CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

The Daily bugle looks better than I expected, but that isn't saying much. All I can say about that so called Dark Knight Rises set is that I hope Lego isn't proud of what they've done with something that could have been awesome set. I am disappointed Lego. :thumbdown:

The Bugle is a huge disappointment :sceptic: I love the figs, but the building itself leaves a lot to be desired!

Also I am not much into the DC stuff, but that Tumbler is a laughable size! :rofl: It isn't threatening, it's adorable!

The Bugle is a huge disappointment :sceptic: I love the figs, but the building itself leaves a lot to be desired!

Also I am not much into the DC stuff, but that Tumbler is a laughable size! :rofl: It isn't threatening, it's adorable!

how about the Bat?

bugle's pretty nice but the tumbler and Bat WHAT!?!?! Im defenetly calling Lego about this

I'm sure that's going to be a productive conversation.

The scale of the set is a little underwhelming, but the designs themselves are honestly pretty nice. Plus, that price point is very appealing - I applaud LEGO for going out of their way to keep the set affordable.

I actually enjoy the Bugle for it is a nice looking building that I can add to my city. :classic::thumbup:

On the other hand, that tumbler. Oh my, its god awful. I was at least hoping for a redesign of the older version, but just at a smaller and different colored scale. I could even build a better version with spare pieces and my eyes closed. This has to be the biggest disappointment for me from lego in a long time. :sick::cry_sad:

I do understand that TLG needs to consider price when doing these sets. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The Blue Brick

The Bat is decent, but the Tumbler is weak, even given the scale and parts limitation. I think the windscreen is particularly unforgivable--even something as lame as a steeper windscreen with a sticker down the middle would have been better.

That said, I'll buy it for the parts and figures. Somehow I think TLG knew that would happen. :tongue:

I just realised. Not only is Batman in the habit of sticking his logo onto everything... but so is Bane! Look at the front and top of the tumbler, I am 99% certian that those are stickers of bane's mask. :rofl:

why couldn't they have just put some camo stickers on or something? It's hillarious

The Tumbler may be a disappointment, but after checking it over a few times the Bat looks rather nice. While I would have rather they left the blue off and kept it closer to the movie version, it does break up the monotony of building an all black set. It almost has a kind of a Batman Beyond vibe to it. Plus the set comes with Gordon in a freaking SWAT uniform. That alone makes the set worth $40. So if the Spiderman set is $50 (I swear I read that on another site today) then what will be the $70 price set for the SuperHero line?

They've got to protect their intellectual property with constant reminders of things like "Lego Bricks not Legos!" but instead "I'm Batman! See my logo on everything!"...

I don't really blame Lego for how the tumblers (both renditions) have turned out because it is a very complicated vehicle with all it's angles and moving plates, however;

1. Why is there so much blue on the BAT? He is called the "DARK Knight" isn't he? Not the Medium Trans-Blue Knight!

2. Why is banes mask snickered all over the tumbler?

3. And finally, is that the TDKR logo on the front of the BAT? What, is he promoting his own movie?

Whatever, I can leave off the stickers and fill in the blue with black, besides, I love the bugle set; all the minifigure are superb.

I don't really blame Lego for how the tumblers (both renditions) have turned out because it is a very complicated vehicle with all it's angles and moving plates, however;

1. Why is there so much blue on the BAT? He is called the "DARK Knight" isn't he? Not the Medium Trans-Blue Knight!

2. Why is banes mask snickered all over the tumbler?

3. And finally, is that the TDKR logo on the front of the BAT? What, is he promoting his own movie?

Whatever, I can leave off the stickers and fill in the blue with black, besides, I love the bugle set; all the minifigure are superb.

It's inspired by the movie, so Lego can have as much artistic license as they want. Plus they tried to make it comic booky and colorful to make a dark thing appeal to kids.

Lego has a nasty habit of often putting random colored blocks in their creations. I thought it was mostly gone but apparently this random blue stuff means it's still here.

The Tumbler may be a disappointment, but after checking it over a few times the Bat looks rather nice. While I would have rather they left the blue off and kept it closer to the movie version, it does break up the monotony of building an all black set. It almost has a kind of a Batman Beyond vibe to it. Plus the set comes with Gordon in a freaking SWAT uniform. That alone makes the set worth $40. So if the Spiderman set is $50 (I swear I read that on another site today) then what will be the $70 price set for the SuperHero line?

I think Arkham's the big set taking up the 60-160 dollar range, I don't think a 70 dollar exists.

Both the BAT and the Tumbler are dissapointing...

However the price seems rather reasonable so I might get it for the figures and parts...

Never wanted the Bugle and it doesn't excite me as much, though it's better than TDKR set..

Hmm, a bit disappointing. I think we kind of expected it, but the first wave of Batman was so nice... :distressed:

I haven't watched The Dark Knight Rises and probably won't for quite a while, but the vehicles look a bit blocky/weird. I think they could've perhaps made the Tumbler a bit bigger, if doing so would make it more detailed.

As for the Daily Bugle, no clue what's happening there. The building is okay but I have no idea what the jet thing is meant to be.

Oh well, let's hope the other Batman sets are better. Arkham Asylum is great, but that doesn't mean the rest should just be filler.

Oh well, let's hope the other Batman sets are better. Arkham Asylum is great, but that doesn't mean the rest should just be filler.

Uhm, the only other Batman set is the Mr. Freeze one, and let's be honest, how good can a $10-20 set with Aquaman be? :tongue:

I say let's hope the Spider-Cycle set turns out good since a lot of people will be buying that one for the figs.

The bat looks quit decent, it would be better if the blue parts were dark gray perhaps (if they relaly need to break up the black.)

The tumbler looks better than the first one but looks kindof CHIBI! x]

I say let's hope the Spider-Cycle set turns out good since a lot of people will be buying that one for the figs.

Spider-Cycle!! :excited: That's exactly what I am hoping to see this weekend! I really hope the cycle is more unique than Cap's and that Fury's flying car doesn't look too strange. It would be super nice if the car had moveable parts to convert (insert transformers noise here) to a flying car from a regular car!