CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

27 Euros for the Freeze and Venom sets? *huh* That's a lot more than I thought. Hopefully the RRP wont be as high...

And 40 for the mystery Marvel set... Perhaps it's another exclusive like the Doc Ock set? Seems like the only explanation, especially if there are an Arkham and a Penguin set too.

@nrg: where did you get this information?

I think he got them from this site, although I can't seem to be able to find them there. :look:

Wait how does that change to dollars and pounds?

Probably by simply putting a dollar sign in front of it. That's how it usually works.

I think he got them from this site, although I can't seem to be able to find them there. :look:

You are close , but not enough..

Edited by nrg

I'm guessing the Marvel 4 set will most likely be a X-men set. I'm hoping for a blackbird or Mansion but at that price I don't think it will happen. I think it will most likely be something like the helicarrier breakout.

I'm guessing the Marvel 4 set will most likely be a X-men set. I'm hoping for a blackbird or Mansion but at that price I don't think it will happen. I think it will most likely be something like the helicarrier breakout.

Or a Fantastic Four set, comic book styled of course.

The set news is now on brickset, so there

They just had to include the Spider-Cycle in the Venom set, didn't they. :hmpf: Well, I can't say I'm surprised, although it's strange that it wasn't mentioned in any of the previous rumors. Sounds like the set will be very similar to the Cpt. America set, with 3 figs, a motorcycle, and a flying thing for $12.99.

I hope so! That'd be a dream set for me...Spidey's my favourite superhero and I'd get Nick Fury cheap. :sweet:

My first association to the name 'Marvel 4' is the Lego Boardgame Monster 4. Knowing how Lego have released repeats of earlier, successful games before (Minitaurus, Ramses Return) as well as licensed boardgames (Harry Potter, the upcoming Hobbit game), I think it's entirely realistic to think that it might actually be a game. In which case I think we'd definitely get an Iron Man microfig. =)

'Marvel 4'....interesting an incomplete title, someone has already said Fantastic Four which is Marvel...though how would they do the characters.....invisible, flame on and stretchy ? :wink: (Thing is easy....an orange Hulk :laugh: )

I doubt it's a Fantastic Four set since we are already getting a set with Dr. Doom. Besides, if it was a FF set, why would it be called Marvel 4?

Anyone else think the set names are the perliminary, they look and sound like it.

Well, "Marvel 4" is obviously a place holder name, but the others sound pretty final to me. Some of them might sound a bit odd because they were translated from German.

I am hoping Fantastic 4! :wub: They are the First Family so maybe they will get a set! I doubt it is actually them but hopefully sooner rather than later we get some Fantastic 4!

And I don't think they could use the Hulk mold for Thing. They aren't exactly the same size and they would have to use something more like Power Miners to get the texture. Who knows for sure though, I could see them just reusing the Hulk mold.

Well, "Marvel 4" is obviously a place holder name, but the others sound pretty final to me. Some of them might sound a bit odd because they were translated from German.

I think I their priliminary, they names don't sound that great, even if it from another language.

I am hoping Fantastic 4! :wub: They are the First Family so maybe they will get a set! I doubt it is actually them but hopefully sooner rather than later we get some Fantastic 4!

And I don't think they could use the Hulk mold for Thing. They aren't exactly the same size and they would have to use something more like Power Miners to get the texture. Who knows for sure though, I could see them just reusing the Hulk mold.

They could use a normal fig for thing, he's not that much bigger than the other three. They used normal figs for Bane and Venom, so there! And Hulk and Thing look nothing alike!

I agree, the Hulk mold wouldn't really work for the Thing, or anything but the Hulk for that matter.

I think I their priliminary, they names don't sound that great, even if it from another language.

Perhaps not to you, but they follow the formula for set names that TLG has been using for years: {Name of an iconic vehicle/location from the set] + [a word like hunt/chase/battle]. The English names might be slightly different, but the original German ones are probably final.

They could use a normal fig for thing, he's not that much bigger than the other three. They used normal figs for Bane and Venom, so there! And Hulk and Thing look nothing alike!

Totally agree. I think that out of the whole Superheroes line there's only 5 characters I can think off that need the larger Mold. Hulk, Wendigo, Abomination, Juggernaut and Solomon Grundy. Apart from those I think that the rest of the figures need to be normal sized.

The thing about the set names however is although they sound rubbish I can except them apart from Marvel 4. Hopefully it's not a board game and is an actual set but why add the 4? Unless there's another marvel set? Strange.

I agree, the Hulk mold wouldn't really work for the Thing, or anything but the Hulk for that matter.

Perhaps not to you, but they follow the formula for set names that TLG has been using for years: {Name of an iconic vehicle/location from the set] + [a word like hunt/chase/battle]. The English names might be slightly different, but the original German ones are probably final.

Well see who's right in the end.

Kind of disappointing to me if that's the list. I guess that as a big Batman guy, I was too spoiled with 2012. I don't really like Nolan's interpretations, so the TDKR set is a pass. I'm holding out hope that Arkham is something special and not just a 600-piece expediently thrown together pile whose sole purpose is to sell a buttload of minifigs.

I'm really looking forward to the Spidey-cycle... Though $25, or even $20 seems like a bit much for three figs, even if two are Venom and Fury.

I highly doubt Marvel 4 is based on Monter 4, seeing as it's price is at least two times as much... Then again, if the prices are all a bit high...

Also, I'm doubting the Tumbler Chase will come with the Bat :/ Not if we want a decent Tumbler for $40...

Totally agree. I think that out of the whole Superheroes line there's only 5 characters I can think off that need the larger Mold. Hulk, Wendigo, Abomination, Juggernaut and Solomon Grundy. Apart from those I think that the rest of the figures need to be normal sized.

The thing about the set names however is although they sound rubbish I can except them apart from Marvel 4. Hopefully it's not a board game and is an actual set but why add the 4? Unless there's another marvel set? Strange.

Juggernaut?

Maybe he's completely different in the comics, but based on the movies, the Thing is about twice his size.

Juggernaut is larger in comics, like close to Hulk size. So yes I agree he could be a large mold. I also think we will eventually get a Red Hulk, seeing as he has been in a lot of comics lately, and he will be in that new Hulk cartoon coming out.

I think Thing would look good molded or not, but I think TLG is more likely to do a regular minifigure size IF there ever even is one. The Hulk mold absolutely won't work so if there will be a mold it will have to be a new in between Hulk and minifig scale mold.

Edited by Spider-Man

I'm really looking forward to the Spidey-cycle... Though $25, or even $20 seems like a bit much for three figs, even if two are Venom and Fury.

There have been three Superheroes sets so far that have been at the 20 dollar pricepoint with three figures, all of which were plenty decent sets.

It had sounded from initial reports that the Spidey/Venom/Fury and Batman/Freeze/Aquaman sets would be at a below-20 price point, but it wouldn't be that surprising if they are larger than that, as the new price list would suggest. Perhaps this time both factions will get a small vehicle, which (given the size of the vehicles) would definitely add up to more than 13-ish dollar sets.