Survey: New parts and new colors

Some parts I could use very very often:

Part 1

Part name: No idea...

Part description: A plate with studs on both sides

Part usage: For complex building

62705extra.jpg

Part Name: Technic Beam 2 x 0.5 Liftarm with Boss

Part description: A very short technic liftarm.

Part usage: using as a hand crank for instance.

technicliftarms.jpg

Survey: New parts and new colors

Together with my fellow ambassador CopMike I'm running this survey to find out which new parts and/or new colors you would like LEGO to produce. We guarantee your feedback will be delivered to LEGO via our various channels, so here's your chance to be heard!

Only make one post in this thread per member. If needed you can later edit your post and add more part requests and/or color requests.

To make our lives easy, please use this structure to present your idea's:

Part 1:

- Part name:

- Part description: --> use any means you think necessary to explain us what you have in mind like drawings, pictures from the Internet, words, etc. If we don't clearly understand what you mean we can't present your suggested part to LEGO, so do your best!

- Part usage: --> explain why you believe LEGO should produce this part. Why is it important to you and potentially others?

Part x: --> you can repeat the process for additional parts

##########################################

Color 1:

- Code Name:

- Color code: --> we prefer an html color code (example: #00FF80) or any other format we can work with

- Color sample: --> please use a graphics program to post a small sample picture of the suggested color (size of the sample: 200px x 100px)

- Color usage: --> explain why you believe LEGO should introduce this new color. Why is it important to you and potentially others?

Color x: --> you can repeat the process for additional colors

The floor is now yours :classic:

Dear Bonapart, I am doing a "mémoire" for my master degree in Brussels about word-of-mouth and influential marketing. As you are an ambassador of the Lego Company, I would like to interview you.

Please contact me, I think you can have access to my details, I can't.

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short to this thread, but here's my two cents:

As an over general theme of what I'm interested in right now, I want more minifigure parts available on PAB. Flesh and light gray hands, more solid color torsos, light gray hair, light gray helmets, more flesh heads, more torsos with prints for females.

So I don't know how to phrase this... it's not new parts, and it's not new colors - it's old parts in colors that exist for other pieces, some of which had previously been available but aren't any longer (like light gray torsos, not on PAB anymore, but beyond that I would want more colors).

If I could be specific, parts I would like to see sold separately (some of these already exist, but you cannot buy them separately):

Part Name: minifig hands (pair)

Description: minifig hands in light gray and flesh colors.

Usage: modify/build a greater variety of minifigures.

Part Name: minifig arms (pair)

Description: arms in a greater variety of colors: green, light gray, flesh, blue, red, etc.

Part Name: minifig torso with dress print

Description: various color minifig torsos for females.

Usage: Build a minifig whorehouse modify/build a greater variety of minifigures.

Part Name: Brick slopes, 2x2x2 high, printed dress patterns.

Description: various color minifig dresses for females.

NOTE: I want it to be known I'm not being sexist... most women you encounter in the "real world" (if such a place exists) are wearing pants; I realize these slopes wouldn't be as popular as regular minifigure legs, but the fact is you could use solid color legs with a torso printed for a dress and it would work just fine. In particular, though, I'm interested in medieval settings, in which case dresses are more important.

I would like a lot more plain color torsos. Most of them would be used within some context that wouldn't require printing... you put armor on it, and you don't see it anyway; you put some sort of gear carried on the back, or even just a hat, and the figure carrying some utensil, and the outfit is given in context. These make them more generic and easier to apply in more situations, and also makes customization easier.

I don't think things like this are unreasonable... it's not new molds, and it's not new colors.

Edited by fred67

Sorry to intrude, Bonaparte, but have there been any new developments on this? Just curious, we haven't heard anything new on this for a while...

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short to this thread, but here's my two cents:

As an over general theme of what I'm interested in right now, I want more minifigure parts available on PAB. Flesh and light gray hands, more solid color torsos, light gray hair, light gray helmets, more flesh heads, more torsos with prints for females.

So I don't know how to phrase this... it's not new parts, and it's not new colors - it's old parts in colors that exist for other pieces, some of which had previously been available but aren't any longer (like light gray torsos, not on PAB anymore, but beyond that I would want more colors).

If I could be specific, parts I would like to see sold separately (some of these already exist, but you cannot buy them separately):

Part Name: minifig hands (pair)

Description: minifig hands in light gray and flesh colors.

Part Name: minifig arms (pair)

Description: arms in a greater variety of colors: green, light gray, flesh, blue, red, etc.

Part Name: minifig torso with dress print

Description: various color minifig torsos for females.

Usage: Build a minifig whorehouse modify/build a greater variety of minifigures.

Part Name: Brick slopes, 2x2x2 high, printed dress patterns.

Description: various color minifig dresses for females.

NOTE: I want it to be known I'm not being sexist... most women you encounter in the "real world" (if such a place exists) are wearing pants; I realize these slopes wouldn't be as popular as regular minifigure legs, but the fact is you could use solid color legs with a torso printed for a dress and it would work just fine. In particular, though, I'm interested in medieval settings, in which case dresses are more important.

I would like a lot more plain color torsos. Most of them would be used within some context that wouldn't require printing... you put armor on it, and you don't see it anyway; you put some sort of gear carried on the back, or even just a hat, and the figure carrying some utensil, and the outfit is given in context. These make them more generic and easier to apply in more situations, and also makes customization easier.

I don't think things like this are unreasonable... it's not new molds, and it's not new colors.

You aren't going to be able to buy hands or arms separately through any channels, I can assure you of that. To my knowledge, torsos are only ever sold pre-assembled, most likely because TLG doesn't want to encourage swapping of minifigure arms, hands, and legs. The torso-arm, arm-hand, and leg-hip connections can become damaged if you separate the parts. It is possible that new pre-assembled torsos could be added to Pick-A-Brick that contain these arm and hand colors, but it's doubtful unless those torsos were recently produced and included in sets with that torso-arm-hand combination. They're not going to pull five-year-old parts back into production just for the online Pick-A-Brick and Design byME.

Now, one way older and rarer torso assemblies might be brought back into production is through the vintage minifigure collections. And if that were to happen, then while online PAB probably wouldn't include them (I think the vintage minifigure collection parts are produced in China, and so I don't think that it would be practical to pack them into orders halfway around the world in Europe), Build-A-Mini stations at LEGO brand stores often include parts from these collections.

Of course, things like flesh arms and hands tend to only occur in licensed themes, and I'm not sure if TLG can produce licensed figs for their vintage minifigure collections. Chances are paying royalties would get a bit messy if the figs belonged to different licenses by different companies, or if licensed figs and non-licensed figs were packaged together. Surely LEGO Star Wars has been around for long enough that an all-Star Wars vintage minifigure collection would be possible, although I'm not sure if there would be a demand (and figs from after the advent of fleshies aren't all that "vintage" anyway).

I would like these parts, please:

PART 1: Train, Track Plastic (RC Trains) Crossing in Dark Stone Grey. It will replace the original part, the 9V era Train Crosing.

Here is a pic of the original:

32087.gif

It could be used for creating rail layouts, such as Figure 8's, among other ideas. It could be sold on it's own,

as the older part was, or sold in a pack along with regular curves, like the flex-track and straight track pieces that are being sold in packs.

PART 2: Train, Track Plastic, Narrow, Straight in Dark Stone Grey

Here is the curved version of the part:

85976.jpg

It could use be used in mining sets, like a western or modern mine. Switches in this size & color would also be welcome.

Thank you.

Since we are getting finally a wheel barrow, I have a dream list of minifig accessories.

Pipe wrench (smaller than the +4 junior one)

Paint brush (house paint one)

Hand saw

Hack saw

Circular Saw

Chain Saw (brick-built's are nice but are way oversided :laugh: )

Cement trowel

Mallet

Paint scraper (can double as a kitchen tool as well)

Ladle (one that fit's in a minifig saucepan :blush: )

Chef's Knife (not that dagger that you can kill with then use it in the kitchen :devil: )

Flare gun (one that is used on boats)

Milk/Juice container top (one that can sit on a 1x1 brick - white and orange)

There....that's it for now.

Brick On....Suggest On ! :wink:

Others have suggested this to TLC before, but why have they not made them?

Part name: Double-sided Pate. (or Double-Male Plate)

Description: A plate with studs on both top and bottom.

Usage: Build studs-down as well as studs-up.

Make in sizes from 1x1 - 1x4, 2x2 - 2x4, 1x1- and 2x2 Round, and 2x2 Corner.

This would reduce (if not eliminate) the need for most inverted items. To invert a slope, or anything else, just use a Double-Sided Plate.

I was checking BL, and I was surprised that a 1x2x2 inverted slope brick doesn't exist :sceptic:

A 2x2x2 inverted slope would be nice too :grin:

Edited by prateek

I would like these parts, please:

PART 1: Train, Track Plastic (RC Trains) Crossing in Dark Stone Grey. It will replace the original part, the 9V era Train Crosing.

Here is a pic of the original:

32087.gif

It could be used for creating rail layouts, such as Figure 8's, among other ideas. It could be sold on it's own,

as the older part was, or sold in a pack along with regular curves, like the flex-track and straight track pieces that are being sold in packs.

I would love to see this as well I want to make a figure eight track but I don't want to pay $20 for the old 9v ones.

It might be nice to make a part that enables you to create a real helicopter rotor head. The only lego rotor head that I'm aware of only allows a collective pitch control, but not roll and pitch control.

Basically I think what is needed is a ball with a hole drilled through and two rings that stick together but can rotate with respect to each other, clamped around the ball. The two rings would have to have some connector pins where you can connect the rest of the head assembly.

It would be very cool if this lego heli could really fly, but that seems a step too far considering the lego parts weight, motor power and lego part strength.

BTW the hole in the ball should be wide enough to slide over an axle but the ball does not have to rotate.

EDIT: I just discovered that this part already exists, as part of set 8412-nighthawk :)

Edited by wpasman

This is one that I personally would like to see. I realise that it kind of requires some sort of theme which might not be manifest by Lego at the moment, but hey... here goes

Part 1:

- Part name: Modern/Steam Ship Bow and Stern Pieces

- Part description: --> The same in dimension and purpose as the bow and stern pieces used to make the ships in the pirates and pirates of the caribbean sets (This One) but following the lines and contours of a modern ship/steam ship (Like This One)

- Part usage: --> The pieces to build a classic galleon-style sailing ship exist in abundance, but it is incredibly difficult to build a more modern ship with the same efficiency, practicality, and pleasing aesthetics. At the moment modern ships are limited to having less than pleasing bows made from These or the really unversatile and not a little chunky floating hulls used in the lego city sets. A new pirate-style bow and stern for a modern steam ship would open up much more possibilities for building lego ships where currently the options are very limited.

So yeah... ships =)

I really like the newer "realistic" colours like dark red, dark green, tan, orange, dark orange etc...

and would like to see more standard house building parts in these colours. We do have a growing varity of tiles and arches but some colours are still hard to use because of missing parts.

my most wanted part is Part 2339 - Brick, Arch 1 x 5 x 4 in "Medium Dark Flesh" because of the very cool 1x2 masonry brick existing in that colour.

2339.jpg

I Hope this part will be availlabe soon in my favorite colour. :-)

thumb640x360.jpg

Curve builder parts consist of bricks, plates and tiles that are one stud wide and rounded on at least one end (along the stud axis). At a minimum, it makes sense to have these parts available in a 1x2 geometry, but a 1x3 option would make things even easier for staggering vertical joints and adding structure. A half round (square on one end, rounded on the other) alone can be very versatile but a full round option (rounded at both ends) would allow for even tighter curves and small polygonal structure (like a hexagonal turret on a castle, etc.)

So what is it good for?

The rounded end allows for bricks on the same row to be assembled "off angle" allowing for curved walls of (nearly) arbitrary radius. A round-nose-to-square-tail arrangement allows bricks to swivel up to about 20 degrees off the center line. A nose to nose arrangement allows pieces to pivot up to 110 degrees off the center line.

This greatly simplifies the task of building round towers, elliptical curved buttresses and other, non-orthogonal structures. It frees designers from the choice of either using a predefined radius piece (macaroni brick, 2x4 half round cylinder, etc.) or playing tedious tricks with 1x1 rounds.

The round nose design allows for arbitrary curves. As the design allows for normal brick staggering, the resulting wall is quite strong and stable.

Even when a curved wall is not the ultimate goal, curve builder bricks can still offer a cheaper and effective alternative to using more expensive hinge tiles or hinge bricks when trying to build angled walls such as a bump-out. Unlike hinge-based angled walls, which are often only hinged at a limited number of connection points to mitigate cost, curve builder bricks can be staggered along the entire length of the joint leading to a more durable play set and less fragile models.

And speaking of hinges, these bricks enable designers to build their own, stud-aligned hinges for situations where you want to hide the knuckle of the hinge or just achieve a different look.

I've hand built a few of these over the years (ranging from glue ups of mutilated standard bricks to castings in white metals and epoxy) and have found the design to be quite viable even in small quantities. Recently have considered getting a 3-D printer to give larger production runs a shot, but it would make my life a lot easier (and open up a wide range of off-angle construction for a lot of people) if TLG would just mass produce these.

There are a few digital mock-ups of the 1x2 half-round brick in action over at my CUUSOO proposal for this family of bricks, please feel free to check them out, feedback and questions are always welcome.

To add my share, I'd love to see a new window glass mold in trans clear.

- Part name: Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 Glass with Rounded Top

- Part description: --> a trans clear glass (overall shaped like this, but with trans clear glass and not lattice - 30046.png) to fill the round window frame -30044.png

- Part usage: Ever since introduction of windows with rounded top I missed a counterpart of Pane Lattice Diamond. A new trans clear mold would add an overall a better look to a number of city/town buildings including rounded windows. It could be greatly used in City/Creator/Modular buildings/Architecture series as well as other themes with buikdings.

Hope I'm not the only one with this 'strange' wish for a new part/colour.

Edited by Redhead1982

Hope I'm not the only one with this 'strange' wish for a new part/colour.

Not a strange one at all. I would love to have glass for those rounded windows!

- Part name: 3794

- Part description: plate 1x2 w 1 knob (1x2 jumper plate)

- Part usage: I would like to see this part produced in dark orange, as it would be a wonderful color for window sills next to reddish brown or brick yellow (tan) brick walls.

- Part name: 3048

- Part description: end ridged tile 1x2/45°

- Part usage: I would like to see this part produced in earth blue. All other roof parts except strangely this one are available in earth blue.

- Code Name: Sand red

- Color code: 8c6b6b

- Color usage: There are few alternatives for brick-reds in the current palette unless you substitute something darker (dark red), more saturated (pink), or less hue (medium nougat). Please reissue sand red bricks and plates in a future modular building or creator set.

- Color sample:

10003-1.jpg?0

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Part 1

-part name: all existing tiles, jumper plates, and anything else with a fingernail grove

-part description: modify the molds to remove the fingernail grove on ONE side (the long edge where applicable). Ideally the new tiles should have one completely flat side- appearing like the side of a plate, including the bottom corners; but even if the corner divots remained from the side fingernail groves it would be a big improvement.

-part usage: to help AFOLs and other builders hide the transitions to/from SNOT while still retaining the functionality of being able to remove the pieces (three sides would still have the fingernail grove). Without this change it is difficult to make completely seamless transitions to/from SNOT.

Part 2

-95343 (bucket 1x1x1)

-part description: make in black, light and dark gray

-part usage: steam engine smoke stacks, other exhaust pipes, thrusters, etc (places where the old palm tree, 2536, once could be found)

part 3

-3794 (jumper plate)

-part description: make in dark green

-part usage: anywhere dark green can be found and half stud offsets are needed

I would love to be able to vary the season of vegetation, so plant leaves 4x3 and 6x5 (2423/2417) in:

light yellow

medium dark flesh

dark orange

dark tan

brown

dark blueish grey (dead, spooky ones)

and renew the access to white ones too.

More olive green across the other plant pieces espicially sea grass 30093 and bring back the 44512, 26 long wavy plant stem.

Plant flower stems in dark tan, brown, dark blueish grey and maybe dark green.

As this topic has not been locked yet, I am hoping its still relevant to post suggestions... With the upcoming release of a new and wonderful train(Horizon Express),I can't help but wonder why we haven't seen any new track piece or pack options?

My suggestions..

another vote or request for

part: 90 degree train crossing track piece

description: similar to 9v version

usage: allows track to cross itself giving more options for layouts

part: large radius curve train track

description: gives neccessary larger curve to lay parallel to existing curve track

usage: allows for a clean installation of a secondary outer track to a layout

part: electric switch track gearbox

description: a prepackaged mechanism that could be connected to manual switch tracks to operate them remotely

usage: allows switches of large layouts to be operated quickly and easily from a distance

Thanks for the opportunity..and hoping for more great train options from LEGO!

- Part name: 3794

- Part description: plate 1x2 w 1 knob (1x2 jumper plate)

- Part usage: I would like to see this part produced in dark orange, as it would be a wonderful color for window sills next to reddish brown or brick yellow (tan) brick walls.

- Part name: 3048

- Part description: end ridged tile 1x2/45°

- Part usage: I would like to see this part produced in earth blue. All other roof parts except strangely this one are available in earth blue.

- Code Name: Sand red

- Color code: 8c6b6b

- Color usage: There are few alternatives for brick-reds in the current palette unless you substitute something darker (dark red), more saturated (pink), or less hue (medium nougat). Please reissue sand red bricks and plates in a future modular building or creator set.

- Color sample:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure that Sand Red is a discounted colour.

Anyway, I have one simple request: Spike Flexible 3.5L in white. Honestly I'm pretty surprised it doesn't exist yet- it would be useful for teeth and other animal parts. I don't need for that reason, but that's a different story.