LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

Edit: Beaten to it!

(Note to self: Don't spend 30 min composing a message.)

The morning before the forum crashed, the hot talk here was about a yellow Cinema that 'LegoCityMann' (of this forum) said to have seen in his Lego Store.

I thought it was interesting, so I had it printed out and will kind of restore it here. (LegoCityMann, PM me if you mind). FYI, the typos are mostly his:

Someone else then pointed out that the (real) cinema of the above image is located in Frogmoor Square, High Wycombe, UK.

Interestingly, a Lego Fan built exactly that cinema in March 2011, see http://www.flickr.co...gga/5493146098/ .

While Eurobricks was down, I stumbled upon a MOC that resembled the description from the person who overlooked a Lego store employee's computer (my apologies if I miscomprehended the story).

Here's a yellow Palace Cinema with a recessed opening and 4 adjacent doors:

5493146098_c3d59e4e19.jpglarge.jpg?1326046595

Here are some other historical Palace Cinemas:

8077064928_9918b51a42.jpg 8077043350_ab264e8835.jpg

Edited by RoxYourBlox

I really don't like the yellow. If that's what they're going with, I actually really might skip my first modular building. I guess I just have to wait to see what Lego actually does.

I really hope it isn't yellow, too.

But this one below would be grand (in a colour other than yellow)!

8077064928_9918b51a42.jpg

By the way, here is another example of a theatre like the ones above. This has people going into a theatre, a marquee (although generic), and cars on the street as well as windows between columns and posters in the windows like LegoCityMann seemingly describes. Palace Cinema, High Brickham

I was filling cups at the pick-a-brick behind the registers and it was on the monitor there. Got to look at it for about a minute or so before the cashier changed to the ordering screen.

By the way, here is another example of a theatre like the ones above. This has people going into a theatre, a marquee (although generic), and cars on the street as well as windows between columns and posters in the windows like LegoCityMann seemingly describes. Palace Cinema, High Brickham

This sounds like a case of an employee browsing the internet, curious like the rest of us.

Also, the postcard looks like a colorized black-and-white photo.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

By the way, here is another example of a theatre like the ones above. This has people going into a theatre, a marquee (although generic), and cars on the street as well as windows between columns and posters in the windows like LegoCityMann seemingly describes. http://www.flickr.co...gga/5773034713/

That is exactlly the pciture I saw! Wow, What a difference looking at it close up on my moniter vs 6 feet away from the register at the lego store. Glad to know it is not the official modular.

That is exactlly the pciture I saw! Wow, What a difference looking at it close up on my moniter vs 6 feet away from the register at the lego store. Glad to know it is not the official modular.

Thank goodness! I have new hope that the official modular will be good (and maybe not yellow)!

I think there is too much yellow/orange/red in the whole modular line. I definitely hope the next one could have some different color.

I wish I had the green grocer. :sad:

8077043350_ab264e8835.jpg

:wub:

edit: This one has a restaurant as well. Do you remember the LEGO Designer saying things about cooks?

Edited by PsyKater

I seriously doubt that yellow cinema buiding is an offical Lego set. Lego tend to add more colors and some cool detals to each set. Lego tend do it better than some of us give Lego credits for. Let wait and see an official pictures of Palace Cinemas posted. :)

I recall seeing someone's MOC that had yellow and some accent colors and it actually looked awesome. The yellow isn't always bad. Keep that in mind. Now that MOC above is way too much yellow, but I've seen it done nicely. I can't wait to see pictures.

Great news. Did not read this before.

Edited by PsyKater

Maybe it's not a coincidence that printed letter tiles are back. I can imagine those being used to construct the sign above the entrance.

Im very happy that yellow ugly building isnt new modular.So I still hope for something with more spectacular design.

Edited by Ondra

There hasn't been any of those colors as the main Modular color before... Dark Orange doesn't exactly count because it's not bright, loud color. It actually is a perfect color for a building.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Maybe it's not a coincidence that printed letter tiles are back. I can imagine those being used to construct the sign above the entrance.

I can imagine that they will include a set of these. Or at least have some spelling out a bricktacular movie or something! If not, it should be quite simple to MOD the set to include these.

I have seen the Town Hall in reality this weekend and I realized that it is Dark Orange not Bright Orange. On some pictures it seems to be the opposite. So my former statement that bright colours were already part of the modulars is not true at all.

:wub:

edit: This one has a restaurant as well. Do you remember the LEGO Designer saying things about cooks?

It was Jamie Berard, and he mentioned something about burnt soup...can't remember exactly.

Maybe it will be a corner theater with a diner attached to one side!?

I hear we might get the press release at Lego Fanwelt in Cologne around the 22nd. of November.

With a release, beginning of March. :wink:

It was Jamie Berard, and he mentioned something about burnt soup...can't remember exactly.

Here's the quote. ;)

Q: What's the next Modular Buildings set? I don't think you'll answer this one, it has to be a secret :-)

A: We have lots of secrets that we have to keep. Don’t tell anyone this secret, but I’m not a very good cook. I once managed to burn soup!

Maybe it will be a corner theater with a diner attached to one side!?

Now, that sounds like a suspiciously specific suggestion... =J

And I would be pleased with that. It sounds nice. =)

I can only hope that a cinema in the modar line does not use stickers for the movie posters. The modulars don't have stickers...

I can only hope that a cinema in the modar line does not use stickers for the movie posters. The modulars don't have stickers...

Like the new Horizon Express train, the stickers will probably be designed as an option.