just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

The apron/cape can only be used as an apron on the Serpintine.

The old Life preserver has tongue hanging out the back so that doesn't work either.

To get back on topic, has anyone seen any non-preliminary pictures?

what has that got to do with the original statement?

And just on a side note "breastplate" is the ONLY armor Lego made (20 years ago) that goes just on the front. (made for pirates, only in chrome silver)

my answer was directly in relation to the statement that the breastplate was the only armor that goes in the front. that is not true as i have just demonstrated.

your respond is illogically applied only to serpentines. where did i ever mention serpentines?

Exactly what I was thinking.

~The_Creator

Slightly random but have been told by a very reliable source (certified master builder) that we are getting a 3x3 plate in early 2013

Sorry if its too r andom :D

A little bit off topic:

Hey! weren't there some very strict criteria about what a preliminary image is??

I accept TLG asking for them to be removed but the one's I posted didn't have any water mark on it...the size doesn't matter!!

What happened to eurobricks? o.O

Please note, i've been a member since 2005...and have brought reliable info before to these forums...

The rules became a bit heavier a couple of years ago. I don't know it exactly, but I thought TLC asked Eurobricks to don't post preliminary images anymore, in return they let mods make photo reviews of new special and exclusive sets, a week or something like that before you can buy it.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is really true and I also don't know if this was the reason some moderators stopped with this site and made their own.

Because of this more strict rules I only post numbers, names and a short discription what's in the set.

About the faces: It looked like the heads were special formed heads (also the crocs heads)

A little bit off topic:

Hey! weren't there some very strict criteria about what a preliminary image is??

I accept TLG asking for them to be removed but the one's I posted didn't have any water mark on it...the size doesn't matter!!

What happened to eurobricks? o.O

Please note, i've been a member since 2005...and have brought reliable info before to these forums...

There was a request from TLG to remove images related to the theme regardless of watermarks in this instance and any links to the leak also.

The rules became a bit heavier a couple of years ago. I don't know it exactly, but I thought TLC asked Eurobricks to don't post preliminary images anymore, in return they let mods make photo reviews of new special and exclusive sets, a week or something like that before you can buy it.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is really true and I also don't know if this was the reason some moderators stopped with this site and made their own.

Because of this more strict rules I only post numbers, names and a short discription what's in the set.

About the faces: It looked like the heads were special formed heads (also the crocs heads)

Does the croc heads look like Skalidor's head? How would you describe it?

I think the one piece or simplified molded shells are to support what is basically a vertically mounted Ninjago spinner inside. The "Speedorz" will be less like a normal Lego build, and more like a customizable gaming piece. So the shell is the overall support. Your "build" play is from tricking out the flywheel inside and maybe the weaponry. The single piece chassis prevents the exploding car feature, where it disintegrates and loses half it's pieces under the fridge the first time you crash it.

At least that's mt impression of what little I have been able to work out from the few colored blotches that claim to be pictures.

Slightly random but have been told by a very reliable source (certified master builder) that we are getting a 3x3 plate in early 2013

Sorry if its too r andom :D

That's nice to know; we need more pices with odd stud numbers. Hopefully it will be in a cheaper set! :classic:

I think the one piece or simplified molded shells are to support what is basically a vertically mounted Ninjago spinner inside. The "Speedorz" will be less like a normal Lego build, and more like a customizable gaming piece. So the shell is the overall support. Your "build" play is from tricking out the flywheel inside and maybe the weaponry. The single piece chassis prevents the exploding car feature, where it disintegrates and loses half it's pieces under the fridge the first time you crash it.

At least that's mt impression of what little I have been able to work out from the few colored blotches that claim to be pictures.

That's a pretty good idea actually.

That's a pretty good idea actually.

This does seem likely, although at the same time I still do not particularly like the concept. LEGO Racers and many other themes have managed to incorporate "battle vehicle" concepts without too much specialization. And the Ninjago spinners managed to incorporate a battle function that was pretty minimalist in its design, with product designs pretty standardized. For that matter, even classic LEGO Racers (Xalax series) had stuff pretty standardized, whereas these seem like they'll have a separate animal-vehicle mold for each faction, which doesn't particularly appeal to me.

I will probably warm up to the Speedorz as more information and pictures become available. Who knows? There may be some hidden brilliance to the interior build, or the exterior parts may prove more versatile than I can currently imagine. As it is, though, while I see the appeal and the justification for the designs being how they are, I'm not really drawn to these, even less so than with the Ninjago spinners which were a simple enough concept to enjoy.

I will probably warm up to the Speedorz as more information and pictures become available. Who knows? There may be some hidden brilliance to the interior build, or the exterior parts may prove more versatile than I can currently imagine.

Isn't it always so? Edited by DraikNova

Isn't it always so?

Yeah, I can't say I see myself likeing these as much as spinner right now, but that's bound to change. Still, I wish the vehicles had less (apparent) new molds. :hmpf_bad:

Wasn't that exactly what we were saying when we first saw the pictures of the Ninjago spinners?

Wasn't that exactly what we were saying when we first saw the pictures of the Ninjago spinners?

I don't know about the rest of the community, but I'm still saying it. ;)

Actually, I wasn't here back then, the first I saw of Ninjago was on the back of the 2010 Nov-Dec club magazine. And, personally, I've always loved Ninjago (I might have felt differently if I had seen preliminary pics though). Anyway, yeah, Chima will probably look better when we see more. So I'm not worried! :laugh:

Don't judge, but I hated the idea of Ninjago at first. But when I saw the spinners in my local Kmart, I was in love. I thought who needs a girlfriend I have found my true love :laugh:

But, funnily enough I feel the same may happen with Chima. Right now I am really not liking it. But I will never forget what happened with Ninjago, anything can happen. My life would not be half as interesting without Ninjago, could I see the same chemistry?

Edited by Wall E2624

I thought that this would be horrible at first, but after seeing the pictures of the Lion Quad, I´m convinced this will be awesome.

I'm curious as to what the story behind this theme will be. It's got a bit of a Narnia meets Ninjago feel at the moment. I sure hope all the differnet animal characters are as unique and detailed as the lion from the sticker book. :wub: Looking forward to the eventual official pics! :thumbup:

If nothing else the Minifigs will have some interesting moc potential.

Oh yeah, I'm always on the lookout for more potential Aliens and mutants to add to my setting, and from what little I've seen, these look like they would be useful as such... In a similar vein, I used the snake tails from Ninjago with normal torsos and heads to make Nagas, while I used the non-snake tailed Serpentine as Yuan-Ti (those who've played Dungeons and Dragons would know what I'm talking about).

Also, as Aanchir and Draik Nova pointed out, this thread seems to be following the typical Eurobricks Forums Theme Pre-Launch thread pattern: I.e. a few preliminary pics get leaked, then quite a few people start complaining how the theme will ruin LEGO forever.... Then once the theme actually hits the shelves, most people actually like it.

Depending on how the vehicle chassis work, I would definitely have a use for them in my post-post-apocalyptic setting (can't have a post, or post-post apocalyptic setting without marauding gangs of bandits on motorcycles). I'm just going to have to wait and see before passing any kind of concrete judgement or opinion. In the meantime, I've still got LoTR and Monster Fighters sets to acquire... :tongue:

This thread seems to be following the typical Eurobricks Forums Theme Pre-Launch thread pattern: I.e. a few preliminary pics get leaked, then quite a few people start complaining how the theme will ruin LEGO forever.... Then once the theme actually hits the shelves, most people actually like.

Indeed. The only pre-launch thread that isn't suffering from this is the one for Space Galaxy.

If nothing else the Minifigs will have some interesting moc potential.

Some will definitely be used for purist superhero minifigures.

Indeed. The only pre-launch thread that isn't suffering from this is the one for Space Galaxy.

That's just because I stayed away. . . (Just kidding, although I don't like the idea) :laugh:

Anyway, the final pictures will be sure to change my mind at least to some degree. In fact, I'm already interested in the Waterfall one.