wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Galadriel handing Celeborn the broom just cracked me up! Awesome video clip!

I think that TLG will not release the barrels nor the spider sets. If the second movie was coming in the summer perhaps they would, but it is a long time until December 2013.

I think they will come out with an exclusive rivendell to add to the other 4 sets making for a decent release. They may work out another couple of small (perhaps polybag) sets as well.

I always though there were more in the white counsel than those 4 characters.

I always though there were more in the white counsel than those 4 characters.

There are, but not many more. In the book it is made up of Gandalf, Elrond and the other 3 elven ring bearers, Radagast, and Saruman (pretty sure the 2 blue wizards weren't in it).

There are, but not many more. In the book it is made up of Gandalf, Elrond and the other 3 elven ring bearers, Radagast, and Saruman (pretty sure the 2 blue wizards weren't in it).

Gandalf, Elrond & Galadriel are the 3 Elven Rings Bearer.

Gandalf, Elrond & Galadriel are the 3 Elven Rings Bearer.

At one point or another, yes. Before that one ring was held be the elven king Gil-galad. His was given to Elrond after he died. Círdan, Gil-galad's lieutenant also bore one of the rings but it was later passed to Gandalf. Galadriel possesed her ring the entire time.

Edited by Deathleech

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how lego does the wargs, or rather what design they use, there seems to be varying degrees of fur on the wargs in the trailer.

Edited by deskp

Agreed Bilbo.I just want Elrond and Galadriel in all their minifigure glory. Last time Target had the LOTR sets up for pre-order first so I keep checking every few days juuuuuuust in case. :grin: Anybody sees them up for pre- order before me, let a brother know, aight?

Agreed Bilbo.I just want Elrond and Galadriel in all their minifigure glory. Last time Target had the LOTR sets up for pre-order first so I keep checking every few days juuuuuuust in case. :grin: Anybody sees them up for pre- order before me, let a brother know, aight?

Will do!

PS: like your country :thumbup:

Yehaa, forums are back, and today we should expect proper images from the new sets! waiting for the HQ ones.

These will have to do for now.

www.thehobbit.lego.com Is updated

8075637079_46faba2846_o.jpg

8075637049_fb01018dd6_o.jpg

8075629172_4171c8438b_o.jpg

Edited by deskp

Yes. Indeed. Looks like that site will preview some other sets as well.

October 15th will be Goblin King

October 22nd will be Riddles for the Ring

October 29th will be Warg Battle

November 5th will be Escape from Merkwood Spiders

November 12th will be Barrel Escape

First post will be updated with the information!

I also added the Dwarves that I believe are included in each set. I think I they are correct. Looks like LEGO put the rhyming names together- Kili and Fili in the Merkwood set and Gloin and Oin in the barrel set.

Yes. Indeed. Looks like that site will preview some other sets as well.

October 15th will be Goblin King

October 22nd will be Riddles for the Ring

October 29th will be Warg Battle

November 5th will be Escape from Merkwood Spiders

November 12th will be Barrel Escape

First post will be updated with the information!

I also added the Dwarves that I believe are included in each set. I think I they are correct. Looks like LEGO put the rhyming names together- Kili and Fili in the Merkwood set and Gloin and Oin in the barrel set.

The names rhymes because they are related, brothers cosins etc.

I have good quality official images of all minifigures.. and the sets except warg attack.

quick update, it'll be cleaned up when I find the time later. Enjoy!

1191ppu_th.png

edit: hmm tinypic.com seem to have resized the image to smaller than it really is...

Edited by deskp

The stud on dwalin's head is a little... well... i think it gives that minifig an unfinished look compared to the others.

^He's bald... I'd rather that than some type of 'bald cap'.

^^ Great picture! Where did you find official 'front on' pictures of all of them? I've been squinting at the set pictures until now. Such a great line up of new torsos, beards, and hair. Though realistically, unless they release in a battle pack all together... I'm not going to be able to collect them all. Looks like they've put Bifur's 'broken axe blade to the head' as part of his beard as well :sceptic::tongue::enough:

Edited by andhe

Yep, I'll be getting each and everyone of these sets, they're all excellent. I'm quite pleased with those pictures on the site too.

Strange that Bilbo has a much better choice of hair color (in my opinion) on his character bio page (http://thehobbit.leg...aracters/bilbo/) compared to the final product.

Thats not a chosie of hair, thats just how that image turned out, you can see all the colors are messed up in that image.

I would have liked a brown hair for hims aswell.

I am very excited for the hobbit sets. I will be getting all of them, Lord of the rings is the first theme I have done that with and all of the sets pictured here for the hobbit are great. I think that the Goblin King set is great, I really like the rope bridge part. also YAY for the different colored leafs for the trees now! I can't wait to get these sets.

The following site has set prices, minifigure names, and piece counts for all the sets except The Unexpected Gathering and Barrel Escape (which is a shame because the Barrel set is the one I am most unsure of the price, and the elf names would be nice!).

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-hobbit-2013-set-images/

It appears most of the sets are priced right where we thought, with Mirkwood Spiders being the only exception at $29.99 instead of $19.99-24.99. I guess that is to be expected though with it's decent piece count which is a little over 40 more than the Uruk-Hai Army came with (though 2 less minifigures and no horse). Riddles for the Ring seems to be a MUCH better deal than Gandalf Arrives what with 105 pieces (almost 20 more) and costing 3 less dollars. Then again it doesn't have a horse mold so I am sure that really upped the cost of Gandalf Arrives. The rest of the sets are pretty much exactly what everyone was expecting, and so are the figures. The only exceptions being that flesh colored orc is supposedly Azog in the Warg set, and I assume the "short" goblin in the Goblin King Battle is Scribe. I'm not sure if that is correct or not, especially since Azog is dead long before The Hobbit ever takes place.. but then again maybe PJ changed it so he dies in the Warg scene instead?

I have also heard The Unexpected Gathering will retail for $69.99. The person who made this claim said it was revealed through a game contest, but he never supplied any links and I couldn't find anything myself after searching the internet so take that for what you will. I will say though $69.99 seems much more realistic than the earlier quoted $59.99, I mean you get 6 minifigures, tons and tons of food pieces and accessories, and nearly a full hobbit hole!

Edited by Deathleech

Is anyone else pissed that they re-used the mordor orcs?

Yes! But I'm glad they made 3 unique prints for the goblins!

As a whole, I think the Hobbit sets are dissapointing compared to the LOTR sets. I do like some of the new pieces and color variations a great deal though, especially in that set with spiders. I think I'll get that one.

The figure designs are pretty impressive though, but not a factor for me due to nearly all of them being flesh.

I'm also a little bleh on the goblin head molds.. and whoever that lead goblin orc guy is on the white warg just looks awful. The goblin king is great, but it would b cooler if he could sit on his own throne.