weelean

The 1st Asia LEGOLAND theme park in Malaysia

8005104755_c4698803df_c.jpg

Visited on 16 September, second day after the grand opening! Weather is an extreme killer, other than that, it is a good experience except for the sucky PAB.... and expensive LEGO sets (slightly more expensive than Singapore retail price which is 2 times of USD prices)..

Here is the link to my Flickr photostream.

I hope to write a more detailed field report when I have a little more spare time, but for now, please enjoy!

I also heard there'll be one in Korea in a year or two. I go to Korea every summer so maybe I'll go there and take pics. :classic:

Edited by TheRedGuy

I also heard there'll be one in Korea in a year or two. I go to Korea every summer so maybe I'll go there and take pics. :classic:

Yes, Korea and I believed Japan as well.

Visited on 16 September, second day after the grand opening! Weather is an extreme killer, other than that, it is a good experience except for the sucky PAB.... and expensive LEGO sets (slightly more expensive than Singapore retail price which is 2 times of USD prices)..

Here is the link to my Flickr photostream.

I hope to write a more detailed field report when I have a little more spare time, but for now, please enjoy!

The PAB wall is absolutely rubbish. I was expecting it to be as large as the ones in Billund or in any Lego shop overseas and was disappointed to see such a pathetic selection. :hmpf_bad: Seriously, the first Legoland in ASIA and this is the best they can offer for PAB?

I didn't manage to go, but seeing some parts of the park is lacking I am glad I did not go. I do agree from the pictures and feedback from my fellow AFOLS that it is extremely hot since the trees are not yet mature and the displays are all outdoors. Then the price in the Big shop which is similar to the prices outside, which makes me less incline to spend in the Big Shop since I can get stuff cheaper online or across the causeway.

Might pay a visit some time in the future when I have some free time. Hopefully by then there is more shade.

The PAB wall is absolutely rubbish. I was expecting it to be as large as the ones in Billund or in any Lego shop overseas and was disappointed to see such a pathetic selection. :hmpf_bad: Seriously, the first Legoland in ASIA and this is the best they can offer for PAB?

Indeed it is... Total absurd rubbish!

8005103003_d75a1826a4_c.jpg

Link to Flickr image

I didn't manage to go, but seeing some parts of the park is lacking I am glad I did not go. I do agree from the pictures and feedback from my fellow AFOLS that it is extremely hot since the trees are not yet mature and the displays are all outdoors. Then the price in the Big shop which is similar to the prices outside, which makes me less incline to spend in the Big Shop since I can get stuff cheaper online or across the causeway.

Might pay a visit some time in the future when I have some free time. Hopefully by then there is more shade.

I bought annual pass, so I have to go back there again to make it worthwhile. The day pass queue is much lesser as compared to those annual pass queue. The trees were planted recently.. not much shade too.. the weather is a killer even though we ought to be used to it since we stay in this region, but the fact that there is no tree really made it very bad. I didn't buy any stuff in the Big Shop and I find it disappointing...

it's my turn in a month's time. im really keen to know pricing and availability of some sets. is it worth buying town hall, or death star there?

When counting LEGOLANDs..... don't forget to count the quickly failed LEGOLAND Sierksdorf in the north of Germany, which was open from 1973-76. There was something not real bright about putting a LEGOLAND "on the way to Billund" in northern Germany. Although there are many factors for why it closed (I doubt we'll be privy to them all)... I can imagine that saving over 100 miles on driving to Billund by just going to a LEGOLAND in northern Germany bit into visits to Billund.

Anyway... this former LEGOLAND that is rarely ever mentioned... is today HANSALAND... on the Baltic Coast of Germany, near the historic German city of Lübeck (NE of Hamburg)....

http://www.hapa-history.de/history/legoland/index.htm