Sign in to follow this  

Hello guys, I just joined.

I have been working on a project myself. A 6x6.

All I have are the axles and the motor connected with shafts because im still not sure how to create the suspension.

Tell me what you think. :)

Here it is:

Version 1: Suspension

Side.png

Top.png

Version 2: Suspension

Top-2.png

Back-2.png

6x6.lxf

6x6-2.lxf

Edited by Smyrf98

Welcome to the forum :classic:

I'm moving this to the Technic forum, since it's more about the design then LDD.

EDIT: Can you please resize your images since they are a bit on the large side. Max 800 pixels in width please. Thanks.

welcome.

I would guess that with version one you are making solid axles pivoting around the driveshafts, whereas version two would use independant suspension at each wheel.

By using solid axles you will be able to get more wheel travel than with independant suspension due to the limits of lego suspension parts. There are quite a few model designs on the forum at present so have a browse of those designs and maybe look at more on brickshelf.com for more ideas.

Edited by Bricktrain

First thing that comes to my mind is, only 1x M PF motor to drive 3 axles? I would use at least 1x XF PF motor (I personally like 1 per axle, but that's probably overkill).

Edited by dandexter

Welcome to the forum Smyrf98.:sweet:

I think you will put too much stress on the universal jonts.It would be better if your used gears instead.I also think you will need to use a xl motor for drive.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thank you guys,

For the motor im not really sure which one is the XL and how they are classified because in LDD i only have 40x6m, 24x6, Tacho motor, and Engine.

As the suspension goes i will most likely go with 3 solid axles where the weight is being balanced on the back wheels and thats how travel occurs. (I dont know how to explain it :D)

@ Smyrf98: In LDD at the top-left corner, you can do a "Search" for the 58121 Lego Power Functions XL Motor. If you enlarge your LDD to full size, click on the part placed on your baseplate, and look at the bottom margin, the selected part number is listed. Note that the LDD part number (58121) is slightly different from the Bricklink number (58121c01). You can find MOST of the other Power Functions elements using the same procedure, but the new PF L-Motor is not in the LDD 4.3.5 parts pallette. :sceptic:

58121c01.jpg

Im pretty much finished with the chassis.

There are some things I couldnt align such as the gears and 1/2 of the suspension arm while they seemed to fit perfectly.

Top:

Top1.png

Sides:

RightSide1.png

LeftSide1.png

Steering:

Steering1.png

Gearbox:

Gearbox1.png

And the suspension in the back:

Suspension1.png

FrontSuspension1.png

What do you guys think?

Im posting up my progress so you guys can tell me if im doing something wrong or not using a brick/piece correctly. :laugh:

Edited by Smyrf98

please note that i love the black colour, but to show details it is less good. maybe you should use light grey or similar textures.

becaues i see only a big shadow, iam not able to see if it is good or bad.

please note that i love the black colour, but to show details it is less good. maybe you should use light grey or similar textures.

becaues i see only a big shadow, iam not able to see if it is good or bad.

All i can is that I laughed really hard when i read your post! (ROFL)

Ill change it. :)

Can you maybe use more colours then black, makes it hard to see whats going on sometimes.

Edit: Didn't see your last post.

Edited by dandexter

the steering system is really really unique :wink: beside of the conflict with the suspension, maybe it works with a servo, but with a XL...... well i dont think that this will work.

your suspension, what is your goal with it? pendular, live axle or solid? in case of life axle your wheelbase between first and second axle is to short. and where is the connection point between universal joints and gearbox?

the steering system is really really unique :wink: beside of the conflict with the suspension, maybe it works with a servo, but with a XL...... well i dont think that this will work.

your suspension, what is your goal with it? pendular, live axle or solid? in case of life axle your wheelbase between first and second axle is to short. and where is the connection point between universal joints and gearbox?

I dont understand the kinds of axle's you are talking about. :D

The connection between the joints and gearbox I will join at the end because there still might be some rebuilding there, just not sure yet.

But, can you explain your question better because i didnt understand it completely.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is the suspension i want to have on the back: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17133

Edited by Smyrf98

ok

solid axle= fully fixated on the frame and no moving up and down is possible

7802433058_6edda31c7e.jpg

100_9585 von efferman auf Flickr

pendular= the center ofthe axle is fixated on the chassis. if the left tire goes up, the right tire will go down

106_5270.jpg_thumb.jpg

live axle = most complex, but best solution for offroad. every direction is possible, except forward and to side

7460893678_60e0ba1926.jpg

101_9361 von efferman auf Flickr

6201145022_a7b4bf1150.jpg

100_8837 von efferman auf Flickr

edit:

what you want is a live axle chassis with this rear axle setup

6722109079_d61712ca1e.jpg

100_9049 von efferman auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

the picture in my post above ist two sizes bigger and is made for springs. and no, you have made somthing similar like this size and not made for springs

6808448615_0776836c4f.jpg

hinterachse von efferman auf Flickr

6808449497_2a949f7364.jpg

instruction002 von efferman auf Flickr

6808453539_b141715cb8.jpg

instruction015 von efferman auf Flickr

with one difference, your suspension will not work

Edited by efferman

Where are the springs in your model?

There arent supposed to be any springs.

In the model im trying to recreate its just based on the tires.How up or down they are.

O-O If the O are tires and - is the element that connects both tires so it will balance then:

if the first tire goes up like this O_ the second one will go down like this:_

With _ being the connection/spring what ever it is called. :hmpf:(__________)O ignore the stuff in the ( )

Edited by Smyrf98

ok then i have to choose a Picture with more parts on it

6743866507_9900cc95a5.jpg

100_9097 von efferman auf Flickr

do you want a axle which can do this?

edit:

which tires do you want to use?

Edited by efferman

I drew a picture.

Untitled.png

I think that the video shows the suspension i want to recreate.

EDITl: How do you choose the right wheel for the right tire? :wacko: I think i tried all of them :D

Edited by Smyrf98

some questions i ask me during building a moc:

1.)what may it be? = a six wheeled vehicle, six wheels driven, offroad capable, remote controlled = check

2.)which tires will i use? = .......... = insufficient informations

3.)which size will it have? = answer of question two is needed = insufficient informations

4.)how complex will it be? = rear axles, fully pendular/live axle, load balanced, live front axle spring loaded. = check

5.)how can i reach the goal of question 4? = answer of question three is needed = insufficient informations.

do you know what i want say to you?

edit: look which tires do you have, then search for inspirations at google/bing Picture search, then search for blueprints like this

man-7t-milgl-6x6.png

now resize the picture to the same scale of the tires and you will have the size of your vehicle

and then build it

001.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by efferman

Its my first time so.. I didnt think ahead of time :grin:

EDIT: I will use the Tire Baloon Wide 68.7x34 but i cant place the wheels for some reason inside the tire.

Edited by Smyrf98

At this stage we can definitely see your a amature.....:laugh::wall:

Find your self some good wheels here.

Then you need to scale it around the wheels adding suspention and motors as you go.Finaly finish off with the body work.

You should separate all of these components as modules and join them together with the chassis.

Import this into your design. :sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan