CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

my thoughts:

not getting the Marvel sets (maybe the spider cycle set)

Arkham: 0_0 wow. But at $210!!!! sorry arkham i have to skip you

The Bat and Tumbler: i kinda like this set, i dont mind the blue but im defenetly taking the front and roof stickers off the tumbler

Mr Freeze and Batman: Must have. cheap and awesome!

I have to admite, I am pretty dissapointed in this wave at the moment. I know I can't make my final judgements at the moment, but so far, I think the only purchase for me this wave will be the Spider Man vs. Venom set. Its a pretty cheap set that includes some great well-known minifigs. Although this wave doesn't have much for me, I think its a good thing because it means that I can save up for next wave and hopefully purchase a set or two from that wave concering Iron Man 3. Nice find by the way Breno-bbc, I think your absoultey correct about about the images from the SDCC, this gives me hope that we can except some Thor sets this upcoming year too.

Why would TLG use so much blue on the BAT?

Because all-black models have less shelf appeal than models with more complex color schemes. A fully-accurate version of the Bat would thus have been largely unfeasible. I suppose some people might have been happier if a neutral color like dark stone grey (dark bley) were used as an accent rather than something as bright as was chosen, but I think everyone should be quite grateful that TLG chose a subdued primary color like bright blue for the accent color rather than their typical go-to accent color for Bat-vehicles, bright yellow.

Edited by Aanchir

Has any actually pictures of the sets at NYCC 2012 shown up? I want to see some closeups...

DC Universe in 2012 has been great, and I especially love 6857... but in 2013, I have a few opinions about the sets.. (I don’t collect Marvel, for the most part).

10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum - I love this set. I can’t wait to get it; after seeing the designer video, I like the interchangeable tiles for the Joker and Scarecrow cells. One thing I don’t understand is why there is one for Poison Ivy. Other than that, I really enjoy it, and the set will probably be better in person than it is in photos (like all sets :P)

76001 The Bat Vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase - I like the figures of set, yes. But the Tumbler looks a little too small. Something that stood out to me instantly was the wheel coverings of the front two wheels of the Tumbler. The old one looked more realistic and had a lot of amazing detail...but here we have two little flaps. Amazing, eh? The Bat looks okay, and it has a few nice pieces, but I will get this set...

Batman Vs. Mr. Freeze: Since I haven’t seen images yet, if there are any right now, I have no idea what to say. I hope that the Batboat is the one I am thinking of; the video game one. That would look great. I also hope there is an ice prison just like the 2006 Batcave did, and I can only imagine how Mr. Freeze’s vehicle is going to look like. I am still going to get this set, whether or not it sucks or not. I want to collect all the DC Universe sets, whether or not they appeal...

I don’t really collect Marvel, and while I am probably not going to get it, I have a brief thought about the Daily Bugle...

It looks nice, and I think it looks very appealing. Three stories...wow! A nice building, for that matter. The figures looks nice, and we get a JJJ, and also another Spider-Man. I will probably not get this, and I said before, but it looks nice and if I got it as a gift, I would probably keep it if I have all the DC sets...otherwise I would return it and stuff lol.

So there are my thoughts!

Hey, does anyone know what the image of LEGO Batman: The Video Game says on the Tumbler and Bat box? I want to know what it says; it looks important. :P

Hey, does anyone know what the image of LEGO Batman: The Video Game says on the Tumbler and Bat box? I want to know what it says; it looks important. :P

I think it says "Download Code Included" whatever that means. Could it be that there will be DLC for TDKR characters and/or vehicles for Lego Batman 2? :oh: That would be really cool to drive the Bat or Tumbler through Gotham City after building the set!

Oh my gosh I really hope it comes with DLC for Lego Batman 2! It may include some TDKR characters as well like Bane and Chris Nolan Joker :sweet:! So I think I am a bit lost. I have seen the Bat and the Racers car Tumbler, the Daily Bugle and the Arkham Asylum. Have I missed anything?

Edited by Wall E2624

Oh my gosh I really hope it comes with DLC for Lego Batman 2! It may include some TDKR characters as well like Bane and Chris Nolan Joker :sweet:! So I think I am a bit lost. I have seen the Bat and the Racers car Tumbler, the Daily Bugle and the Arkham Asylum. Have I missed anything?

Nope, you're all caught up. Though I wonder why they used the first game Batman and Robin thing.

Hmm...I guess I missed some pics over the last day or so, bummer. The Daily Bugle looks great, can't wait to see the other side/interior! I just might add this to my town layout. Despite their size, I like the DKR set. The blue is a bit odd, but that's fine, it's not bad.

That DLC could be really fun. Just running around the town as nolan characters (hopefulle also a catwoman, seeing as they have deprived us of a figure) makes me salivate.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is a discussion for the game thread probably.

So we're not seeing the Batboat Chase set at NYCC? That's lame!

Nope, they were only going to show the largest of bothe waves. Since Arkham's been revealed, they went with the second biggest, the Tumbler set. For Marvel they revealed the Bugle, sorry. Though at this point , they might as well reveal them, we have three/ fourths of the wave, kinda pointless to keep the hiddened now.

"Download Code Included"...huh? Sounds very awesome, and I hope it is for Batman 2. Maybe they didn’t use the Batman 2 image because the cover was too complicated compared to the other one...? I don’t know, but it would be nice if it was compatible with all systems (which I think it is)...and I hope it’s some decent characters, like TDKR Bane or Batman. Or the vehicles...the Bat or the Tumbler.

I just noticed it said "LEGO Batman" right above the Download Code Included...I hope it works for Batman 2, because to me, the first one isn’t worth getting...and everyone likes the second one :P

Edited by Bobstapwns

Was it confirmed Arkham is $210? Where?

In Canada. :wink:

So we're not seeing the Batboat Chase set at NYCC? That's lame!

What Batboat Chase? You mean Aquaman On Ice? I don't think that was ever said to be revealed.

"Download Code Included"...huh? Sounds very awesome, and I hope it is for Batman 2. Maybe they didn’t use the Batman 2 image because the cover was too complicated compared to the other one...? I don’t know, but it would be nice if it was compatible with all systems (which I think it is)...and I hope it’s some decent characters, like TDKR Bane or Batman. Or the vehicles...the Bat or the Tumbler.

I just noticed it said "LEGO Batman" right above the Download Code Included...I hope it works for Batman 2, because to me, the first one isn’t worth getting...and everyone likes the second one :P

Yeah, it would be odd if it's for the sequel as they're using the picture and title of the first game... Maybe it's for downloading the PC version of the first game? :look: Unlikely, but wouldn't surprise me, seeing as that game is on clearance currently.

Yeah,whatever you want to call it,why not reveal it at NYCC,they already revealed the minifigs!

As Neville said, they probably just wanted to reveal the bigger sets.

I think that's a bit pointless seeing they have released three out of the five sets have been revealed (60%) and these two sets will probably be the big sellers.

So release those pictures fools!! :laugh:

@BAmaster1

Yes ,but we found out that was Iron Man 3 malibu mansion.

And welcome to Eurobricks.

Edited by Jackattack7

@BAmaster1

Yes ,but we found out that was Iron Man 3 malibu mansion.

And welcome to Eurobricks.

Oh, okay. And thank you.

I have to admite, I am pretty dissapointed in this wave at the moment. I know I can't make my final judgements at the moment, but so far, I think the only purchase for me this wave will be the Spider Man vs. Venom set. Its a pretty cheap set that includes some great well-known minifigs. Although this wave doesn't have much for me, I think its a good thing because it means that I can save up for next wave and hopefully purchase a set or two from that wave concering Iron Man 3. Nice find by the way Breno-bbc, I think your absoultey correct about about the images from the SDCC, this gives me hope that we can except some Thor sets this upcoming year too.

I think if you do see any Thor sets then it won't be until January 2014, as the movie doesn't come out until November.

I have so many thoughts about next year like; What will the Comic Con figures be?

Will there be another hulk like promotion and if so what figure?

Is there a secret Marvel set?

Since we DC got a game and dictionary will Marvel get the same next year?