Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Open again!

Yay! EB is back!

The whole upgrade is great. I'm sure all your hard work is starting to pay off. :sweet:

Out of curiosity, how is Eurobricks archived? I.E. is it saved in a human-readable format, or can the information ONLY be restored to a new forum? I'm asking because I've wanted to save versions of all the Heroica Quests onto my computer for some time now (to try to write them into a storybook-like format), but most of the methods I'd have to do that would pretty much require a week's worth of work for EACH Quest topic; not exactly possible to do in one's spare time. :wink:

Great work on getting the forum back up! :classic:

I was starting to wonder what was going on. :grin:

Yay! It's like Christmas! minus the Lego sets. :laugh: You guys rock! Thanks for fixing the site! I'm glad to be back. :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

It´s pretty crazy how addicted you can get of a website! :blush: So glad EB is up and running! :wub:

It´s pretty crazy how addicted you can get of a website! :blush: So glad EB is up and running! :wub:

Tell me about it, in the last 4 days I have had so much building time I am beginning to get board of it :tongue:

Is the provider at fault for the corruption?

The board wasn't corrupt at the time of the backup, their backup was. Oh, and they're still charging for the privilege of having a corrupt backup restored.

I'm less than pleased with them.

I feel like I just went through detox "cold turkey" (*shudder*) I'm so glad you guys are back and thank you for continuing to supply us with our daily dose of LEGO banter.

The board wasn't corrupt at the time of the backup, their backup was. Oh, and they're still charging for the privilege of having a corrupt backup restored.

I'm less than pleased with them.

Isn't it time to move on then? I mean first there is The Big Bang (I sure hope all those high energy physicists were looking very close on this one - we have actually witnessed the big bang! So this resolves the mystery: Yes there is life before the big bang, it takes about 5 days of darkness and then there is light again ...) then they behave like - well - and then it takes how many days to get an envelope from Germany to Belgium, which is right around the corner???

I don't know, but if I want to send stuff securely from Germany lets says to the US I am using TNT Courier Service, pay 70€ and sure know that this envelope is handed over the next day (or the day after, depending on when you sent it) to the hands of the person I adressed it to. Jeez, this is the year 2012, right?

Anyway, I am very thankful for all your efforts in getting this up and running again. Simply amazing. As so many people said before: You guys rock.

Regards,

Thorsten

Just found a weird problem.....while looking at a past topic all the font on that topic is much smaller then the standard now.Also that has affected the signatures.

Just found a weird problem.....while looking at a past topic all the font on that topic is much smaller then the standard now.Also that has affected the signatures.

The topic has the font explicitly set to size '2', which used to be the standard font size. The default size has increased with the upgrade though. All the topics that don't have the font size explicitly set have their font size increased to the new default automatically.

Oh sorry for wasting your time.It just looks so weird at the time I thought it might be a bug.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

As the posts of the last days has been lost, I report here some of the issues I've found:

• When I write a post, if I switch from the "rich editor" to the standard one, buttons in the toolbar become gray and it is not possible to use that.
  • It seems that in the new forum each post can contain only about 85000 characters before the BBcode stop working. This is a huge problem for index posts, as previous limit was about 200000 characters.
  • "Description" field under topics' title is not present anymore. All the descriptions has been lost?

Hi Everyone,

Yes we are open again after some days of downtime. Due to an unfortunate incident we lost 5 days of posts and are now running a backup from last week Wednesday. We are very very sorry for the loss of these 5 days and will do what we can from this happening ever again (it was the first time as far as I can remember).

Thanks for all your hard work. It's a real shame about the 5 days lost. :cry_sad:

The lost data includes the write-up of my new shunting loco that is packed with Power Functions, including zig-zag end, hidden IR Receiver, the new L-motor and a gearbox for 2 speed ranges and decoupling.

Had I known in advance that a server transfer was due, I might have taken my own copy of what I wrote, so as to be able to paste it in again. Redundant systems are standard practice for safety engineers! Ah well, I'll just have to write it up further when I take the loco-dismantled photos soon. :shrug_oh_well:

Mark

Had I known in advance that a server transfer was due, I might have taken my own copy of what I wrote, so as to be able to paste it in again.

The board upgrade was planned, but the server transfer was not. It was a result of the unexpected crash we had. I'm sure the admins would ahve let people know of the risks if there were any "planned" risks.

That's a bummer about your write up. I hope you find the time to redo it.

The board wasn't corrupt at the time of the backup, their backup was. Oh, and they're still charging for the privilege of having a corrupt backup restored. I'm less than pleased with them.

When a service provider fails to deliver satisfactory service I communicate with them via telephone and demand they provide compensation for failing to provide adequate service, usually in the form of a refund.

Perhaps this isn't applicable in this scenario or with providers outside of Australia, but so far I've had a 100% success rate.

Thanks for all your hard work. It's a real shame about the 5 days lost. :cry_sad:

The lost data includes the write-up of my new shunting loco that is packed with Power Functions, including zig-zag end, hidden IR Receiver, the new L-motor and a gearbox for 2 speed ranges and decoupling.

Mark, check your PM inbox :wink:

Request HERE to recover a lost topic (from the 5 day window).

Erm, hate to be a bother, but the Heroica subforum seems to be using the "LEGO Mafia and Role-Play Games" background image rather than the Heroica background image. :wink:

Erm, hate to be a bother, but the Heroica subforum seems to be using the "LEGO Mafia and Role-Play Games" background image rather than the Heroica background image. :wink:

It seems fine to me.

Hard refresh (F5) inside that forum will make you see the current graphics (you're seeing a version that's cached by your browser).

Ah, thanks! I should hard refresh for all the other forums as well, just in case. :wink: