workshop)? Oh well, I guess he'll be in the Kraang Lab Escape.

The tree inside the sewer puzzles me but then I've not seen the show.

It's fairly accurate; there is indeed a big tree in the Turtles' dojo, presumably planted by Splinter.

I like that shredder-ish practice dummy. Looks like it might have a different color helmet? Not familiar enough.

Yes, it definitely looks darker. Not sure if it's dark pearl gray or some kind of brown, but either way it's a nice color variation to have.

Why are we getting a Foot Soldier in every set?! Not matter I will have an army of them, yes!

Because they're awesome and the most common of Shredder's henchmen and we do need an army of them. :wink: At least the one in the Shellraiser set has a different outfit.

Does anyone else find it strange that Donatello doesn't come with any of the Turtle vehicles or the Lair (which includes his workshop)? Oh well, I guess he'll be in the Kraang Lab Escape.

Yeah, I'm still betting this is based on the first two episodes. I imagine it'll have Don, April, probably one other turtle, some Kraangs, maaaaaybe April's Dad, and a brick built Snakeweed.

Yeah, I'm still betting this is based on the first two episodes. I imagine it'll have Don, April, probably one other turtle, some Kraangs, maaaaaybe April's Dad, and a brick built Snakeweed.

Hm, a brick-built Snakeweed would be pretty interesting and make sense. I hope it comes with Mikey so that we only have to get that set and the Lair to get all the turtles, but somehow I doubt TLG is going to make it so easy for us.

There's two Raphs and two Leos and they have different facial expressions from themselves. I'm guessing that with the amount of sets we're getting we'll get 8 turtles, two versions of each (different mouth prints, maybe pupils if we're lucky).

It's fairly accurate; there is indeed a big tree in the Turtles' dojo, presumably planted by Splinter.

Aha, of course, Splinter. Makes sense now. :sweet:

There's two Raphs and two Leos and they have different facial expressions from themselves. I'm guessing that with the amount of sets we're getting we'll get 8 turtles, two versions of each (different mouth prints, maybe pupils if we're lucky).

Yeah, I think and hope so too, especially since I'm not too fond of the versions of Donnie and Mikey that we've seen so far. I'm guessing there will be one Donnie in the Dragon Bike, along with Shredder and maybe a Foot Soldier, and one in the Kraang Lab Escape together with the second version of Mikey and some Kraangs. I still don't think we'll get April, at least not in this wave, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I LOVE the sewer lair as it is pure awesome sauce. Kinda disappointed that Don isn't in any of these sets, as I plan on getting the Lair and Shellraiser for sure. The Stealth Shell's build is somewhat lacking, but it has a great villain and a Foot soldier for probably $12. Not too shabby. I did a bit of research on who the red dude was in the Sewer lair but couldn't come up with anything. Too bad it's not the Sewer King. Hopefully he will show up in a set in the future.

I hope we don't get Snakeweed. There are a lot of things about the new show that I really like, but the new mutant villains and their poor designs aren't one of them.

Yeah, I think and hope so too, especially since I'm not too fond of the versions of Donnie and Mikey that we've seen so far. I'm guessing there will be one Donnie in the Dragon Bike, along with Shredder and maybe a Foot Soldier, and one in the Kraang Lab Escape together with the second version of Mikey and some Kraangs. I still don't think we'll get April, at least not in this wave, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I too would love to see an April minifigure as I really like this incarnation of her. But it being a boy's toy and all, typically the female characters are pushed to the side sadly.

Ooh, I really like the new sets. But..

- The Lair looks odd to me. I don't quite get why there's a pizza parlor underground and why there's a toolshop (I haven't seen the new series so sorry if these are obvious questions..)

- The "Stealth Shell" looks kinda blocky to me.

These sets are.. cool, they're just odd to me. I'd really like an April minifig.

-Sci

Ooh, I really like the new sets. But..

- The Lair looks odd to me. I don't quite get why there's a pizza parlor underground and why there's a toolshop (I haven't seen the new series so sorry if these are obvious questions..)

- The "Stealth Shell" looks kinda blocky to me.

These sets are.. cool, they're just odd to me. I'd really like an April minifig.

-Sci

Don can make anything. A Pizza Parlor is easy.

SO it looks like lego is making us buy several different sets to be able to get all four turtles since none so far that I have seen came with all of them.

I did a bit of research on who the red dude was in the Sewer lair but couldn't come up with anything.

Like I said before, it's probably supposed to be Chris Bradford who followed the turtles into the sewer in the latest episode. His headgear is not very accurate, though, as it is supposed to be made of metal, not cloth. The general shape is there, but they could have at least made it (dark) gray. Hopefully it's a preliminary stand-in, but I'm not holding my breath.

The rear wheels, they look like this part, right?

Looks like it.

I don't quite get why there's a pizza parlor underground and why there's a toolshop (I haven't seen the new series so sorry if these are obvious questions..)

As I already explained, the workshop is where Donatello builds all the turtle vehicles and gear. The pizza oven is probably the only inaccurate part of the set as I think the turtles get their pizza from the surface world, but it's not completely implausible for them to have one, and I guess it was included to add another play feature.

By the way, I'm disappointed that the pizza is the regular old yellow kind and not tan like the promo picture we saw earlier. Again, hopefully it's preliminary, but I don't think so since the set looks pretty final. :sceptic:

I wonder which set Shredder will be in though...

I think it's safe to say that he'll come in 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike. :tongue:

I like the top set. (Turtle wearing red bandana chasing after shark guy. Sry, I don't watch TMNT.)

What's your guess for the price of that set (in USD)? $10? $20?

Edited by gundamz