Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

Vee three. Changed the miss roll to "Rally Cry" and gave the Juggernaut a bit more of a HP boost.

Juggernaut

These hulking tanks hold rein over the battlefield.

Additional health: +14

Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.

Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Full Respite: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky next round. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.

Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.

3. Hit: The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Rally Cry: The Juggernaut makes a short yet touching rallying speech. All heroes have a 1 in 3 chance of being Encouraged next round.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

6. Special Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the opponent's special attack.

Thoughts?

I just realized Posion ivy had also made a Juggernuat class back on page 1... :blush:

Edited by Endgame

It's not bad. Simplistic, but based entirely around strength, like a more controlled Berserker.

Health should be +15, no reason a class based around offense/defense should have a lower bonus than both Dragoon and Beast Warrior. Full Respite should be renamed, there's already a job trait with that effect and it's called Restoration. Combat Evaluation is interesting, but kind of odd. I would replace/combine it with Rallying Cry, and combine that with Brief Moment of Respite to something like

4. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut takes a moment to regain strength and prepare for the coming fight. The Juggernaut is Encouraged for the next 3 rounds.

...And then you have an open Job Trait slot, but I wouldn't put in Track Down, like Scuba said, it doesn't make much sense. Also, the Weakened-effect should last for 3 rounds.

Other than that, I like it. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

Tanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Juggernaut

Additional health: +15

Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.

Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Restoration: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Strong Willed: The Juggernaut does not succumb to mind games, and is immune to Hexed, Confused, and Afraid.

Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak for the next 3 rounds.

3. Hit: The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut evaluates the battlefield, looking to utilize it to his advantage. Enourages himself for 3 rounds.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

The Juggernuat is now strong-willed.

Any better?

Yes, but I don't think natural effects, or natural immunities to effects, are much good, it makes a lot of artifacts kind of useless.

Protective: The Juggernaut ducks down in front of a hero. The Juggernaut is stunned, but his SP is added to the hero he is guarding. Additionally, the guarded hero is made more confident by the Juggernaut's protection, causing them to Counterstrike that round.

Better? :sweet:

Where's the sign up sheet for Winged Warrior? :tongue: And I wonder, is this a sign of a future Rito-centric quest....

Where's the sign up sheet for Winged Warrior? :tongue: And I wonder, is this a sign of a future Rito-centric quest....

Hmm, I wonder... Well, there's no chance until Sandy approves the class. :tongue:

I hope I have enough time on the weekend to go over these classes. So please be patient.

Endgame, how about something like this: Every hero fighting on the same row as the Juggernaut, is protected by the Juggernaut's SP as well, as long as it is not higher than their own SP (it does not stack).

I don't like roll four, how about changing it to this: The Juggernaut braces him or herself, and the next three times the Juggernaut takes damage, that damage is halved.

Endgame, how about something like this: Every hero fighting on the same row as the Juggernaut, is protected by the Juggernaut's SP as well, as long as it is not higher than their own SP (it does not stack).

I don't like roll four, how about changing it to this: The Juggernaut braces him or herself, and the next three times the Juggernaut takes damage, that damage is halved.

Both sound pretty similar to Skirmisher, though.

Both sound pretty similar to Skirmisher, though.

I would not know, I can't find the latest Skirmisher info anywhere. :sceptic: Although I think they are things that fit the class, and could make it (along with warden) a genuine Tank class.

I would not know, I can't find the latest Skirmisher info anywhere. :sceptic: Although I think they are things that fit the class, and could make it (along with warden) a genuine Tank class.

It's in the training room.

You do have a point. Whereas Skirmisher's a more defensive-based tank with offensive buffs, Juggernaut seems to be the opposite. Offensive rolls, but with a defensive buff could be interesting. Still, the whole team having a Juggernaut's SP could be potentially game-breaking. What if Docken was one? :laugh:

Protective: The Juggernaut may choose to share its SP with any hero in the same row.

Does that sound balanced?

I like the sound of that, I'll have a revised version up later. :grin:

It's in the training room.

You do have a point. Whereas Skirmisher's a more defensive-based tank with offensive buffs, Juggernaut seems to be the opposite. Offensive rolls, but with a defensive buff could be interesting. Still, the whole team having a Juggernaut's SP could be potentially game-breaking. What if Docken was one? :laugh:

Protective: The Juggernaut may choose to share its SP with any hero in the same row.

Does that sound balanced?

Too complicated what you are suggesting, and traits are supposed to be passive things. And don't think it's that game-breaking the way I suggested it, it's something to take into account, but remember it's only the same row. :wink:

Too complicated what you are suggesting, and traits are supposed to be passive things. And don't think it's that game-breaking the way I suggested it, it's something to take into account, but remember it's only the same row. :wink:

I believe Healing and Spellcasting are traits, and they aren't psssive... :look:

They are complicated. :wink:

...How so? :wacko: If the cleric and mage can have that, I can't see why the Juggernaut couldn't.

...How so? :wacko: If the cleric and mage can have that, I can't see why the Juggernaut couldn't.

That's just Scuba's style, I like Pie's suggestion just fine. Job traits by no means HAVE to be passive (Flee, anyone?).

That's just Scuba's style, I like Pie's suggestion just fine. Job traits by no means HAVE to be passive (Flee, anyone?).

Right. At worst, it could be changed to The Juggernaut shares its SP with the weakest hero fighting in the same row.

It's in the first post of the Training Room:

HeroicaClass-e-Skirmisher.jpg

Specifically, Pie's talking about the fourth roll, which allows the Skirmisher to share his SP with the rest of the party during the next Round, and the Shield roll, which allows the Skirmisher to halve all Damage taken by the party for the next three Rounds.

Scuba's proposed abilities would be weaker, since the SP wouldn't stack and the Damage-halving would only affect the Juggernaut, not the rest of the party as well, but I think that those are too powerful to be Traits. I like Pie's suggestion for protecting the weakest hero or choosing which hero to protect as a Trait, but I like Scuba's suggestions better for a new fourth roll.

Juggernaut

Additional health: +15

Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Restoration: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Protective: The Juggernaut's SP is automatically added to the hero with the lowest HP. If all heroes have the same HP, nothing happens.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their Weapon Power times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak for the next 3 rounds.

4. Brace for Impact: The Juggernaut readies himself for the next blow. The next damage or Special Damage he takes is divided by 4.

Better? :blush:

Edited by Endgame

doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level

You mean Weapon Power times 3 plus their level, right? :wink: (This is from Massive Strike.)

I'd still say the Jeggernaut should be able to choose which Hero is protected by the SP; that way, it's a level of strategy that can be handled on the player side rather than the QM side. :wink:

You mean Weapon Power times 3 plus their level, right? :wink: (This is from Massive Strike.)

I'd still say the Jeggernaut should be able to choose which Hero is protected by the SP; that way, it's a level of strategy that can be handled on the player side rather than the QM side. :wink:

Yep, whoops. :blush:

That seems almost OP to me, but I'll see what other people have to say.

Edited by Endgame

Everyone, with my Croise trilogy almost over, I want to have an advanced class for a reward. But where to start? I don't have any ideas. :sadnew: So should I have a rebellious Fraternity class, a Croise Class, or a Charis Guard class?