Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Just scored six of these bad boys at Toys R Us, getting two for free because of the current sale.

Sadly I couldn't really feel the packets as they were at the counter. That's where it starts to get awkward. :wacko:

But seriously they're great to pick up on sale. I got some of the lesser ones I wanted, but I still wanted them so I am happy.

A little backstory: I was there buying groceries when I saw a guy about 30-ish feeling packets. We talked for a while, both feeling packets and stuff, and we found everything except a Lederhosen Guy. We felt for about 20 minutes and I finally found one. I had to get going, so I left, and gave him the Lederhosen guy (t'was the only one he needed) and waved goodbye.

Pretty fun, ^^

That's pretty neat. It's always fun to help people find the ones they want!

Edited by Walter

That's pretty neat. It's always fun to help people find the ones they want!

I agree, that's really great of CM4S. :thumbup: I'm horrible at packet-feeling - I wish someone would help me! :laugh:

When I was at Target feeling them, one of the employees just laughed and said he knew some people who could feel them, then walked off. I guess they probably see a lot of "outside target audience age" feeling the packets.

It is nice to help out others. I don't mind army building, but I was going through series 6 and this other guy and his girlfriend were trying to find a Roman. I already had a few in my basket so I gave him one. Sometimes it's good to be nice. The world could use more people like us :tongue:

And purpleparadox, from what I've read of your comments on here, you seem like a really nice guy. I'm sure that good karma will come back your way in some form of LEGO haha.

Good luck feeling everyone. Great series.

Speaking of helping others, two kids I saw at TRU wanted the Alien Queen and the Actor. I just found Santa, which was the only one I wanted (for now :grin:), so I offered to help by checking the kids' packets. Turns out they had a Conquistador and a Lederhosen Guy (how the heck did that happen???) so I helped them find an Actor, but there wasn't an Alien Queen, so oh well.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I had pretty good luck last night at TRU. They had one S8 box which had been searched pretty good, 3 of S7 and and one of S6. I went through all of the S8 and S7 (needed one more for a gift). Then walking around some of the aisles I found the bulk wall hanging bin. It had some S7 and a lot of S8. I went through all of those too. While doing so a woman walked up and started feeling the packets too. I asked which one she was looking for and she said a Santa. I knew pretty much where he was in the stack of packets I had already searched. She was really happy and then I asked if she knew about the B2G1F sale. She didn't. So I got her 5 more S8 she wanted. She was so happy. I even gave up the only diver I had found that evening. I always try to help others when I'm getting the figs.

Pay it forward.

Edited by ETAV8R

Received my 2 sealed cases of CMF 8 from amazon.it a few days ago (had to express ship them as I wanted them NOW!).

Made a map of the layout of the figs in the cases like usually.

This time the both cases were the same batch, but still they did not match on the layout.

Both cases had the correct amount of figs mentioned in the review.

Here's a link to the map I made http://www.partanen.net/lego/CMF8/CMF8_map.png

Lol once I was in a race against somebody both looking for a genie and a sleepyhead and I found both and left. In my defence we asked them if they'd help us and we'd help them before we realised we wanted the same ones. They weren't very nice about it anyway. Back on topic, I got a lot of 8's at Tesco and was aloud to feel!

Between me and a few friends, we got 8 through S@H (wouldn't recommend that unless you have to), 2 DJ's - guess who ended up with both of those, of course, me! I like the printing overall on the DJ his face is very nice and those hairs might come in handy (though not for my usual Medieval MOCs!), and jeans are also useful on casual bystanders. :thumbup: Between all of us we also got three Evil Robots (of course, one of them just had to end up mine), a bit boring because of the same old hat and gun, but overall torso looks pretty cool. We also got one businessman, I actually think the suitcase might be just slightly different from the other ones, and the newspaper is great (plus the hat), one Thespian - who IMO actually looks better without the ruff - in general tough, he's awesome, and one Bavarian - and that pretzel is even cooler than I had thought it was! :thumbup:

Five more are on their way - or almost, I'm just hoping for no more robots or DJs (and no Female Aliens either!).

Yay, only the diver is missing after approximately 40 packs.

Maybe it's the right time to try the feeling method: I've heard his helmet is pretty easy to spot, even for beginners.

Received my 2 sealed cases of CMF 8 from amazon.it a few days ago (had to express ship them as I wanted them NOW!).

Made a map of the layout of the figs in the cases like usually.

This time the both cases were the same batch, but still they did not match on the layout.

Both cases had the correct amount of figs mentioned in the review.

Here's a link to the map I made http://www.partanen....F8/CMF8_map.png

Here are the stats on a sealed box i received a few days ago.

1. Location of figs in bo (graphical format)- http://www.flickr.com/photos/88813400@N07/8099032475/in/photostream

2. % chance of each fig (graphical format) http://www.flickr.com/photos/88813400@N07/8098926292/in/photostream/

Stats wise, the probabilities are exactly the same as yours however the locations of figs are different, but we knew that already. Three complete sets and some leftovers.

Im pretty happy with the series overall. Ill probably keep 2 full sets and try to offload a few of the ones im not too keen on i.e Fairy, bat, footballer.

-Matt

Yay, only the diver is missing after approximately 40 packs.

Maybe it's the right time to try the feeling method: I've heard his helmet is pretty easy to spot, even for beginners.

Bingo, series 8 COMPLETED!

Diver found at second try with the FM (at first I got a conquistador).

I just found the Conquistador, and despite his grumble-able colour scheme, he's a fantastic minifigure. I specifically like the printing on his legs and armour!

Only started collecting about a month ago after seeing a YouTube video about them and they looked fun. Love reading about people feeling for the ones they want. Sadly i don't have a shop nearby that sells them so i've been buying the ones i want on ebay when they pop up for a reasonable price. Does take the fun out of it a bit though. Although probably cheaper in the long run.

I was in my favorite store today (were i got the first complete s8) and one of the workers came out with some bags of s8 that he had found in another location in the shop. And he saw me looking at them. Then he said im going to open a new box of these so these are not the only ones. So he emtyed the box in a big "sales container" and i fellt every single of them. Picked up 2 santas, 2 leadehosen guys, 1 diver, 2 actor, 1 conquistador and one bad shot: The Pirate.

Pretty pleased about that.

So Friday I went to this little mini TRU they recently built in my local mall, and they had one S7 and S8 next to each other, and I spent a good while feeling for the ones I needed. Now my story isn't as spectacular as anyone else's here, but I looked through the S8 box for at least 20 minutes looking for an Actor, but I couldn't find him (He's my must have for S8), so I just left with two S7's I needed (Computer Programmer and Hippie)

I keep looking out for series 8 since the beginning of September. I've visited a lot of stores but I didn't find any. I've experienced in the past that the new figures were released a little late, but this time it's extreme. Available for 4 month, 2 of them already gone. Does anyone in germany also have a hard time finding them?

Finally got around to getting the Series 8 minifigures I wanted, and I gotta say it's another great series by LEGO. I don't think I'd rank it as the best, but it's definitely up there and some of the minifigures in this one are among the absolute best they've ever done.

My absolute favourite would have to be the diver. I thought the helmet looked too big when photos were first released, but now that I have it (five of them, in fact) I have to say it's just so gorgeous. The only weakness with it is the rather plain head that comes with it. I would've much preferred a tougher face, a more weathered face (with a beard or scruff) but that can be easily fixed. Second after that would be the actor, which is probably the best one in the series (yes, there's a difference between "favourite" and "best"). I say it's the best because it's absolutely flawless in its execution. The details, the head, it's all just perfect. If the diver had a better face it'd probably be the best (as well as favourite) but there you go.

Without reviewing all of them, after those two I'd say my favourites are the Cowgirl, Santa and the Alien Villainess. I put the Alien Villainess next to my Alien commander and Alien Conquest sets and she looks just perfect with them. As a huge fan of AC, it's a really nice treat to get something extra to go with your AC collection.

Last but not least I'd like to give a shout-out to the DJ which is this series surprise for me. Every series seems to have one minifigure that I'm not particularly interested in at first, but then when I get ahold of it I'm pleasantly surprised by it. The DJ isn't a great minifigure, but I love that hairpiece, and he's got a pretty nice (and useful!) head too.

Bring on Series 9!

So does anyone know whether LEGO have completed their distribution of this Series, or are stores expected to get more stock in the next couple of months? It seems to me that they have been much more difficult to get than the previous 4 or 5 series.

So does anyone know whether LEGO have completed their distribution of this Series, or are stores expected to get more stock in the next couple of months? It seems to me that they have been much more difficult to get than the previous 4 or 5 series.

Could it be that private re-sellers are buying them all up?

I've read a message on a german news site, that Lego has some problems with the distribution for the christmas season. The news said, that friends is a stronger seller than they've expacted and they would have a tough time, trying to deliver enough stock. A lego spokesman said people should try to buy their christmas presents early, because there might not be enough for all. I really have no idea if there is a connection to the CMF line. But I really have a hard time, trying to find series 8 here - and I never had any trouble finding the past series.

Just wanted to share a little story: I was feeling up packets at my local Lego Store when a mother came in and asked one of the employees about finding a certain CMF. The employee was too busy to help her look, so she told the mother that she could feel the packets "like that guy is doing" (meaning me). The mother came up and started feeling the packets as well. I asked her what she was looking for, and she said she wanted the manbat. I told her to feel for the wings or the hairpiece and that if I came across one I'd let her know. Immediately after that, she just said "Thanks" and then walked away to look around the store. Honestly, I was kind of irritated by this. If I'm going to help you look for a figure, one that you apparently really want, you might as well try to find it as well; there were a lot of packets to go through!

In the end, I never came across a Manbat nor did I get through all the packets. I wasn't sure if the mother even wanted the minifig anymore since she was still looking around the store. As I was paying for my figs I saw her finally go back to the CMFs. I didn't feel bad for her because honestly, we may have found a manbat if both of us had been looking for it instead of just me.