LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Yeah, I know what you mean. I't a "Season 5 Special". All episodes aired during one day or so.

Not sure if I understood correctly, but where did you get this from?

Or did you mean all episodes will be airing at once (during one day) once the season is finished?

Not sure if I understood correctly, but where did you get this from?

Or did you mean all episodes will be airing at once (during one day) once the season is finished?

Ehhh major mistype of mine. I wanted to write:

"I'd like to see a "Season 5 Special". All episodes aired during one day or so."

Sorry.

Edited by Brickadeer

He definitely did get shorter... I'm guessing something happens to his present legs during Revival. But he looks really short compared to Savage, especially considering how much taller he was than Savage in the "Master and Apprentice" clip.

I think it suits him bring smaller than Savage. He seems a lot more like the Emperor, calm and collective until the time is right. Savage now looks a lot more like Vader, still smart but more bulkier and a lot more of an enforcer. I like these new legs Mauls slowly turning back to how he used to be. Hopefully he will get a double lightsaber again.

Edited by Sam892

I noticed Maul still had his chicken legs during this duel. Maybe they get damaged, prompting the newer, shorter ones.

Why am I foreseeing Obi-Wan cutting them off again? :hmpf:

In the last episode of season four he asked himself the same question. I can see Savage killing who I think to be Adi Gallia there too, and retconning her death. :def_shrug:

I though that too. Why didn't he aim higher? :laugh:

Because they had to bring Maul back so they could make more money from TCW. :hmpf:

Because they had to bring Maul back so they could make more money from TCW. :hmpf:

I don't think Lucas' motive is making more money. I think it's much more about making the Star Wars universe less predictable and more fantastic, and in a certain way about regaining control about what the people think that Star Wars is.

In the last episode of season four he asked himself the same question. I can see Savage killing who I think to be Adi Gallia there too, and retconning her death. :def_shrug:

I knew he said that. I'm laughing because since he said that, he should have aimed higher the 2nd time. :laugh:

Of course this is speculation on my part.

I don't think Lucas' motive is making more money. I think it's much more about making the Star Wars universe less predictable and more fantastic, and in a certain way about regaining control about what the people think that Star Wars is.

In my view, Dave Felony Filoni is turning Star Wars into a franchise that contradicts itself. He is just completely abusing his power as a TV series producer to nullify previously established canon. According to the continuity guidelines set by Lucasfilm, TV series overrides comics, books, and other assorted media. The episodes that he comes up with are good, but look at the things he has done to Darth Maul, Even Piell,and Assajj Ventress. He completely rewrote either their backstories and/or changed their fates. If Star Wars is going to remain a good and respectable franchise, it must first solve its continuity problems.

In my view, Dave Felony Filoni is turning Star Wars into a franchise that contradicts itself. He is just completely abusing his power as a TV series producer to nullify previously established canon. According to the continuity guidelines set by Lucasfilm, TV series overrides comics, books, and other assorted media. The episodes that he comes up with are good, but look at the things he has done to Darth Maul, Even Piell,and Assajj Ventress. He completely rewrote either their backstories and/or changed their fates. If Star Wars is going to remain a good and respectable franchise, it must first solve its continuity problems.

It's not Filoni, though. It's Lucas. Filoni generally seems to care about the Star Wars universe, but the more control Lucas has, the worse the show seems to get.

I don't think it's fair to solely blame Filoni. At least I don't believe he's the one making all of the calls on character backstories and fates.

Although I'm not particularly fond with the fact that there are continuity issues, it doesn't bother me all that much since I haven't read any on the books or comics that most of you speak of.

I do agree with your statement that "If Star Wars is going to remain a good and respectable franchise, it must first solve its continuity problems."

That's not a problem, if you cant watch it don't work about it.

Even Piell vanishes between AOTC and ROTS as far as I care he died in the CW, lo and behold TCW shows us that did happen.

That's not a problem, if you cant watch it don't work about it.

Even Piell vanishes between AOTC and ROTS as far as I care he died in the CW, lo and behold TCW shows us that did happen.

I agree. The same can go for Adi Gallia in the premiere... and, about the premiere, it was a awesome! :thumbup: I have to admit, Savage getting his arm cut off and everything had to be one of the most violent parts of the show. The entire episode was great, the season's off to a fantastic start!

Edited by DarthPotato

I've been looking for a place to watch the season premiere,

but millenniumfalcon.com still doesn't have anything. Don't they always have it up on the day of release?

As others said, the final decisions are up to Lucas, not Filoni.

Well. Star Wars is not a science. Not bringing back Maul only because this event is incompatible to "continuity guidelines" seems, well, not very reasonable to me. I think that with introducing the Midichlorians, Lucas made a huge mistake. To some degree, their introduction is plausible: it is clear that Midichlorians represent potential power, while training represents the degree to which this potential power is realized. That way, differences of power of Jedi can be explained. On the other hand, it removes a lot from the mystery surrounding the concept of the force and, consequently a lot of the mystery of the Star Wars universe.

I think that Lucas reacts to this trend of what I'd call "explaining the mysteries away". He may create inconsistencies, but I'm not concerned about them. Rather, the only conclusion I draw upon this obervation is that Lucas has other concerns than inconsistencies and is willing to pay this price. Personally, I like the show, I like Star Wars, and I like watching how this fictional universe evolves.

I've been looking for a place to watch the season premiere,

but millenniumfalcon.com still doesn't have anything. Don't they always have it up on the day of release?

I think the premiere is currently broadcasted and should be over in ca. 34 minutes.

Edited by Brickadeer

I agree. The same can go for Adi Gallia in the premiere... and, about the premiere, it was a awesome! :thumbup: I have to admit, Savage getting his arm cut off and everything had to be one of the most violent parts of the show. The entire episode was great, the season's off to a fantastic start!

Umm spoilers? I haven't seen the Episode yet as it hasn't aired in the UK and I didn't think it aired in the US until Sunday.

Hondo said "laser sword" - is the first time we actually hear lightsabers being referred to like that in actual Star Wars media?

I thought it to be an incorrect word use at first, but it looks like it is not. Also, Hondo and those horn references of his... :tongue:

Hondo said "laser sword" - is the first time we actually hear lightsabers being referred to like that in actual Star Wars media?

Nope. Just off the top of my head, Anakin refers to it as a "laser sword" in Episode I.

That was a pretty great episode, I wish it came on a little later than 830 in the morning, but meh it is what is. Adi Gallia got retconned in the back pretty quickly, but I saw it coming. It made Obi pretty mad it seemed, and had it been one on one, Savage woulda died too. I'm kinda upset they only aired one episode this time, as great as it was. I just think they did two for the first four seasons? Can't wait for the next one

Umm spoilers? I haven't seen the Episode yet as it hasn't aired in the UK and I didn't think it aired in the US until Sunday.

Sorry. :blush: I thought that we were allowed to post those kinds of things in this thread but I'll make sure to put spoiler tags in it now.