Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

I was so excited until I saw the Mafia School part. :sad::wub: GOOD LUCK!

ditto.

Pandora and Rick, that building/cars/setup is really cool. :thumbup:

I was so excited until I saw the Mafia School part. :sad::wub:

Same here.

Nice job converting the Town Hall to a police station. :thumbup: I look forward to following along.

Can I be the tree stump in it?

You can be a mute potted plant, maybe? :look:

Can we all be the tree stumps in it? I think there should be an equal number of tree stumps to players.

Otherwise, we could forget about the players and all be tree stumps. :look:

You can be a mute potted plant, maybe? :look:

Yayz! :moar:

I can see it now... TREE STUMP MAFIA! Help root out the evil lumberjacks who are destroying the forest!

That's actually a decent idea...

I can see it now... TREE STUMP MAFIA! Help root out the evil lumberjacks who are destroying the forest!

Sure. How do we do it?

I guess just follow Hinkley's good example. :shrug_oh_well:

But if we're tree stumps... aren't we already dead? :look::tongue::laugh:

But if we're tree stumps... aren't we already dead? :look::tongue::laugh:

No, Tree Stumps can be alive, they just can't do anything other than post, so no one could ever be lynched or killed. (assuming such a Tree Stump Mafia did in fact give everyone the Tree Stump role)

No, Tree Stumps can be alive, they just can't do anything other than post, so no one could ever be lynched or killed. (assuming such a Tree Stump Mafia did in fact give everyone the Tree Stump role)

How do you know about these roles? What information did you get that I didn't? :hmpf_bad:

Vote: Brickdoctor

JK. :tongue::laugh:

How do you know about these roles? What information did you get that I didn't? :hmpf_bad:

FOMSWLFA*

*That's "Found On MafiaScum While Looking For Acronyms"

But if we're all tree stumps, who's gonna be the Lorax? We'll have no one to speak for us. :sad:

Coming soon to the Mafia Games Forum, Rick and Pandora are pleased to present....

7575430402_e40b1d9963_z.jpg

Sign-ups will start very soon, so keep your eyes peeled*!

*Not literally, that would be gross.

Sooo looking forward to this! Oh crap I'm not allowed to do mafia school games :grin:

Important Mafia Announcement

Brought to you by your caring tyrant, Lord Dragonator

Over the last few games I've been noticing a few small issues regarding rules which I think should be clarified before anyone gets the wrong idea.

The first clarification is regarding roleplay. Roleplay is a necessary part of EB Mafia. It is a tradition that when you play, you assume your character fully and act in their shoes. This provides a bit more fun, and allows for all sorts of memorable moments. It also helps to distinguish between reality and fantasy. Remember that these games are fantasy, and if someone is shouting at you and calling you a moron, they mean your character, not you personally (York is an exception). This also means that you do not refer to other players by their username; you must use their character name. Get into the game, live the situation, and you'll find it a much more enjoyable and unique experience. There is no requirement that you make long roleplay-style posts, just post as your character, not as you.

The requirement for roleplay is in rule 6. I will be instructing hosts to enforce it like any other rule in future, so pay attention to it!

The second clarification is regarding rule 7, If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. I think it would be a good idea to highlight this rule due to the new team win concept that we have implemented. When you are dead, you become exactly the same as a non-playing observer. You may not have any influence on the game unless the game host has specifically given you permission to do so. Living players are not allowed to consult you regarding tactics or information. If anyone is caught breaching this rule, a one game ban will likely be implemented. As we are all good sports here though, I don't expect it to be a problem. :thumbup:

Please note a small update has been made to rule 12 to reflect the importance of rule 7.

~Dragonator

Just curious, why isn't the Gotham City Mafia (co-hosted by ADHO15 and The Penguin) not included in the mafia game index? :look:

To be indexed:

Gotham City Mafia

Mafia School: The Witchbreed

It's been like that for a while, but I'm sure Dragonator shall updated them eventually (and hopefully the Role Playing index too). :wink:

Reminder!

Playing in a game of mafia can be challenging and time consuming. Playing in two at the same time isn't twice as challenging, it's exponentially more challenging. If you don't know what that word means or can't give the unbelievable amount of attention that two games would require, it's probably best not to sign up for them.

In other words, unless you're crazy, don't try playing two at once. Seriously. I'm crazy, and I wouldn't try it.

Clear enough? No? Ok then. If you sign up for two games and drop out of or fail to participate properly in either one, you'll be added to the "let's not have these people in our games" list.

Now you get it. :thumbup:

In other words, unless you're crazy, don't try playing two at once. Seriously. I'm crazy, and I wouldn't try it.

Isn't it a requirement that we have to be crazy in the first place to join up in a mafia?? :grin:

No, but he does have a point...

Reminder!

Playing in a game of mafia can be challenging and time consuming. Playing in two at the same time isn't twice as challenging, it's exponentially more challenging. If you don't know what that word means or can't give the unbelievable amount of attention that two games would require, it's probably best not to sign up for them.

Clear enough? No? Ok then. If you sign up for two games and drop out of or fail to participate properly in either one, you'll be added to the "let's not have these people in our games" list.

Now you get it. :thumbup:

Exponentiawha?????? :wacko: