CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I think that's a bit pointless seeing they have released three out of the five sets have been revealed (60%) and these two sets will probably be the big sellers.

So release those pictures fools!! :laugh:

My point exactly!

I think if you do see any Thor sets then it won't be until January 2014, as the movie doesn't come out until November.

I have so many thoughts about next year like; What will the Comic Con figures be?

Will there be another hulk like promotion and if so what figure?

Is there a secret Marvel set?

Since we DC got a game and dictionary will Marvel get the same next year?

Eh I want to see a Lego Batman 3 before a Lego Avengers (just cause they should finish up one LEGO comic book video game series before starting on another).

DC Universe in 2012 has been great, and I especially love 6857... but in 2013, I have a few opinions about the sets.. (I don’t collect Marvel, for the most part).

10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum - I love this set. I can’t wait to get it; after seeing the designer video, I like the interchangeable tiles for the Joker and Scarecrow cells. One thing I don’t understand is why there is one for Poison Ivy. Other than that, I really enjoy it, and the set will probably be better in person than it is in photos (like all sets :P)

I assume Ivy's in there as a throwback to the original Arkham set along with Scarecrow.

I assume Ivy's in there as a throwback to the original Arkham set along with Scarecrow.

Yeah, considering the designer's mentor was the one who made the original.

But he's reffering to the tiles the you can change Scarecrow and Joker's with, there's four, Two-Face, Penguin, and oddly for Ivy and Freeze, though they have their own specialized cells,

Yeah, considering the designer's mentor was the one who made the original.

But he's reffering to the tiles the you can change Scarecrow and Joker's with, there's four, Two-Face, Penguin, and oddly for Ivy and Freeze, though they have their own specialized cells,

I know. It's wierd. I wish they had put a tile in for bane, catwoman or even Harley.

I know. It's wierd. I wish they had put a tile in for bane, catwoman or even Harley.

Or Riddler or some villan that the could eventually make!

They really need to start printing all the way around the Minifigure heads. It's weird how his mask is cut off on the sides.

just some close ups on the bat and tumbler (sort of)

http://lego.wikia.co...le:NYCC_043.JPG

http://lego.wikia.co...le:NYCC_042.JPG

and bane's back printing

http://lego.wikia.co...le:NYCC_013.JPG

The Bat looks better in the picture than I thought.

Could you tell whether you could fit a minifigure inside the Tumbler? It looks like you could, but I haven't seen the actual model.

"Could you tell whether you could fit a minifigure inside the Tumbler? It looks like you could, but I haven't seen the actual model."

well i didnt find any pics of that but i think so. But the box looks like it does, you can see a minifig so i think so

Edited by TDKR2012

The Bat looks better in the picture than I thought.

Could you tell whether you could fit a minifigure inside the Tumbler? It looks like you could, but I haven't seen the actual model.

The Tumbler looks better in person too! Yes it can fit Bane, you lift the top up and insert him. But yeah, they didn't have him in it at CC cuz they wanted to show what he looked like.

Eh I want to see a Lego Batman 3 before a Lego Avengers (just cause they should finish up one LEGO comic book video game series before starting on another).

They could do them at the same time, just as with Lego Batman 2 and Lego LOTR.

I actually don't mind the blue on the Bat... but I decided to to see what it looked like in all black anyway. :tongue:

2644836-screen_shot_2012_10_13_at_1.45.jpg

While I think it makes the Bat look nice, I could've gone either way with it having the blue or not, but as said earlier the blue was probably thrown on to make it look more attractive on the shelfs.

Without the blue, it looks more classic, like the early 1990s version of Batman.

With the blue, it looks more high-tech and futuristic.

I actually don't mind the blue on the Bat... but I decided to to see what it looked like in all black anyway. :tongue:

2644836-screen_shot_2012_10_13_at_1.45.jpg

While I think it makes the Bat look nice, I could've gone either way with it having the blue or not, but as said earlier the blue was probably thrown on to make it look more attractive on the shelfs.

That looks ALOT better without the blue. I know what I'm doing. :D

Or Riddler or some villan that the could eventually make!

I forgot Riddler! Yes! Of course.

Part of it makes me think that TLG is planning on realeasing an ad-on at some point, like they did for Hogwarts. But I'm not sure...

Huh, the pictures of the Tumbler and Bat make it look a little more promising than the box art. The Tumbler looks less like a buggy and more like an armored tanky vehicle. The Bat I'm still eh about as a Batman vehicle, but I'd simply MOD it for my Space setup. Might have to wait until it's released or at least higher quality pics before I write this thing off, it'll be a while after it's released in America before it makes its way down here

Both the bat and tumbler have grown on me, plus it looks like you can fit 2 minifigs in the bat's cockpit

Pity, we didn't get a Catwoman in the set as well so she can ride along with Batman. :wink:

They really need to start printing all the way around the Minifigure heads. It's weird how his mask is cut off on the sides.

They actually have with Lobot, a Star Wars character.

They actually have with Lobot, a Star Wars character.

Which is why I don't get why they didn't do it for Bane. Maybe there still testing it out and Lobot was a perfect test subject?

Which is why I don't get why they didn't do it for Bane. Maybe there still testing it out and Lobot was a perfect test subject?

As far as I'm aware the old Lobot that came way back around 2001 had the same printed sides as well. I think the problem is that it isn't easy to do. On YouTube there's a video called How its made: LEGO. They show you how they print on a minifigure and its with a rubber stamp. From the look of the video it's from 2001 and I'm not sure if lego prints the same way anymore. I think that the all the way round would be difficult. Just look at the Astromech droids that are commonly misprinted. The print will a lot of the time be crooked or misaligned. I sure that LEGO only do it when they have to because of quality control issues.

Awe that's sad :sad: Spidey is in desperate need of full head printing as well!

Also, that all black BAT looks great! Hopefully that will be an easy MOD with the actual set :thumbup:

As far as I'm aware the old Lobot that came way back around 2001 had the same printed sides as well. I think the problem is that it isn't easy to do. On YouTube there's a video called How its made: LEGO. They show you how they print on a minifigure and its with a rubber stamp. From the look of the video it's from 2001 and I'm not sure if lego prints the same way anymore. I think that the all the way round would be difficult. Just look at the Astromech droids that are commonly misprinted. The print will a lot of the time be crooked or misaligned. I sure that LEGO only do it when they have to because of quality control issues.

Right, but a rounded pieces in general are hard to print on. But I'm sure Lego has come along way in almost 12 years, the new detailed printing on figures proves that. But the also become really detailed in their sets as well.

They could do them at the same time, just as with Lego Batman 2 and Lego LOTR.

I was assuming they'd also be working on a Lego Hobbit game (upcoming series is a trilogy in case you aren't aware :D)

BTW the Bat looks better without all the blue for me.

Edited by coolguy2323