Jakon

Hobbies

Well apart from LEGO my other hobbie is playing Guitar. However sometimes it get neglected when I get a load of bricks out. I also really enjoy watching films with friends. Something about seeing films with others really enhanced the experience.

I love animals, I play keyboard and drums and I am a big movie watcher! :classic:

Drums! :wub:

Also guitar playing, both electric and accoustic. Enjoying nature and wildlife, environmental activism and shooting.

Oh, and having a good one with my friends once in a while. :drunk:

Also guitar playing, both electric and accoustic. Enjoying nature and wildlife, environmental activism and shooting.

I hope enjoying nature and shooting aren't part of the same activity, otherwise it would be ironic that you're into environmental activism.

I'll start: Depends on the time of year and whether I can go out and brave the cold ... typically rotates amongst salt-water reef tank, lego (of course), Raspberry Pi, gardening, astro-photography.... and biking. Your turn!

Anything technical, including; lego, fixing up cars, computers (repairing, building and gaming), electronics, amateur radio (HAM), RC cars, and the list goes on...

Besides I'm refurbishing my house and working a lot of overtime... Did I mention the two kids?

Now do you understand why I don't present a lot of models? I simply can't take the time to fotograph/film them. =)

My only problem is I can't afford the time to do it all at once, so I usually have periods where I get a kick and prioritize one over the others. Lately (because it's summer) I've been spending a lot of time on the house and two of my three cars (One is strictly a hobby project, while the other two are in use to get us to and from work). Last time I had a kick at Lego was this spring, and I used all my spare time building for several weeks. Now I wanna go back and finish those builds, but I can't spare the time. :(

Looking forward to becoming a pensioner, in say about 35 years... :)

Among all this stuff I have going on, I have to say: I love Lego for it's creative challenges! And the fact my two sons are loving it as well. They are still to young (15 months and 4 years) to include in advanced Technic projects, but the love to play with my MOCs (the largest cause most get torn apart in short time).

-ED-

PS: I love LDD! It's great to just sit down behind a computer and model it when an idea strikes down...

Edited by Nazgarot

One picture (OK two) says more than a thousand words....

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

Popquiz: spot the LEGO models...

Ultimate 8043, jurgens backhoe v2... Too dark for the rest

I'm keen on motorcycles, own 2 bikes and ride them usually on Summer time, then cycling and photography.

I'll start:

Moved to Community and merged with an existing thread on the same topic.

Besides Lego, I'm addicted to the plastic crack hobby known as Warhammer/40k. Currently working on my Daemons of Chaos & branching out some Alpha Legion & a custom Chaos Marine warband as allies. Also (very slowly) building up some of the piles of Skaven I've accumulated... (damn those rats just don't stop multiplying!)

I started with LEGO, than came LEGO Technic. It has been a hobby that came and went throughout my live.

I've done rollerblading (no tricks, just medium long distances). Swimming, ice skating, mountainbiking. More than a year ago I started riding a recumbent bicycle. That's about it for sports.

I built a couple of custom bicycles. A firetruck red chopper, a plywood stretched cruiser, a plywood mother-bicycle with plywood seat and a wooden todler scooter. The red chopper and stretched cruiser are sold. I've heared that the stretched cruiser was stolen from the next owner, sadly.

I made a scanner camera (large format camera with a flatbed scanner at the back). The scans it makes are far from perfect, but I tinker on. I'm looking into making photographs on glow in the dark painted slates. It works, but again far from perfect.

Pics of various hobby projects are here: http://steven6773.de...034815?offset=0

Besides LEGO, photography is a lifetime hobby of me. I love listening to music but I don't know how to play or sing.

That's about it. Some hobbies come and go, but most seem to come back into my life one way or another.

Archery, airsoft, clay pigeon shooting, rally driving, wilderness survival, Warhammer (and 40k), music, chasing the perfect cup of tea, wine tasting, ale tasting, cider tasting, guitar, mountain biking, bouldering, Kung Fu (black belt), anything Star Wars related, anything DC or Marvel related, the list goes ever on. I make myself sound way more manly than I actually am. ;)