Smyths toys uk have got 20% off all toys inc lego from fri to monday online and instore. :classic:

Boots.com have several Lego sets included in their 'Mix & Match' offer (buy three & get the cheapest free) - look out for the green parcel symbol! :wink:

Amazon did have the Ninjago Fire Temple set drop down again briefly to £38ish but it has jumped back up along with quite a few of their other prices :cry_sad:

What is shipping like if you are buying sets on bricklink from US sellers? There are a lot of juicy prices there (£60 Jabba's palace) but I couldnt see how much the shipping was and I was wondering if there were any added charges on that? (import tax or something)

What is shipping like if you are buying sets on bricklink from US sellers? There are a lot of juicy prices there (£60 Jabba's palace) but I couldnt see how much the shipping was and I was wondering if there were any added charges on that? (import tax or something)

It's likely that you'll have to pay a fair amount of shipping from the US, plus a nice import fee too. I bought a couple of sets and ended up paying about £28 for the shipping/tax combined. However I bought it from eBay, not Bricklink so maybe a Bricklink seller would be more knowledgable, but you'd likely still end up paying the inport tax.

Purchases below about £17 aren't taxed, but anything above that will get very expensive :look:

For some reason they also include the cost of the postage in the tax calculation (i.e. item = £20 + £10 shipping = liability of tax based on £30!). If I remember correctly it's calculated at the VAT rate (20%); the Post Office will also add a further 'admin' type fee on top of everything which was £7-£8 for me, but I don't know how they worked that out!

I only purchased one expensive item from the US, never again!

Purchases below about £17 aren't taxed, but anything above that will get very expensive :look:

For some reason they also include the cost of the postage in the tax calculation (i.e. item = £20 + £10 shipping = liability of tax based on £30!). If I remember correctly it's calculated at the VAT rate (20%); the Post Office will also add a further 'admin' type fee on top of everything which was £7-£8 for me, but I don't know how they worked that out!

Yes, its often the admin fee which is the killer

Parcel force are about the cheapest but as outlined here their fee is currently £8 or £13.50

Thanks for the info guys! Is there any import tax on EU orders?

No, you're fine with anything inside the EU :classic:

You're only assured of being exempt if your commercial import from the US is £15 or less including P&P. Note that HMRC doesn't use the market rate for its FX; it uses a rate that makes it more likely to push you into tax liability. If you are above £15 and your order gets inspected by HMRC, you will be subject to VAT at 20% + duty (roughly 10%) + a Post Office handling fee of £8 (the last of which has already been mentioned).

If your import from the US is marked as a "gift", is under £40 (including P&P), appears outside and inside the packet to be coming from an individual (not a company) and isn't insured for more than £40, you won't have to pay tax/the postal charge.

Apologies for posting twice in a row, but this is on a separate topic...

Can anyone confirm that the next LEGO promotion in The Sun starts this Saturday, 6 October with the Uruk-Hai polybag followed by the MF ghost on Sunday?

Apologies for posting twice in a row, but this is on a separate topic...

Can anyone confirm that the next LEGO promotion in The Sun starts this Saturday, 6 October with the Uruk-Hai polybag followed by the MF ghost on Sunday?

I haven't heard anything since the original rumours some months back. Usually there's quite a bit of advertising a week or so before hand. Maybe it will be later on in the month ( 18th ?).

I've just been in contact with Huw at Brickset and he reports that the promotion isn't being run starting this Saturday.

It's not yet clear when it will be on but it's definitely not starting Saturday 6 Oct.

Any news on when The Sun offer's going to start?

Nothing at the moment but it will most likely be around the Half term time. It will most likely be next weekend or the following weekend. Trust me you will know, there will be tonnes of adverts on the Internet, TV and The Sun's home page.

According to brickset The Sun promotion will start the 27th of October ( beginning of half term ).

The list is ;

30163: Thor and the Cosmic cube

30165: Hawkeye with equipment

30162: Quinjet

30017: City Police Boat

30200: Zombie chauffeur coffin car

30152: City Mining Quad

30085: Ninjago Jumping Snakes

30210: Lord of the Rings Frodo with cooking corner

30211: Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai with ballista

Also according to brickset the Quinjet hasn't appeared anywhere else in the world and, all of these polybags haven't appeared in the UK before.

On Lego S@H, between the 1st and 31st of October, if you type in the code CAKE at checkout on an order of £25 or more then you get a free 40048 Birthday Cake set. :classic:

According to brickset The Sun promotion will start the 27th of October ( beginning of half term ).

The list is ;

30163: Thor and the Cosmic cube

30165: Hawkeye with equipment

30162: Quinjet

30017: City Police Boat

30200: Zombie chauffeur coffin car

30152: City Mining Quad

30085: Ninjago Jumping Snakes

30210: Lord of the Rings Frodo with cooking corner

30211: Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai with ballista

Also according to brickset the Quinjet hasn't appeared anywhere else in the world and, all of these polybags haven't appeared in the UK before.

Oh! You're bloody joking me! No MF ghost?

Lots of bargins on this site:

www.waeplus.co.uk/product/1251304/LEGO-Technic---Motorized-Excavator---804

8043 about to go out of production, could be worth putting a few away until next christmas.

J