CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

There have been three Superheroes sets so far that have been at the 20 dollar pricepoint with three figures, all of which were plenty decent sets.

Exactly! I think this set is great at $25 if it includes Venom, Fury in flying car, AND Spidey and Spider-Cycle :thumbup:

Love the list.

But what is Marvel 4? I like both the ideas of either being a boardgame or Fantastic 4. But none of those I would like as sets.

Hopefully this is Marvel's secret set type thing like how DC this year got Joker's Funhouse.

Well looking back on it 76006 could technically be "Marvel 3" and 76007 is then "Marvel 4" just a place holder name for what we haven't seen yet, but then that leaves 76006 as either some kind of exclusive or the number was just skipped :wacko: Because that set number is currently absent from the list (I am sure a lot of people have already noticed this as well).

Well looking back on it 76006 could technically be "Marvel 3" and 76007 is then "Marvel 4" just a place holder name for what we haven't seen yet, but then that leaves 76006 as either some kind of exclusive or the number was just skipped :wacko: Because that set number is currently absent from the list (I am sure a lot of people have already noticed this as well).

I'm not to sure on this but I'm guessing that both winter and summer waves all have been given set numbers. Maybe Marvel 3 wasn't ready for the winter wave and has been held back for the summer wave, being replaced by marvel 4. Although by the looks of things now there's 4 DC sets and 3 Marvel with one set missing.

I also think "Marvel 4" is a placeholder name. TLG might have a reason for keeping the set under wraps. I'm hoping for a good X-men team set or Fantastic 4. I'll be disappointed if it is just another Spidey set. There's so many characters out there I want in Lego form. I'd much rather have them than collect one hero's villain gallery.

The ultra build line from earlier this year had set numbers that didn't match the system sets. And the Star Wars game's number didn't fit in with their sets either.

Yeah, that would make sense, but what are the chances of us getting two Marvel sets that we didn't know about before, especially with all the other sets coming out? :sceptic: I sure hope that's the case though, and if it is, I hope they're not Spider-Man, at least one of them. We still need at least one more Ultimate Spider-Man set with Luke Cage and White Tiger to complete Spidey's team from the show, but a big X-Men set would be great too.

I definitely agree with the majority here. I am hoping for a stop on Spidey sets after we get the rest of the Ultimate Spider-Man "Net Avengers". I don't want the market too saturated with Spider-Man stuff when Marvel is so much larger and more colorful then just one character, even though I do love me some me :wink:

Exactly! I think this set is great at $25 if it includes Venom, Fury in flying car, AND Spidey and Spider-Cycle :thumbup:

Agreed! I think this would be a great deal.

I can only think of two ways it would only be better: change the Fury minifig to a black suit (keeping with the Ultimate Spidey theme); a White Tiger!

Yeah, that would make sense, but what are the chances of us getting two Marvel sets that we didn't know about before, especially with all the other sets coming out? :sceptic: I sure hope that's the case though, and if it is, I hope they're not Spider-Man, at least one of them. We still need at least one more Ultimate Spider-Man set with Luke Cage and White Tiger to complete Spidey's team from the show, but a big X-Men set would be great too.

Stepping out on a limb here for a newbie, but it would be really cool to see the "Marvel 4" as a Spidey set placed in the Ultimate Spiderman High School with Spidey, Powerman/Luke Cage, White Tiger, Stan Lee/Janitor, 'Principle' Coulson + two villains. :cry_happy: It could fit in with that price point... and could include Mary Jane!

Ideas for villains:

Sandman

Juggernaut

Wrecking Crew

Taskmaster

Batrok :laugh:

While that would be an absolutely awesome set, that would never happen, especially not with a 40 Euro/Dollar set. There are usually no more than 4 minifigs in sets that are below $50.

And let's not turn this into a wishlist discussion. There's a separate thread for that. :wink:

There have been three Superheroes sets so far that have been at the 20 dollar pricepoint with three figures, all of which were plenty decent sets.

It had sounded from initial reports that the Spidey/Venom/Fury and Batman/Freeze/Aquaman sets would be at a below-20 price point, but it wouldn't be that surprising if they are larger than that, as the new price list would suggest. Perhaps this time both factions will get a small vehicle, which (given the size of the vehicles) would definitely add up to more than 13-ish dollar sets.

Yeah... Hadn't thought much of it, I guess. CCE was a great set, and this seems comparable with the minifigs it includes.

Stepping out on a limb here for a newbie, but it would be really cool to see the "Marvel 4" as a Spidey set placed in the Ultimate Spiderman High School with Spidey, Powerman/Luke Cage, White Tiger, Stan Lee/Janitor, 'Principle' Coulson + two villains. :cry_happy: It could fit in with that price point... and could include Mary Jane!

Ideas for villains:

Sandman

Juggernaut

Wrecking Crew

Taskmaster

Batrok :laugh:

Stan Lee is a janitor, and Coulson is the principal? I might be missing out on a lot more than I had thought with this show... And come to think of it, Lego should definitely make a Stan Lee minifig. He deserves it.

Some Man of Steel sets and Iron Man 3 sets were listed on Brickset... Did I miss something?

Man of Steel-

76002 {Superman Metropolis

Showdown}

76003 {Superman Battle of Smallville}

76009 {Superman Black Zero Escape }

Iron Man 3-

76006 {Iron Man Extremis }

76008 {Iron Man vs Mandarin }

Edited by just2good

Aquaman would most likely be in a Batman set, I can't see a Aquaman set selling well among kids.

Which I personally hate. I've been following Aquaman since Geoff Johns revived him as part of Brightest Day and namely the "New 52" series since last September and Geoff has turned him into an interesting and decent (I'd strongly recommend the first "New 52" storyline to those who view him as a joke).

I'm also not a big Batman fan and have been HATING how almost all of the DC waves to date seem to focus purely on him, so I'd be much more interested in getting Aquaman in either a Aquaman specific set which is VERY unlikely) or at least a mini-JLA set with maybe the Flash and Green Lantern as well. I'm hoping after the Man of Steel sets (I'm hoping we'll get Zod in there so I can have him battle my Superman fig) we'll get more DC sets with other characters in them.

Some Man of Steel sets and Iron Man 3 sets were listed on Brickset... Did I miss something?

Man of Steel-

76002 {Superman Metropolis

Showdown}

76003 {Superman Battle of Smallville}

76009 {Superman Black Zero Escape }

Iron Man 3-

76006 {Iron Man Extremis }

76008 {Iron Man vs Mandarin }

I am assuming that these are summer sets based on the movie release dates, which makes me wonder how this list is out so early.

The Marvel 4 set will most likely be from Iron Man 3 because it's number (76007) is between the set numbers of the Iron Man 3 sets (7006 and 76008)/.

Also didn't Hulk_Smash say that the Batman vs. Bane set came with the bat, so why are people saying otherwise now? Can someone please clear this up!

Extremis!?! :wub: That is going to be awesome! I wonder if they will make an Iron-Man with just a printed head for that! Look up Extremis if you don't know what it is because it could be a potential spoiler so I won't mention it here.

Those names, could be spoilers for the movie?

Not much of a spoiler,we all know Superman grew up in Smallville,lives in Metropolis and I assume the Black Zone is the Negative Zone we saw in the first 2 Superman movies,for IM,I think the fans know Mandarin is in IM3.

Extremis!?! :wub: That is going to be awesome! I wonder if they will make an Iron-Man with just a printed head for that! Look up Extremis if you don't know what it is because it could be a potential spoiler so I won't mention it here.

That would be great! Especially if it includes a Tony Stark minifig with suitcase.

Not much of a spoiler,we all know Superman grew up in Smallville,lives in Metropolis and I assume the Black Zone is the Negative Zone we saw in the first 2 Superman movies,for IM,I think the fans know Mandarin is in IM3.

It is actually Black Zero.

All the names are preliminary. You can just tell. Why would the include the heroes name like spider-man or superman. Also anyone remember last year when the preliminary sets where named like Batman vs catwoman and captain America?

No Arkham Asylum or Penguin Pursuit confirmed!!!! :cry_sad:

I don't think that penguin set exists, but Arkham maybe revealed at NYCC!