I wonder if there are any sneak peek pieces in this update, like the two inverted brackets that showed up in LDD 4.2.5 long before they were released in actual sets...

Well,I have seen a spiderweb with a bar/ handle added (SPIDER'S WEB W.SHAFT ø 3.2) and a new axe piece (AXE W. 3.2 HOLE), so these are interesting. Maybe in a future Ninjago set?

But isn't there that GARRISON CAP part that doesn't exist? What was that doing there?

EDIT: I've just seen two new Hero Factory parts, I'm no expert on the series but I believe (BEAM 3M ø 10.2 BALL WITH GUIDE) and (3m double ball cup- HF 2012) are before unseen. I can't wait until '2012' to get that new tiny ball cup thingie! :devil:

EDIT EDIT: Also exciting part (HOLDER ø3.2 W/TUBE ø3.2 HOLE)- :wub:awesome for micro-scale building! Does it come in the Rancor Pit set?

Edited by Flobnomdob

Well,I have seen a spiderweb with a bar/ handle added (SPIDER'S WEB W.SHAFT ø 3.2) and a new axe piece (AXE W. 3.2 HOLE), so these are interesting. Maybe in a future Ninjago set?

But isn't there that GARRISON CAP part that doesn't exist? What was that doing there?

The 4156 GARRISON CAP I think was in a minifig keychain, but was never released as a separate piece. Why it's in LDD I don't know, but I guess since it got a DesignID (4156) it was added without anyone knowing it was "just" a keychain brick.

Well, although I haven't been able to get new decorations, I do have a file of decorated parts which did not work in the last version due to missing decoration surfaces although the decorations themselves were available. Most of them are Hero Factory torsos, and there's also a 3x3 radar dish with hamburger bun print and a Star Wars windscreen (which admittedly I can't remember whether it's new or not).

Did you noticed the new menu item for exporting BOM to excel/zip in the File menu?

I wonder if there are some other new features.

EDIT EDIT: Also exciting part (HOLDER ø3.2 W/TUBE ø3.2 HOLE)- :wub:awesome for micro-scale building! Does it come in the Rancor Pit set?

Not sure if those pieces were in previous versions of LDD, but the pieces have been around for a while. The axe pieces have been in several Ninjago sets. Axe

Anyone know what this piece is: 98117

That piece looks like the sith trooper helmet from the 9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor

Some of the vital Unimog parts were also added. Very nice. And like the new grouping of the parts. It will be clearer also to my kids.

I posted about the new version on my site and got asked about an Ipad version. will there be one and if so when?

Not sure if those pieces were in previous versions of LDD, but the pieces have been around for a while. The axe pieces have been in several Ninjago sets. Axe

The axe georgebjones mentioned actually is a much different piece that DOES seem to be unreleased. I saw it earlier when going through some of the categories to look at new parts. However, I can't find it now. There was a 0.0MB update to LDD a few minutes ago; perhaps it was not intended for inclusion and was removed/hidden? Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I guarantee there was a brand-new axe blade piece (much larger than the one you linked, with blades on both sides) earlier today.

EDIT: I disabled the internet on my other computer and went on LDD in offline mode. Sure enough, the part was there and was removed. The part number is 11096, and I still can't recognize it as any existing piece. Legends of Chima, perhaps, or The Hobbit?

Edited by Aanchir

Check out part #11203. Interesting, huh?

Yes, but not surprising. That part is new this year and has been released in set 9448 Samurai Mech, as well as possibly others (the Samurai Mech is the first set it was seen in, but I know it's believed to be in the upcoming The Hobbit board game, and may appear in other sets in themes I haven't been following closely).

Now here's something to get excited about! I thoroughly encourage all users to download this file, which contains 1x1 bricks in the two new colors 329 White Glow (introduced in this year's Monster Fighters theme) and 330 Olive Green (introduced in this year's Dino theme)! I know these colors have been much-awaited so I'm sure they will be welcomed.

EDIT: The two colors are now on my complete LDD color chart!

Edited by Aanchir

Yes, but not surprising. That part is new this year and has been released in set 9448 Samurai Mech, as well as possibly others (the Samurai Mech is the first set it was seen in, but I know it's believed to be in the upcoming The Hobbit board game, and may appear in other sets in themes I haven't been following closely).

Now here's something to get excited about! I thoroughly encourage all users to download this file, which contains 1x1 bricks in the two new colors 329 White Glow (introduced in this year's Monster Fighters theme) and 330 Olive Green (introduced in this year's Dino theme)! I know these colors have been much-awaited so I'm sure they will be welcomed.

EDIT: The two colors are now on my complete LDD color chart!

