Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

This silence is scaring me a little.

how loud are your headphones? I was like "hello,... how are you? ...hello....how are you?..." at waitangi yesterday.

yeah the silence is getting to me too, i don't like it.

how loud are your headphones? I was like "hello,... how are you? ...hello....how are you?..." at waitangi yesterday.

yeah the silence is getting to me too, i don't like it.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were just saying hello over and over, but yeah, I tend to play my music really loud.

It's not too bad. . . here are the post counts for the top few (just the ones who have over 100 posts in the Avalonian thread): ZCerberus 216 Legonardo 201 Captain BeerBeard 200 de Gothia 185 MikeyB 161 Cadarnold Schwarzenegger 145 Zach Mills 118 rogueang 106

The top Kaliphlin only has 180 (Nice Marmot).

how did you count that?

HaHa, I started at the begining and counted one by one. . . no, you can actually click on the section next to a topic that says "68 (of course, it could be any number) replies" and it will show you a list of who replied how many times. I discovered that by accident. :wink:

HaHa, I started at the begining and counted one by one. . . no, you can actually click on the section next to a topic that says "68 (of course, it could be any number) replies" and it will show you a list of who replied how many times. I discovered that by accident. :wink:

Neat! Thanks for sharing that :thumbup: And I think everyone is busy build for Challenge V or just busy with life :classic:

Neat! Thanks for sharing that :thumbup: And I think everyone is busy build for Challenge V or just busy with life :classic:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool. (Had to show it off. . . :tongue::laugh: )

I do most of my browsing on my phone, and I'm still getting used to the new format, but I haven't been able to reply via my phone, so that keeps me from commenting much. As of today, I can start replying, so that should help a bit.

Also, I've been really busy with work and family for the last couple of weeks, so that's kept me from building. Hopefully soon though...

- It is REALLY nice that I'm automatically taken to the last post on a thread - big plus to the new formus :thumbup:

For something specific? Or for contributions in general? PM me if you have something we need to discuss!

Also, why are you seeking the recognition from me specifically. Is it a history thing that requires a regulator?

Edited by ZCerberus
Seeking some specifics.

- It is REALLY nice that I'm automatically taken to the last post on a thread - big plus to the new formus :thumbup:

That happened to me before the upgrade, too. Maybe it's something about your settings?

@ZC I won't be coming back until I get proper recognition. That's final.

I'm really hoping you're not saying this seriously. You're one of the most talented builders around here. I may not know you too well with me being here only for a relatively short time, but I've seen your MOCs, and I think they're brilliant! I hope you think this decision over.

Hi guys niku still here, i dont have agood connection service but will try to post more often the good thing i have a couple of mocs.greetings :)

Rage.

I just found out that the BL order I was supposed to be getting any day now hasn't so much as been payed for. I was supposed to be getting those pieces months ago, and while I wait, all of the pieces I have are beng used in the unfinished project. If you were in my situation, would you guys wait out the pieces, even if it took until christmas, or just start a new build from scratch?

start new one, I don't use BL and just use what I have in my collection but I still say start a new build.

And post wip pictures so we can see the unfinished piece!

Edited by Legonardo

Okay. I think I will then.

On the thought of BL, have you seen any of the local BL stores? I saw that there was a store in Wellington that has a reasonable stock of pieces.

:wall:

I won't tell you about my manual daily counting of posts in Mafia Games now.

Edited by PsyKater

Okay. I think I will then.

On the thought of BL, have you seen any of the local BL stores? I saw that there was a store in Wellington that has a reasonable stock of pieces.

no but I'll take a look, I won't buy anything for a while, I have heaps of stuff to save for, and then the hobbit sets are coming...

no but I'll take a look, I won't buy anything for a while, I have heaps of stuff to save for, and then the hobbit sets are coming...

Oh, I know right! So many dwarves, so many elves, so many useful pieces!

Oh, I know right! So many dwarves, so many elves, so many useful pieces!

Yeah, although it annoys me how much the elf ears stand out when you put them on yellows :sceptic:

they are great though, you going to the red carpet next month?

Yeah, although it annoys me how much the elf ears stand out when you put them on yellows :sceptic:

they are great though, you going to the red carpet next month?

Most definately, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I've been finding that with the LOTR sets out, I've had a harder time deciding wether to make my figs flesh or yellow. The positives of yellow is that it means there is a larger selection of parts that fit the theme, but flesh have the advantage of a whole line of sets right now building up the range of avaliable parts, where as we have to rely on CMF to get new castle pieces that are compatible with yellow figures.

Yeah, I am hoping to get mirkwood and Wargs, I would love bagend/goblin/barrels but NZ $160 on those 2 sets is enough... I need more money.

once I have those I will consider switching to flesh, by then I should have a small variety oh faces + I can use my elvish hair.

oh and maybe see you there :tongue: I'll be going the day before though, you know me I'm short, I want to get in the frontish area so I can actually see something :laugh:

Yeah, I am hoping to get mirkwood and Wargs, I would love bagend/goblin/barrels but NZ $160 on those 2 sets is enough... I need more money.

once I have those I will consider switching to flesh, by then I should have a small variety oh faces + I can use my elvish hair.

oh and maybe see you there :tongue: I'll be going the day before though, you know me I'm short, I want to get in the frontish area so I can actually see something :laugh:

Actually, that thought never crossed my mind. I don't know where I'll be at that point as far as exams go, but I think it would be worth getting there the night before.

I wonder where GoH will be when the hobbit sets are released? Ideally, in the middle of a war that has ever single member, and more involved.

Actually, that thought never crossed my mind. I don't know where I'll be at that point as far as exams go, but I think it would be worth getting there the night before.

I wonder where GoH will be when the hobbit sets are released? Ideally, in the middle of a war that has ever single member, and more involved.

Unfortunatly its in the middle of a school week, I'll probably wag though, Exams will be over.