Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

Eww... Steam Engines

I wasn't able to finish them 100% in time for the recent TexLUG meeting, but my Texas State Railroad steam locomotives are finally done. I've also updated my other two steam engine MOCs, so I took pictures of them as well.

TSRR #300

new_tsrr300_00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post Mod Gallery

Consolodation type (2-8-0)

Built in 6-wide

I'm especially proud of the way the stickers I printed turned out. They add a LOT to the plain black tender. The drive wheels on this locomotive are too large compared to the locomotive itself, but I'd rather use BBB wheels than try to build my own.

TSRR#500

new_tsrr500_00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post Mod Gallery

Pacific type (4-6-2)

Built in 7-wide

I wasn't able to match the green in the stickers as closely as I was with the Polar Express' passenger cars (I was using a different printer), but I think they don't look too bad. Since they aren't waterslide it's easy enough to replace. If you will recall, this is the locomotive that uses the really great idea of including the rear pair of lead truck wheels with the driving wheel set, which allows the engine to manage curves without using smaller wheels or pistons.

Sava Railways #805

ajs_805_00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post Mod Gallery

American type (4-4-0)

Built in 6-wide

This is actually my American 4-4-0 but with a few updates. The biggest update is the addition of stickers and a number. Ever since he was born some 7 months ago, my son has been drawn to this locomotive, so I decided to number it after his birth day, August 5th (8-05).

Pere Marquette #1225

new_pm1225_00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post Mod Gallery

Berkshire type (2-8-4)

Built in 8-wide

I finally took more pictures of my updated 1225.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome. I'd also like to thank Ben Fleskes for his amazing BBB wheels, without which, or his patience and support, I would never have been able to build these MOCs.

--Tony

Very nice.

I like all of your engines, however I particularly like your TSRR# 500. The Green/Grey/Black colour scheme is very sharp, and really makes that engine stand out!. Your Pere Marquette is as nice as ever, though I actually prefer the Polar Express badging. Even if it is out of season, I think it adds more charm to the engine. Still, its an undeniably beautiful train. The other two are also quite noteworthy. Your American 4-4-0 and your screams Western display, while your Texas State RR #300 would look great in a turn-of-the-century town or city. Great work.

HOWEVER, I'm still wondering when you'll finally make your return to castle.

Later.

Very nice.

I like all of your engines, however I particularly like your TSRR# 500. The Green/Grey/Black colour scheme is very sharp, and really makes that engine stand out!. Your Pere Marquette is as nice as ever, though I actually prefer the Polar Express badging. Even if it is out of season, I think it adds more charm to the engine. Still, its an undeniably beautiful train. The other two are also quite noteworthy. Your American 4-4-0 and your screams Western display, while your Texas State RR #300 would look great in a turn-of-the-century town or city. Great work.

HOWEVER, I'm still wondering when you'll finally make your return to castle.

Later.

Thanks! The 500 seems to be popular, its the favored train right now over on C-C, too. As for the Pere Marquette - the wall of the tender are still reversable, so its easy to switch. To tell the truth I don't have much reason to ever switch it because no one in TexLUG builds 8-wide trains so aside from the Polar Express coaches, I have nothing for the 1225 to pull!

I'll return to castle soon enough. Most of my spare parts are locked away in Ulmaris, and I can't take it apart until I finish the next chapter of Ikros (or abandon the story altogether). Someday I'll get to it all.

--Tony

A great and beautiful work indeed. *y*

All of your engines are neat and delightful, and that lead truck wheel system is very smart and useful.

Steam on! :-)

Ahhh... this brings back memories of when I was little and played with wooden trains (Thomas and friends) :'-) . But when I matured out of it and into Lego I abandoned trains because I suck a building them :-P

A great and beautiful work indeed. *y*

All of your engines are neat and delightful, and that lead truck wheel system is very smart and useful.

Steam on! :-)

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

Ahhh... this brings back memories of when I was little and played with wooden trains (Thomas and friends) :'-) . But when I matured out of it and into Lego I abandoned trains because I suck a building them :-P

You know I didn't start building trains till this time last year, so you never know. Thanks for the reply!

Very nice, I've seen the already on flickr, but still very nice to see.

That texas state railroad looks like something awesome aswell

Thanks! As soon as I can afford to go, I'm taking my family on a trip to the TSRR. I'll be sure to put some pics up somewhere. Thanks for the reply!

--Tony