TheDarkness

Show your LOTR pictures and armies

Now you just need 8x that same amount and you're full orc army like in the film is ready to siege helms deep properly.

I didn't plan on doing much LotR collecting, but my disposition quickly changed when there was a "Red-eye Discount" at Fred's last Saturday night. 25% off all Lego? Yes please!

1x Helm's Deep

3x Uruk-hai Army

I still haven't unpacked all my minifigs and put them on display like I had them last year, but with this set up, I might not bother. It's got just the right amount of stuff going on to serve as an eye-catching shelf display without cluttering things up. Maybe I'll rebuild the two extra ballistas into a siege tower, somehow.

8048550902_1c225b6950_c.jpg

8048545107_f3eceeb30c_n.jpg8048544993_cd95ab7b66_n.jpg8048544857_9ae6b0b0f5_n.jpg

Edited by swils

It's been a few months since I last posted my LotR army pictures. Since my last post in this thread got erased with the site crash/roll back, I figured I would post them again. These are my current armies, each almost double what I had last time I posted.

Rohan Army:

image8.jpg

image11.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Goblin and Troll Army:

image2.jpg

image5.jpg

Uruk-hai Army:

image4.jpg

image5-1.jpg

Full Evil Army:

image.jpg

image7.jpg

image8-1.jpg

I don't have any weapons in their hands because I am still in transition with a move and have not unpacked everything as of yet. Also not pictured are 2 uponened Orc Forge sets.

Edited by Deathleech

Only 80 orcs? Come on. That's like, a company. I'm not going to take you seriously until you have AT LEAST a regiment.

Just joking. I covet your legions. I have a grand total of eight, count'em eight, orcs. Now show us your guys marching out to Minas Tirith with their weapons and siege engines!

Only 80 orcs? Come on. That's like, a company. I'm not going to take you seriously until you have AT LEAST a regiment.

Just joking. I covet your legions. I have a grand total of eight, count'em eight, orcs. Now show us your guys marching out to Minas Tirith with their weapons and siege engines!

Hey, that's 83 if you count the 2 Mordor Orcs and Lurtz!

You kid, but my army probably pales in comparison to what some people have amassed by now. Heck, the person who started this thread had several more orcs than I currently do now and he had them months ago. I originally was only going to get 6, then 8, then 10 Uruk-Hai Army sets then some decent sales and such came along and I suddenly was up to 14. I would like one more and then I will be done for good... I think :laugh:

If there are some super good clearances later on I could see myself getting 5 or so more sets and bring my total to an even 20, but they would have to be 50%+ off. As is I am most happy with my Moria Orc army (which has grown by 4 more since these pictures). I haven't really seen any one going for them like I have people amassing Uruk-Hai armies so I thought it was a little more different and unique.

Some really impressive armies in here.

Here is a quick shot I took today. Strider fighting of two Uruk-Hai. Enjoy.

ranger01.jpg