Sandy

Heroica RPG - Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

"That's a lot of bugs. Alright, Master Rone, I don't know if you wish to give a Phoenix Essence to one of us... we don't want a repeat of the last battle.

"We don't want anyone getting Knocked Out early here. Because of my invulnerability to the bugs, I can easily take a Free Hit from Death's Rose, so don't target it. It can't harm me, and it won't be able to use it's Special with no one targeting it.

"Spread out and target as many of the bugs as possible, and target the ones with the higher Levels to reduce the Damage dealt by Free Hits. Master Rone, do not target any one of the Splatterflies. We don't want them to all get Lucky and eliminate your advantage. Master Emorith and Master Unthor, each of you should take one of the Splatterflies. Master Rone, take one of the Mutterflies; I shall take one of the Flutterflies. That should allow me to absorb the greatest amount of Free Hits from the higher-Level enemies."

I attack Flutterfly A from the Back Row with my Briar Bow.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Dyric Rone
  4. Althior Emorith

OOC: I should have gotten my health back because of Natural Respite, right?

"That sounds like the best course of action," Xander says to Docken as he prepares his bow for an attack on Splatterfly C from the back row.

Ditto on that. You seem the strongest of us, Docken, I'll give it to you. I hand one Phoenix Essence to Docken.

Edited by The Legonater

Ditto on that. You seem the strongest of us, Docken, I'll give it to you. I hand one Phoenix Essence to Docken.

OoC: If you want to get rid of an Essence, we'll both have to spend a turn to do it.

OOC: Whoops default_blush.gifEdited.

OoC: Okay, I'll need to spend a Turn to receive it, too... I've got to log off for a little while; give me some time to rethink the battle plan.

"Is there a chance anyone will be knocked out this round? If there isn't, it might be best to hold off on trading items, Dyric, until there are less enemies to deal with."

"Is there a chance anyone will be knocked out this round? If there isn't, it might be best to hold off on trading items, Dyric, until there are less enemies to deal with."

OoC: I don't think it's possible for him to be Knocked Out this Round.

If you still want to give me the Essence, Legonater, I think the best actions are just to have Xander and Althior target the Splatterflies as planned while we transfer the item, which will just result in Althior's and Xander's each taking an extra 3 Damage from Free Hits.

OoC: I don't think it's possible for him to be Knocked Out this Round.

If you still want to give me the Essence, Legonater, I think the best actions are just to have Xander and Althior target the Splatterflies as planned while we transfer the item, which will just result in Althior's and Xander's each taking an extra 3 Damage from Free Hits.

OOC: I guess it's probably easier to just go with the original plan.

I target Mutterfly A from the back row with my whip.

Results of Round One of the Butterfly Plains Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Flutterfly A - Special Damage (Lovely Touch - Docken: no effect)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Splatterfly C - Shield (Marking the Favoured - Splatterfly: 42 health-(30x3=90 dmg)=0 health; Xander: favour vermins?)

>Dyric Rone vs. Mutterfly A - Critical Hit/Damage (Mutterfly: 29 health-(34/2=17 dmg)=12 health)

>Althior Emorith (Wind) vs. Splatterfly A - Great Spell (Splatterfly: 42 health-(45x4=180 dmg)=0 health; Althior: -1 ether)

Death's Rose + Splatterfly B + Flutterfly C - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 42 health+15 SP-(15+0+0=15/2=8 dmg)=42 health)

Bloody Bug A + Mutterfly B - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 30 health+5 SP-(6+7=13/2=7 dmg)=28 health)

Bloody Bug B + Mutterfly C - Free Hit vs. Dyric (Dyric: 20 health-(6+7=13/2=7 dmg)=13 health)

Bloody Bug C + Flutterfly B - Free Hit vs. Althior (Althior: 30 health+4 SP-(6+8=14/2=7 dmg)=27 health)

The battle in the Butterfly Plains begins! Docken is touched by a lovely Flutterfly, but he remains unaffected. Xander targets one Splatterfly and kills it. He now has a chance to mark vermin as favoured. Dyric gets a clear hit on a Mutterfly, but only causes 17 damage. Althior's wind-spell is supereffective, and it overkills the targetted Splatterfly. The untargetted enemies regroup to attack the heroes. Docken is unscathed, but Xander loses 2 health, Dyric loses 7 health and Althior 3 health.

Eleven enemies remain.

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-deathsrose.jpg

Death’s Rose

Type: Plant

Level: 15

Health: 139/139

Special:
Kiss From the Rose
– Has ½ chance of knocking out the target instantly.

Drops: Phoenix Essence

heroicafog-monster-bloodybug.jpg

Bloody Bug A

Type: Vermin

Level: 6

Health: 66/66

Special:
Leech
– Transfers 6 health from the target to self regardless of row and SP, and continues to do so automatically at the end of each round until either the target or the Bloody Bug itself is defeated.

Drops: nothing

Bloody Bug B

Special:
Leech
– Transfers 6 health from the target to self regardless of row and SP, and continues to do so automatically at the end of each round until either the target or the Bloody Bug itself is defeated.

Bloody Bug C

Special:
Leech

heroicafog-monster-splatterfly.jpg

Splatterfly B

Type: Vermin/Flying

Level: 9

Health: 42/42

Special:
Butterfly Effect
– Transmits all of the target’s effects (both positive and negative) onto everyone in the battle (if applicable).

Drops: Remedy

heroicafog-monster-mutterfly.jpg

Mutterfly A

Level: 7

Health: 12/29

Special:
Hush Wing
– Causes sealed-effect on the target.

Mutterfly B

Health: 29/29

Special:
Hush Wing

Mutterfly C

Special:
Hush Wing

heroicafog-monster-flutterfly.jpg

Flutterfly A

Level: 8

Health: 32/32

Special:
Lovely Touch
– Causes enamored-effect to the target.

Flutterfly B

Special:
Lovely Touch

Flutterfly C

Special:
Lovely Touch

Party:

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

32 years old male human Sage

Level 20 2/3

Power:
(20+10)
(35 for spells
(20+10+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
27/30
(5+19+6)

Ether:
21/26
(5+19+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond
(Light)
, Topaz
(Lightning)
, Amethyst
(Darkness)
, Ruby
(Fire)
, Sapphire
(Wind)
, Garnet
(Earth)
, Opal
(Ice)
, Aquamarine
(Water)
, Emerald
(Wood)
, 2 Potions, Tonic, Nostrum, Venom, Shovel, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

ava-bartholomew_warden.png

Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)
***Party Leader***

31-year old human male Warden

Level 23 2/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(23+11)

Defense:

Health:
42/42
(6+22+8+6)

Gold:
(50 Gold loaned to Flipz)

GP:

Equipment:
Briar Bow (WP: 11;
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (permanent
scary
-effect; headwear), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent
poisoned
-effect to a bow; backwear), Lover's Locket (immune to
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
Frozen Saber (WP: 9;
stuns
enemies; longsword), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 5 Potions, Grand Tonic, 2 Remedies, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

20 years old male human Rogue

Level 14 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(14+10)

Health
: 13/20
(7+13)

Gold
: 732

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect; accessory), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect), 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 17½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness and Fragile*
*Favours Humanoids and Flying Enemies*

Power:
(17+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
28/30
(8+16+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, 2 Venoms, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy

Party Leader, choose the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions and targets.

"Very nicely done, Master Emorith, Master Unth'or.

"Master Rone, take Mutterfly A, again. Master Unth'or, Master Emorith, the three of us will target different Flutterflies. This will allow me to render ineffective the two strongest Free Hits, while Master Rone will only have to take one Free Hit."

I attack Flutterfly A from the Back Row with my Briar Bow.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Althior Emorith
  4. Dyric Rone

OOC: Are we heading to the Broken Bridge next, Brickdoctor? I think I'll go ahead and favor vermins, a greater chance of those being at the bridge I reckon.

Having dispatched one of the butterflies, Xander readies an attack from the backrow on Flutterby B; he focuses in on the bug's Vermin tendencies. (discard Flying please.)

OOC: Are we heading to the Broken Bridge next, Brickdoctor? I think I'll go ahead and favor vermins, a greater chance of those being at the bridge I reckon.

OoC: We can do that. It sounds like there could be Aquatic monsters there, too, so that would work out for me. (Wood-elemental bow)

OoC: We can do that. It sounds like there could be Aquatic monsters there, too, so that would work out for me. (Wood-elemental bow)

OOC: I vote that we take Broken Bridge to Rainbow Falls, (if we can) get back to the sanctuary to replenish health and ether, and then maybe go after the Jade Kraken?

OOC: I vote that we take Broken Bridge to Rainbow Falls, (if we can) get back to the sanctuary to replenish health and ether, and then maybe go after the Jade Kraken?

OoC: Sounds good to me, but we'll have to see how long we take, because if we make swils wait too long, he might leave with my scroll. :grin:

Also, could you please submit your action?

Also, could you please submit your action?

:wall: Forgot about the new round. :blush:

Althior directs a gust of wind towards Flutterfly C from the back row.

Results of Round Two of the Butterfly Plains Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Flutterfly A - Damage (Docken: no effect)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Flutterfly B - Hit (Flutterfly: 32 health-(30x3=90 dmg)=0 health)

>Althior Emorith (Wind) vs. Flutterfly C - Meditate (Althior: +1 ether)

>Dyric Rone vs. Mutterfly A - Damage/Critical Hit (Mutterfly: 12 health-(34/2=17 dmg)=0 health)

Death's Rose + Splatterfly B - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 42 health+15 SP-(15+0+=15/2=8 dmg)=42 health)

Bloody Bug A + Mutterfly B - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 28 health+5 SP-(6+7=13/2=7 dmg)=26 health)

Bloody Bug B + Mutterfly C - Free Hit vs. Althior (Althior: 27 health+4 SP-(6+7=13/2=7 dmg)=24 health)

Bloody Bug C - Free Hit vs. Dyric (Dyric: 13 health-(6/2=3 dmg)=10 health)

A Flutterfly tries to attack Docken, but is too intimidated to do so. Xander takes out another Flutterfly, while Althior decides to meditate again. Dyric's hit finally kills the Mutterfly he's been after. The rest of the enemies get free hits that cause no damage to Docken, 2 damage to Xander, and 3 damage to both Althior and Dyric.

Nine enemies are left.

Enemies:

Death’s Rose

Special:
Kiss From the Rose

Bloody Bug A

Special:
Leech

Bloody Bug B

Special:
Leech

Bloody Bug C

Special:
Leech

Splatterfly B

Special:
Butterfly Effect
– Transmits all of the target’s effects (both positive and negative) onto everyone in the battle (if applicable).

Mutterfly B

Special:
Hush Wing

Mutterfly C

Special:
Hush Wing

Flutterfly A

Special:
Lovely Touch

Flutterfly C

Special:
Lovely Touch

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 20 2/3

Power:
(20+10)
(35 for spells
(20+10+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
24/30
(5+19+6)

Ether:
22/26
(5+19+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond
(Light)
, Topaz
(Lightning)
, Amethyst
(Darkness)
, Ruby
(Fire)
, Sapphire
(Wind)
, Garnet
(Earth)
, Opal
(Ice)
, Aquamarine
(Water)
, Emerald
(Wood)

***Party Leader***

Level 23 2/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(23+11)

Defense:

Health:
42/42
(6+22+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
scary
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
stuns
enemies; longsword), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 5 Potions, Grand Tonic, 2 Remedies, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

dscf0014.jpg

Level 14 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(14+10)

Health
: 10/20
(7+13)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect; accessory), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect), 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 17½
*Natural Respite*
*Favours Humanoids and Vermins*

Power:
(17+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
26/30
(8+16+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, 2 Venoms, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy

Party Leader, choose the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions and targets.

"Keep at those Mutterflies and Flutterflies. Master Unth'or, you deal the most Damage and the Flutterflies have the highest Health, so target one of them. Master Rone, the Mutterflies have a lower Level; continue to target one of those. We don't want you getting Sealed, Master Emorith, so take the other Flutterfly. That leaves the last Mutterfly for me."

I attack Mutterfly B from the Front Row with my Frozen Saber.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Dyric Rone
  4. Althior Emorith

Xander nods in Docken's direction, attacking Flutterfly B from the back row.

Althior attempts to slice Flutterfly A in half with a fast gust of wind from the back row.

QM Note: Sorry, I seem to have accidentally deleted Flutterfly C from the enemy roster instead of Flutterfly B that was actually killed by Xander on the last turn. It's corrected now, and I changed Xander's target to Flutterfly C.

Results of Round Three of the Butterfly Plains Battle:

Bartholomew Docken (Frozen Saber) vs. Mutterfly B - Special Damage (Hush Wing - Docken: sealed-effect)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Flutterfly C - Critical Hit (Flutterfly: 32 health-(43x3=129 dmg)=0 health)

>Dyric Rone vs. Mutterfly C - Damage/Special Damage (Dyric: 10 health-(7/2=4 dmg)=6 health)

>Althior Emorith (Wind) vs. Flutterfly A - Meditate (Althior: +1 ether)

Death's Rose + Splatterfly B - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 42 health+15 SP-(15+0=15 dmg)=42 health)

Bloody Bug A - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 26 health+5 SP-(6/2=3 dmg)=26 health)

Bloody Bug B - Free Hit vs. Dyric (Dyric: 6 health-(6/2=3 dmg)=3 health)

Bloody Bug C - Free Hit vs. Althior (Althior: 24 health+4 SP-(6/2=3 dmg)=24 health)

Docken gets sealed by the Hush Wing of a Mutterfly, but the sturdy warden is not bothered by that. Xander overkills another Flutterfly. Dyric suffers 4 damage due to the second Mutterfly, while Althior meditates again. The enemy Free Hits cause 3 more damage to Dyric, not affecting the others.

Eight enemies remain in the battle.

Enemies:

Death’s Rose

Special:
Kiss From the Rose

Bloody Bug A

Special:
Leech

Bloody Bug B

Special:
Leech

Bloody Bug C

Special:
Leech

Splatterfly B

Special:
Butterfly Effect

Mutterfly B

Special:
Hush Wing

Mutterfly C

Special:
Hush Wing

Flutterfly A

Special:
Lovely Touch

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 20 2/3

Power:
(20+10)
(35 for spells
(20+10+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
24/30
(5+19+6)

Ether:
23/26
(5+19+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
(Light)
, Topaz
(Lightning)
, Amethyst
(Darkness)
, Ruby
(Fire)
, Sapphire
(Wind)
, Garnet
(Earth)
, Opal
(Ice)
, Aquamarine
(Water)
, Emerald
(Wood)

***Party Leader***

Level 23 2/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*
*Sealed*

Power:
(23+11)

Defense:

Health:
42/42
(6+22+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
scary
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
stuns

dscf0014.jpg

Level 14 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(14+10)

Health
: 3/20
(7+13)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 17½
*Natural Respite*
*Favours Humanoids and Vermins*

Power:
(17+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
26/30
(8+16+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:

"Good work, Master Unth'or. Alright, Master Rone, I suggest you take the time to consume a Potion. We can't have you getting Sealed, Master Emorith, so continue to attack that Flutterfly. Master Unth'or, you and I shall attack the Mutterflies."

I attack Mutterfly B from the Front Row with my Frozen Saber.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Althior Emorith
  4. Dyric Rone