Danger19

LEGO VIP program

Today I received the VIP newsletter and it said: Finally, keep an eye out this month for a very special early access announcement, just for LEGO VIPs! Coming very soon…

Anyone has any idea what this could be?

Today I received the VIP newsletter and it said: Finally, keep an eye out this month for a very special early access announcement, just for LEGO VIPs! Coming very soon…

Anyone has any idea what this could be?

Possibly early admittance for Black Friday sales.

apparntly for every £10 you spend you win £1. Doesnt sound too good to me

But on every 'bet' you 'win' a LEGO set... AND 10%.

Edited by fred67

Has anyone else had any problems registering for the VIP card account and if so how was it resolved?

I got a card in store and another online, because I could not actually register. I called the Lego customer service number and they merged one of the cards points into the other for me.

Possibly early admittance for Black Friday sales.

Oh god, PLEASE let this be true! :drool:

i have no idea about programming. so i can not do anything with it.

The VIP Program is not about "programming"...it's a deal you can sign up for. When you buy directly from LEGO, they give you VIP Points - in-store credit! :classic:

The VIP Program is not about "programming"...it's a deal you can sign up for. When you buy directly from LEGO, they give you VIP Points - in-store credit! :classic:

Actually it's just a different kind of programming, the kind cults and spy organizations specialize in; they've got me programmed to buy extra stuff whenever they have a double VIP points promotion

:oh: -'Double points... must ... buy... LEGO....'

Actually it's just a different kind of programming, the kind cults and spy organizations specialize in; they've got me programmed to buy extra stuff whenever they have a double VIP points promotion

:oh: -'Double points... must ... buy... LEGO....'

:laugh: Well, that's one way of looking at it. :tongue:

Oh god, PLEASE let this be true! :drool:

Well, last year they invited selected VIPs (apparently the top "x" number of spenders and a guest in each store's area... I think it was 25) for a "Black Friday" event for one hour before the store opened for regular customers on the Saturday before Black Friday.

Perhaps they'll extend that offer to all VIP members, although that would make the store awfully crowded.

Or perhaps they are just going to hype the usual BF stuff... everyone gets a scratch off for up to 50% off. Only, while I've heard of people getting the infamous 50% off, nobody I've ever seen got more than 10%.

Well, last year they invited selected VIPs (apparently the top "x" number of spenders and a guest in each store's area... I think it was 25) for a "Black Friday" event for one hour before the store opened for regular customers on the Saturday before Black Friday.

Perhaps they'll extend that offer to all VIP members, although that would make the store awfully crowded.

Or perhaps they are just going to hype the usual BF stuff... everyone gets a scratch off for up to 50% off. Only, while I've heard of people getting the infamous 50% off, nobody I've ever seen got more than 10%.

Don't worry, the VIP event was pretty horrendous. It was worse than the Black Friday event as those sets that get discounted for Black Friday were not discounted for the VIP event. It was just the regularly priced store items and a scratchcard that could be 10-50% off. No one at my store got the 50%, one person got a 20%. Oh yes, the one plus though, a free PAB. :)

It was okay, you didn't feel that special.

I have a question about the VIP Program.

I just ordered the Tower Bridge with 10% off :) and choose to redeem the last points i had for a extra 10Euro discount.

But when i ordered the online bill said nothing about points and showed a total of 197.99, So that's only with the 10% discount.

BUT the points were gone from my account...

Anyone had this happen????

I have a question about the VIP Program.

(question)

Yes, I ordered LEGO a couple months ago and finally used a bunch of my points. When I checked my online status it said the original amount before point deduction and my points gone. I waited for my arrival and checked the order slip. It said the same, not showing any deduction. I called customer service and the assured me I received the discount and that it does not show online or on the packing slip, but WILL on my bank statement. All was good :classic:

Is there any 'rule' on when LEGO stores offer double VIP points? I remember this going on last October, and March. Is it possible to expect it this March again? Does anyone know how far in advance this promotions are anounced?

I'm considering getting Horizon Express in London LEGO store while on a trip there in mid February, but waiting for a double VIP points would be a nice chance to get Palace cinema as well. Only, that would have to be another trip to LEGO store.

I never ordered from S@H until early last year when I joined VIP, so I don't know if it is guaranteed March/October of every year, but did just see in the Palace Cinema board that it will be double points in March again, so it would be safe to assume it will happen in October again also.

I would be more inclined to say it is tougher to guess when they will have figures/sets to give away on purchases over a certain price.

Thanks for this. I obviously missed it. To make the trip to Munich worth it, double VIP points is a great option. I'm planing to get the Palace Cinema and Horizon Express, so taking a train trip in mid March is a great excuse for a day off and a busy weekend for building. :classic:

...but did just see in the Palace Cinema board that it will be double points in March again, so it would be safe to assume it will happen in October again also.

Just wanted to ask if my British Lego VIP card, would work in the USA, since I'm going on holiday and am planning to buy a bit of Lego (or a lot)!

Yes, it's a universal points card that can be used in any Brand Store and S@H.

Thanks, the only time I really go to a Lego shop is on holiday.

Yes, it's a universal points card that can be used in any Brand Store and S@H.

I wonder how the points conversion works when you are gaining or spending points in a currency other than your primary?

I believe it is 1 point for 1 of whatever currency you're buying in.

This is always unfair to European buyers. I get nothing from Lego because it's standard price plus €11.95 for shipping to Portugal... I get discounted sets (25% to 35% from amazon...) with free shipping. Even lego can't compete with that, and it is a bit sad to watch the prices in the US :/ The VIP program could help to diminish that difference for european buyers. If its a 1 currency = 1 point logic, be reminded that €1 = $1.335, as an european citizen I pay more than american fans for the same privileges.

This is always unfair to European buyers. I get nothing from Lego because it's standard price plus €11.95 for shipping to Portugal... I get discounted sets (25% to 35% from amazon...) with free shipping. Even lego can't compete with that, and it is a bit sad to watch the prices in the US :/ The VIP program could help to diminish that difference for european buyers. If its a 1 currency = 1 point logic, be reminded that €1 = $1.335, as an european citizen I pay more than american fans for the same privileges.

But aren't the VIP rewards also scaled to the currency? In that case, a US buyer who buys 100 dollars in sets gets enough points to earn 5 dollars in store credit. In contrast, a European buyer who buys 100 Euros in sets would earn five Euros in store credit. The only thing that fails to balance out is the real cost of the sets according to the value of the currency, but no matter what your currency, your eventual VIP rewards will always be 5% of what you spent to get them (not counting the extra 99 cents on each set's price tag that don't add to its VIP point value).

EDIT: Thanks to bjtpro for correcting my math. :blush:

Edited by Aanchir

I get nothing from Lego because it's standard price plus €11.95 for shipping to Portugal... I get discounted sets (25% to 35% from amazon...) with free shipping.

It's the same here in Ireland. I only buy exclusives from Shop at Home because the price of other sets is the same as in the local toy shop and the €11.95 shipping is a lot relative to the price of sets. Sales on Shop at Home are rarely more than 10% off which still wouldn't make up for shipping costs. Anyway, this is a little off-topic.

But aren't the VIP rewards also scaled to the currency? In that case, a US buyer who buys 100 dollars in sets gets enough points to earn 5 dollars in store credit. In contrast, a European buyer who buys 100 Euros in sets would earn five Euros in store credit.

And besides, even though a Euro is worth more than a dollar, a $50 set in the US is usually a €50 set in Europe...

But aren't the VIP rewards also scaled to the currency? In that case, a US buyer who buys 100 dollars in sets gets enough points to earn 5 dollars in store credit. In contrast, a European buyer who buys 100 Euros in sets would earn five Euros in store credit. The only thing that fails to balance out is the real cost of the sets according to the value of the currency, but no matter what your currency, your eventual VIP rewards will always be 20% of what you spent to get them (not counting the extra 99 cents on each set's price tag that don't add to its VIP point value).

You meant to say 5% I think? If 20% is correct then I don't understand and request clarification.

Thanks, Joe