Sign in to follow this  

p100507121014333.gif

Okay:

1-Started with the axles and suspension.

2-Completed the chassis.

3-Completed the gearbox.

4-Added steering.

5-Adding tires and rims-I am right here. :blush:

Edited by Smyrf98

a good hint: build with real parts to learn how the parts fit together, before you build a complex model. ldd is very static and let you build a five miles long bridge without a support between the ends.

I double checked everything after i placed it while thinking how it will affect the element im adding it to.

There are actually some parts that would fit but because of the angle its hard to get them in place so they wouldnt connect. :D

Edited by Smyrf98

if this is your actual standing i must you say that this will not work. if you dont have the parts i will build the rear axle tomorrow and will you show it.

Edited by efferman

ok

solid axle= fully fixated on the frame and no moving up and down is possible

live axle = most complex, but best solution for offroad. every direction is possible, except forward and to side

edit:

what you want is a live axle chassis with this rear axle setup

Incorrect, a solid or live axle (beam axle, same thing, different names) can be suspended or fixed to the chassis.

Pendular is a suspension type used on solid (live, beam) axles.

Indenpendant is where each wheel on the same axle line is suspended independantly of the opposing wheel. The axle is seperate on each side of the vehicle.

Yes, a solid axle is not an suspension type, because it is only the housing for the halfshafts, which connects the differential with the wheel.

when someone begin with unneeded details, before the opposite knows the basic things, the opposite will understand nothing. so i keep it simple.

so i think solid axle is a good description for a axle which is connected solid to the frame.

and by the way, why everyone says "live axle or floating axle" when it is a suspension type? could it be, that it is much to complex to say "beam axle with multilink connection to the frame "?

I got lost after these words- "Yes, a solid axle..." :blush:

Worked on it a bit more.

Got some shape.

Body:

KamazFront.png

KamazSide.png

Interior:

KamazTop.png

And the back:

Backoftruck.png

(That is a snow plow in the corner) :laugh:

Attach them to a chassis and put a axle in the front at the same height as the back 2 axles.

And check if its still the same.

Edited by Smyrf98

there is no need to build your full chassis because it will not work like you want. i have made many errors like this and i think i can see if something will work or not.

you have said you want a axle which can do this

6808448615_0776836c4f.jpg

and you have build a axle which can do this

8038435177_41f5899637.jpg

are you satisfied?

Edited by efferman

I see... :sceptic:

How should i rework it?

EDIT: Wait, im not trying to argue or anything or to get attention but wouldnt it fix if u add a hard connection between the two differentials?

Edited by Smyrf98

if you have real parts: combine, make errors and learn from your errors

or you are search at brickshelf for other 6x6 and look how they built

btw, behind my tandem axle picture is a instruction

Edited by efferman

and by the way, why everyone says "live axle or floating axle" when it is a suspension type? could it be, that it is much to complex to say "beam axle with multilink connection to the frame "?

Live axle is not a suspension type but is really from the action of a beam axle, when one wheel hits an object then the movement is also transmited to the opposite wheel, creating movement at that wheel even though nothing has contacted that wheel, like it is live itself.

The suspension that smyrf has designed will use the 3 long axles that locate the differential axles as torsion bars, but not really a good thing especially with such short axles. To make a more flexible mounting it needs to be able to rotate each mounting on the diff. Maybe an axle and pin conector perpendicular fixed with an axle pin thru the hole in the 5x7 liftarm so the 3l axles can rotate in them instead of being fixed with the #1 connectors to the axle shafts? You would need to remove the stop bushes from between the 2 3l axle and pin connectors to make the height the same as present.

like this suspension but when built does still stress the parts, but what you are trying to achieve is a load sharing between the axles much like the Renault Kerax rear axle, though that uses rubber mounts to the chassis, and wasnt great for travel anyway.

Edited by Bricktrain

looks like i'm going to give this whole 6x6 thing a go. I've never done it before, and seems fun with all the challenges to make reliable suspension...

looks like i'm going to give this whole 6x6 thing a go. I've never done it before, and seems fun with all the challenges to make reliable suspension...

Im being challenged because im a real newbie. :laugh:

Would you please keep me in touch? :classic:

like this suspension but when built does still stress the parts, but what you are trying to achieve is a load sharing between the axles much like the Renault Kerax rear axle, though that uses rubber mounts to the chassis, and wasnt great for travel anyway.

With this picture i think you just solved my problems. :thumbup:

After I realized its wrong I knew i had to connect it to the "Differential casing" if you may say, just couldnt get it together on the parts. :laugh:

Edited by Smyrf98

So, welcome to the site smyrf98. Well, I can try to help you, but I really don't have a lot to go by. Are you trying to build a 6x6 Trial Truck? If so, you probably should lose the differentials, and add portal axles. It's pretty good, and the steering system is very interesting, but it should not be directly driven from the motor. Hope any of this helps.

Its a Hybrid! :laugh:

Normal + Some trial truck elements.

Im not sure what to put instead of the motor for the steering. :)

What about using one each of these per a wheel going width ways to make a single axle.

92910.jpg?192911.jpg?2

You could make a pivot in the middle between two axles so it have even more movement (cad sketch available for $0.)

Edited by Alasdair Ryan