How did you get those? :look:

EDIT: It looks like that new axe piece was deleted alongside 2 other ones. I still have a pic of the axe piece:

http://images.wikia.com/cm4s/images/1/15/NewAxePiece.png

-Sci

So, were these pieces always in LDD? I think I would have come across them by now...

30286.jpg

30342.jpg

The top piece is used in the new Gungan Sub, but the bottom hasn't been seen since 2003... If they're new, is this a hint at the rumored Space theme for next year???

How did you get those? :look:

Getting colors is easy if you know what their Material IDs are. Just unzip an LXF, open the resulting LXFML in a text editor, and replace one of the bricks' Material IDs with the one for the color you want. Some colors aren't available on LDD, of course (like the speckly colors from 2006 Knights' Kingdom sets, or 299 Lacquered Gold, or some very old chrome colors from back before they assigned Material IDs to surface treatments like those), but in general you can get a lot of colors both old and new on LDD. My LDD complete color chart has all of the ones I've been able to find.

So, were these pieces always in LDD? I think I would have come across them by now...

The top piece is used in the new Gungan Sub, but the bottom hasn't been seen since 2003... If they're new, is this a hint at the rumored Space theme for next year???

They've been there, and I wouldn't take anything on LDD as prophetic except decidedly new pieces. Older pieces get added all the time.

Even some decidedly new-looking pieces can sometimes just be inaccurate renders of already-known pieces, so really anything added to LDD should be taken with a grain of salt.

New update! :classic:

I just downloaded it and haven't had much time to play around, but a couple thoughts:

• I see a lot of new Star Wars minifig parts and prints. I like that as a Star Wars fan, but I'm not sure if that's LDD biggest need right now where parts are concerned.
  • The new parts organization looks good.
  • I like the fact that when you use the search bar, the results are displayed as collapsed tabs instead of opened categories. The search is much, much faster now that I don't have to wait for all those parts to load after pretty much each and every letter is entered into the search bar.

Alright, I might be going nuts here, but I cannot recall prior to this update whether or not they added these parts, and nobody has mentioned it yet, so let's bring it up and see what happens.

3x3 plate, and inverted 2x2 tile.

To the best of my knowledge, these two elements have never been in LDD prior to this update, nor do they exist in the real world. Any insight, or am I just crazy?

This is more of a "noob" question, but was the Alien Mask (95201) newly added? I noticed it's only available in "extended" mode for some reason... why do they randomly exclude basic parts like that from "regular" mode? It just seems... odd.

Also, since the helmet/visor bug I reported is (amazingly!) fixed now, I'm curious where LDD downloaded this tiny "patch" to. Is it assets.lif that gets updated/modified, or something else? I noticed About still reports 4.3.5 and 835 as the version and brick version, respectively, but the visor issue was definitely fixed a few minutes ago! :)

(if this belongs in a more "general" thread, feel free to move it, mods!)

Edited by Banjo

They've been there, and I wouldn't take anything on LDD as prophetic except decidedly new pieces. Older pieces get added all the time.

Even some decidedly new-looking pieces can sometimes just be inaccurate renders of already-known pieces, so really anything added to LDD should be taken with a grain of salt.

What about the new 3x3 plate? I haven't seen that before, and I couldn't find anything when I searched Bricklink for the part number. I'm really happy to see it at last though! And 11090 may have been a surprise from a future set if we hadn't already seen it in the pictures of the Rancor Pit set.

@vynsane: Both parts are there under the 'environmental' category with plants, fences, etc.

Do you know if Rebel Pilot Helmet is available?

Thank you.

It is, but it cannot be decorated.

I see a lot of new Star Wars minifig parts and prints. I like that as a Star Wars fan, but I'm not sure if that's LDD biggest need right now where parts are concerned.

Well I like it! :grin:

The inverted 2x2 tile is in the Ninjago Mech. Can't say I've ever seen or heard of a 3x3 plate though.

Can't say I was expecting this! I mean, I'm glad there's a new version, but now I'm having to go through my (many, many) LDD MOCs and figure out where the missing pieces are again. But that's okay, because more often than not it minifig stuff, and the solution is to replace it with the correct part!

Goddamn it! They added the old technic turntable, but it's bugged!! I can't get it to mesh with a 24 teeth gear!

I used it to replace a placeholder new style technic turntable with 56 teeth, but when I try to replace it with the proper part, it doesn't fit! I've tried rotating the gear, the turntable, but no dice. And the worst part is that I know that construction is legitimate, I've done it in Real Life!

Could you report this to the LDD team, SuperKalle? Also, the 24 teeth crown gear is still wonky...

EDIT: Sorry, SuperKalle, I only now noticed the bug report thread. I will repost there imediatly!

Edited by Scorpion