Paul202

Crowkillers Lamborghini Gallardo/Murcielago in white?

Fortunately I'm not a fan of LEGO White! That natural yellowish tint...

I rather prefer the VLBG used in MINDSTORMS sets. Unfortunately only available for a small set of parts. :P

And what about a White Murcielago!? :grin:

I just finished the white design.. I'll get some better pictures with my good camera tomorrow... I think this is how this car should have been done...

gc4.jpg

gc1.jpg

gc2.jpg

I just finished the white design.. I'll get some better pictures with my good camera tomorrow... I think this is how this car should have been done...

Right... this all makes sense. I know I have 7 19L white axles just waiting for someone to ask "can it be done in white" .

Ha.

Looks awesome though. LOVE those black chrome wheels!

Right... this all makes sense. I know I have 7 19L white axles just waiting for someone to ask "can it be done in white" .

Ha.

Looks awesome though. LOVE those black chrome wheels!

Actually it was only 6 19L White Flex axles... And one of those $1,897.00 19L black ones... :laugh:

Looks really great!

Actually it was only 6 19L White Flex axles... And one of those $1,897.00 19L black ones... :laugh:

I thought this was a joke but you're right - WTF... *oh2*

A blue model should also be possible, isn't it? I remeber the Gallardo as an italian police car. :wub:

Edited by stefan_betula_pendula

Looks really great!

I thought this was a joke but you're right - WTF... *oh2*

A blue model should also be possible, isn't it? I remeber the Gallardo as an italian police car. :wub:

How about blue/white combo for a police car?

Now that would be cool :thumbup:

Are bigger panels available in blue?

That might could be a problem... Here you can check which panels are available in blue: http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?itemType=P&catString=154 Otherwise you have to replace the non existing blue panels with white ones. In the case of this panel it should be possible to replace it with blue liftarms. I think such details have to be checked with the instructions.

Looks Great in white! i think Paul's Porsche would look good in white too. but might not be possible now that all the white part are gone.

bob

This really does look great in white, better than any other colour IMHO. May I suggest one tiny alteration? The tan interior seems to clash with the white body. May I suggest a dark bley interior like in Blakbirds render?

This really does look great in white, better than any other colour IMHO. May I suggest one tiny alteration? The tan interior seems to clash with the white body. May I suggest a dark bley interior like in Blakbirds render?

That's the way I'm building mine so you should see photos in about a week.\

The other car color alteration I've wanted to do for a long time is Skyliner's Countach in orange, but this may never be possible.

1.jpg

That's the way I'm building mine so you should see photos in about a week.\

The other car color alteration I've wanted to do for a long time is Skyliner's Countach in orange, but this may never be possible.

1.jpg

SWEEEEEET! Can't wait to see that. That's an awesome render of the countach

Something about the angle of the front windscreen in that Countach looks a tad odd. Like where it meets the roof.

I've built this car, it has an extremely low profile. I don't think it translates to the render that well. The render looks great as always (no offense Blakbird), but the car looks slightly off.

I kind of like the white 19L flex axle on the bottom of the front windshield... It defines the shape and doesn't get hidden like the black one does... I waited too long tonight to get pics outside, it started getting dark... :sceptic:

000001.jpg

000002.jpg

000003.jpg

I kind of like the white 19L flex axle on the bottom of the front windshield... It defines the shape and doesn't get hidden like the black one does...

Now its 7!

There is a white piece 43857? How to replace?

I replaced that part with two of these:

41677.GIF

and then also used axles instead of pins to secure it.

The last of my orders from Germany showed up last night, so I was finally able to build. Here is the stack of rare white parts that you need to build this model:

white1.jpg

I tore mine all the way down and rebuilt from the ground up, replacing all the blue 3L pins with black, and the red 3L pins with bush with gray, all the red 2L axles with black, and all the blue axle pins with gray (which means I lost friction). Here is the result:

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

It looks really amazing, but not as amazing as Paul's. He went one step further and used white axle pins and white axles in a few key places. He also has the sweet black chrome wheels which add a lot. However, my chassis looks better because I can still see blue peeking through in his!

I also used a dark gray interior instead of Paul's tan leather interior. I had tan in my red Gallardo, but I like gray better with the white.

I was lucky in that all the used parts I ordered showed up nice and white with no yellowing so the car looks great. This will no doubt change in the future and the car may end up very ugly. I also have a lot of extra white parts from the R2-D2 and stormtrooper I had to buy, so I'll be selling those along with my newly surplus red parts.

Over the past few days, I rebuilt mine from the ground up as well and also altered the steering to work with the new styled 7L gear rack(This wasn't out yet when I built the original) and a 12 tooth bevel gear rather than a 16 tooth one and the older OOP 8L gear rack... I also changed it to work with the new 3L Universal joint rather than the 4L one... I am also 20 Black friction pins away from having every single pin in the entire model either black or white... And Lucky for me, I just happened to score a Brand New 8473 Nitro Race Team set(which has 21 Black Friction pins)on Ebay earlier today for ONLY $21... :wink:

I just took these pics about 5 hours ago...

0000102.jpg

0000103.jpg

0000100.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

@ Blakbird & Paul Boratko: Both versions of the white Lamborghini are bellissimo! emoticon_3d_53.gif